Awoo.

What are your thoughts on Sticks the Badger?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

Sticks_the_Badger_2015.png.df6b0e1acf0db9e85637808f403b3885.png

In my opinion, I really liked her character. I think she may have been her best in S.1 Ep.2, her paranoia of Eggmqn leads to a good payoff that presents her character to other's very well. Although I find her voice cute, I can understand if other people find it a bit uncomfortable on the ears. As for some other episodes I liked her in, I liked her in S.1 Ep.4, 5, S.2 Ep.3, 8, 9 and 18. I'll need to finish Srason 2 to some time to see if I'll expand that list, but aside from that I enjoyed her character, even if some episodes make me sometimes bounce around on my opinions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I freakin' love her! Her paranoia adds more personality diversity between the characters, and yes, I find her voice pretty cute! She also has a pretty cool design in my opinion!

• Fist Bump 2

I liked her plenty in the context she existed - I can see how someone might view her as annoying, but if that's the case they probably wouldn't have enjoyed anything Boom. She's a comic relief character who's perfect for the series as she is. Modernly, I can't imagine they'd ever again want to anything much with her, but I'm not that bummed with that fact.

She paired well with Amy in boom, and I would NOT be mad if we saw more of her in the future.

She makes a great asset in the team, as well as a character that bounces off of others TOO well. She could be easily connected with Amy and Knuckles, as the former spends a lot of time together, and the latter has Connections with Nature, similar to sticks.

All in all, she is GREAT.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like her. In fact, I do wish she could return in the games canon and outside of the Boom canon, in newer games, that is. I know she was mentioned in Sonic Frontiers at the end of that game, but I wish to see a full on appearance int he games for Sticks. I think she does have some potential as a character in the games canon. I would like it if they used her in the mainline games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like her... somehow.

Logically speaking she's one joke repeated over and over: "She believes crazy stuff." If you feel fancy "She believes crazy stuff and it turns out they are true".

I will say it's nice to have comic relief that is female for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found her to be quite annoying tbh and I'm glad she currently still is a boom only thing.

I like Sticks and really wish SEGA would allow her to migrate over to the main games and the current IDW comics.  She's a fun character!  She needs to be used more!

She's a perfectly fine addition. A bit underbaked, but I think she's best as a background character rather than part of the "main crew" like she was in Boom. An eccentric foil to the primary cast is always fun.

• Fist Bump 2

Just started watching Boom with some friends and we were all immediately endeared to her when she ran through her packed schedule of rummaging in garbage in Episode 3.

I can't help but love feral/wild female characters like her lol

• Nice Smile 2

I thought she was pretty good. I think she was a good addition to boom, being the more eccentric of the two girls. She was the perfect kind of crazy to balance out Amy’s more “mature” characterisation.

She is a really crazy character, her paranoid personality fits her well and I really grew to really love her!🦡🧡❗

Sticks.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I enjoy her wild yet paranoid personality, though I would have trouble seeing SEGA willing to use her in future Media post-Sonic Boom. I would like to have her to have a role in IDW's Stories one day (or, at the very least, Sonic Rumble).

Edited by Prisma The Chao

I think she's a fun character, but I'm not sure how well she fits with the modern cast in terms of personality. Also, her existence in canon is really confusing. She appeared with the modern characters at the Rio Olympics, 25th anniversary comics, and Sonic Runners, all of which have debatable canonocity, and then wasn't acknowledged again until Frontiers. So, do those other appearances count or not? I NEED ANSWERS, SEGA!

As a character, I like her. Well suited to the tone set in the Boom cartoon series.

As a palyable character in Boom Fire and Ice and Shattered Crystal, again yes...I liked her. The Boomarang mechanic was something a bit different and added a dimension to exploration of the levels. I would welcome a return.

As she is referenced in Frontiers,I do wonder what non-Boom, Sticks is like. I would like to see her introduced to find out!

She's one of very few characters in the series that I actually cannot stand. The vast majority of characters I absolutely love for one reason or another. And even those that I don't love, I usually have some reason to enjoy. But despite both that and the fact that I generally really vibe with the humour of Boom, Sticks only ever bothered me. I've never found "lol so crazy" humor to be particularly funny, and that's all she ever amounted to. Her voice too... Eesh. 

Chuck her in the bin along with Infinite, Zomom and Chris Thorndyke. 

I really liked Sticks.  I think that she added an interesting dynamic to Sonic and his friends by being the craziest character in the cast and it really lend itself well to the show.  I do hope that they find some way to get her into the mainstream series.

I can't really say much on her in Boom, as that is the one Sonic cartoon I've avoided out of sheer disinterest.

But her archetype as a paroniac is something I feel is a bit wasted on the premise of the cartoon from what little I've seen of her. There are a few gems I've seen in clips of her where I can definitely see what they were going for with the character, but because I'm not really interested in Boom I can't really say I like or even dislike her. I recall that she was supposed to be against or suspicious of technology, and while I can't really tell how far they went with that angle, I can say that I don't think that's the best way to portray the character...or at least, that's not where I think it would be best suited.

I can say that I'd like to see a different interpretation of the character based on the archetype and personality they gave her. Someone as paranoid and wild as she is could definitely serve as a conspiracy theorist who has crazy ideas that ironically turned out to be right, showcasing that there is actually quite an intellect under that crazy and somewhat delusional mind of hers. Or she could be right, but for the wrong reasons.

For instance, let's say she has a smartphone, and she has a conversation with Tails on a paranoid theory that someone is snooping through her phone.

Sticks: "Tails, aren't you worried about the bugs and worms on your phone?"

Tails (facepalms): "Sticks...phones don't have insects in them!"

Sticks: "No! Not those bugs! The ones the government downloads into your operating system so they can snoop through your files!"

Sticks (looks and points into the camera on her phone like she's chastizing it): "I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE IN THERE! GET OUT OF MY PHONE RIGHT NOW!"

*Meanwhile, in a GUN Spy Base*

*GUN Operators freak out over Sticks shouting through their screen on her phone.*

*GUN Operator looks at their leader*

GUN Operator: "You don't think she knows, do you?"

GUN Leader: "I would hope not..."

Something like that. Or at least that's how I'd portray the character based on the personality they gave her.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's a fun character! She really bounced well off of the Boom cast in the show. I hope she's just as unhinged if she's implemented into canon games as Frontiers suggests.

I like her design, but her meta and overly paranoid personality (and voice) are obnoxious to me, personally... She kind of represents the era of Sonic I dislike the most, tbh!