Awoo.

A Nintendo Direct is happening, guys!

Shiny Gems

https://x.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1802702745276662114

Join us for a #NintendoDirect livestream focused on #NintendoSwitch games coming in the second half of 2024! There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation.

📅 June 18
 🕓 7:00 AM PT
 ⏳ Roughly 40 minutes

Watch it here: https://ninten.do/6018YLrFA 

2024-ndirect.jpeg

Here it is, everyone. This is news for the Nintendo Direct in June! Are you all excited? I am! I can't wait to see what games are shown in this Direct! Maybe something good is going to be shown in this particular Direct, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

LETS GO LETS GO LETS'A GOOO! 

Ten AM, eh? That feels doable on my end. I'm excited to see what they've got, even if it's the swan song for a dying system like the Switch.

Finally!  I've really been looking forward to the summer direct.  Glad we finally have a date and time!  😎 

Nice! Can’t wait for DLC and such.

M&L HAS to come back, it just feels right. The time is right, everyone would buy it like hot cakes, I swear.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forty minutes is chunky for what's probably the last Direct before the Switch successor reveal.  Sure, Switch II'll be backwards compatible and will be able to play all of it, but even so - what have Nintendo been holding back that they can announce now?

It seems pretty likely that Dragon Quest HD-2D is going to show up, but other than that, I can't think of anything obviously outstanding other than ports, ports, and more ports.  Maybe games which will get separate SKUs for Switch and Switch II?  I'd have thought Nintendo would want to avoid that, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Salamander said:

Forty minutes is chunky for what's probably the last Direct before the Switch successor reveal.  Sure, Switch II'll be backwards compatible and will be able to play all of it, but even so - what have Nintendo been holding back that they can announce now?

It seems pretty likely that Dragon Quest HD-2D is going to show up, but other than that, I can't think of anything obviously outstanding other than ports, ports, and more ports.  Maybe games which will get separate SKUs for Switch and Switch II?  I'd have thought Nintendo would want to avoid that, though.

What if they did something like PlayStation 4-5 where you can play PS 4 on 5, and select 5 games on 4?

52 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

M&L HAS to come back, it just feels right. The time is right, everyone would buy it like hot cakes, I swear.

I mean... if they're going to reintroduce a long-dead franchise, I'd personally believe that they'd save it for their upcoming console... but this is Nintendo we're talking about; they never do what you expect. Kings of left field.

Here are the details, in case you don't want to click through to Twitter/X (understandable!). I'll add it to the OP as well.

Join us for a #NintendoDirect livestream focused on #NintendoSwitch games coming in the second half of 2024! There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation.

📅 June 18
🕓 7:00 AM PT
⏳ Roughly 40 minutes

Watch it here: https://ninten.do/6018YLrFA

2024-ndirect.jpeg

Very curious to see what Nintendo have up their sleeve for the rest of 2024 if there's no Switch successor news. May we FINALLY get ports of the Wii U HD remasters of the two Legend of Zelda games? Please?

EDIT: I bet there's a Kirby game in there somewhere. There's always a Kirby game in the final years of a Nintendo console.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

May we FINALLY get ports of the Wii U HD remasters of the two Legend of Zelda games? Please?

Nintendo, if you aren't gonna put the remasters on there, just smack the GameCube versions onto NSO. Just put the damn games on the Switch.

Edited by JPearce

I kinda just got reminded that Nintendo will also devote Direct airtime to things like their movies and theme parks, so suddenly that forty minutes starts looking less impressive.

2 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

What if they did something like PlayStation 4-5 where you can play PS 4 on 5, and select 5 games on 4?

I'm sure there'll still be plenty of Switch 1 games released after Switch 2 from third parties who are still just catching up; maybe even from Nintendo themselves.  It depends on how happy they are with, say, slapping a sticker on a Switch 1 box saying "Enhanced on Switch 2!"  That would allow Nintendo to effectively announce some Switch 2 games now - though personally I think they'll want to keep their powder dry, so they can announce Switch 2 with a big impressive release year blowout.

1 hour ago, Dreadknux said:

EDIT: I bet there's a Kirby game in there somewhere. There's always a Kirby game in the final years of a Nintendo console.

Let me see.  It's been two years since Forgotten Land, but only one since the remaster of Return To Dream Land...  Maybe a smaller title.  They seem to still like doing those with Kirby, and good for them.  ...Now I just want to see the return of BoxBoy!, though.

6 minutes ago, Salamander said:

I kinda just got reminded that Nintendo will also devote Direct airtime to things like their movies and theme parks, so suddenly that forty minutes starts looking less impressive.

2 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

I mean, I don't have a problem with hearing more about the movies and theme parks, even if I don't actually go to theme parks. But if you're only there for the games, then I respect that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know there's like... a 0.001% chance but I kinda want to see something Smash Bros. related. It could be a remaster, actual new game, new fighter in ultimate (doubt), animation/show (big doubt), or... I don't know, literally anything lol.

Might be my brain subconsciously telling me to find my Smash Ultimate cartridge.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hedgehugs said:

I know there's like... a 0.001% chance but I kinda want to see something Smash Bros. related. It could be a remaster, actual new game, new fighter in ultimate (doubt), animation/show (big doubt), or... I don't know, literally anything lol.

Might be my brain subconsciously telling me to find my Smash Ultimate cartridge.

I think it's highly unlikely that the Switch will get new Smash Bros. content with a new console on the horizon. But, as I've said before, Nintendo is the king of left field, so you never know...

• Thumbs Up 1

...I'm reeling here, what in the world was that insane banger Direct.

New Mario & Luigi and Dragon Quest III HD-2D releasing a week apart.  New original 2D Zelda with Zelda as the protagonist.  Ace Attorney Investigations Collection.  They're localising the New Denpa Men remake.  There's a remake of freaking Romancing Saga 2.  And that's just the stuff I'm interested in.  What in the world is going on?

My wallet and free time are in such danger.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was a great direct imho!  Personally there's a lot I'm excited for this time around, but I think the highlights for me were..

-Mario & Luigi: Brothership 

-Donkey Kong Country Returns HD

-Legend of Zelda: Echos of Wisdom 

-Phantom Brave: Lost Hero

-Metroid Prime 4 Beyond

-Marvel VS Capcom Collection 

And the Basketball update for Switch Sports looks fun as does the Looney Tunes sports game!

Overall a great direct! 😎 

• Thumbs Up 1