Awoo.

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection - September 6th 2024

Ryannumber1gamer

Announced during the Nintendo Direct, we've got a brand new Ace Attorney remastered collection, and this one is a huge deal! Why? Because it's officially bringing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 worldwide!!

This also marks all mainline Ace Attorney games being available on modern consoles, with just the Professor Layton crossover now being missing. With the game releasing on September 6th 2024, a massive pipedream for all Ace Attorney fans will finally come true, and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm so glad to see this is finally happening. Honestly, I didn't love AAI2 when I played the fan translation several years ago, but it's a unique entry in the series that deserves to be made really accessible. Didn't think that it would ever happen. 

So the official title is "Prosecutor's Gambit". I'm interested in finding out the fans of all the characters too. 

EDIT: Courtesy of the official website, we have the new official name of Sebastian DeBeste:

spacer.png

Not particularly creative with his last name literally being "Winner"...

There's more, and they get better. Justine Courtney is now Verity Gavèlle and Raymond Shields is Eddie Fender, which is legit brilliant. 

• Promotion 1

I'm glad I held off on checking out the fan translation for all these years.  I'm very glad there's finally an official release for Investigations 2 to support.

I guess they'll be rereleasing the Layton crossover at some point, too, but that'll have to be a standalone.

I have no idea if this was in the rumour mill but this was the best surprise for me. Like Salamander I've also held off on the fan translation so I;m excited to finally give it a go.

I really need to get around to Great Ace Attorney, its been sitting in my Steam catalogue for months...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Covskin said:

I have no idea if this was in the rumour mill but this was the best surprise for me. Like Salamander I've also held off on the fan translation so I;m excited to finally give it a go.

I really need to get around to Great Ace Attorney, its been sitting in my Steam catalogue for months...

It was leaked yesterday. 

What a bizarre arrangement, apparently since these will all be region free anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Confused 1

Weird.  I'm sure they'll have run their calculations and assessed their markets, but it just seems mad that they're printing Switch physical editions and printing PS4 physical editions but you can't even get them in the same place.

I only got into the series in the 3DS era (I think Dual Destinies was my first title).  If I recall correctly, the only games I actually own physically in the series are Apollo Justice and AA Investigations the first.

Really happy to finally be able to experience this duology! This was the biggest highlight from the Direct for me ^^

It looks like they’ve continued to learn from the complaints about the og trilogy too which is neat ^^

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

What a bizarre arrangement, apparently since these will all be region free anyway.

Odd. I’ll be importing a copy then.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2024 at 3:45 PM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Ah, what an anomaly. XD

That being said, though, I’m just glad we get to hear this on consoles again.

The Great Truth Thief is back!