Awoo.

Some Sonic hot takes?

Happy Comics

I really wish that Sonic went the Mega Man route with its spinoffs. X. Legends, Zero, ZX, Battle Network and Star Force were a part of a franchise but they all did their own thing.

6 minutes ago, Guergy said:

I really wish that Sonic went the Mega Man route with its spinoffs. X. Legends, Zero, ZX, Battle Network and Star Force were a part of a franchise but they all did their own thing.

Technically they were more sequels of each other of a specific branch.

X, Zero, ZX, and (ambiguously) Legends are timeskips of from the main Megaman after Classic taking place 200, 300, 500, and thousands of years after Classic.

Meanwhile, Battle Network is the spin-off of the main branch with Star Force being it's sequel.

Not that I don't get the point--I'd actually like to see more of that myself, but we kinda have that with the (defunct) Boom and the Movies.

Edited by CrownSlayers Shadow
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe some kind of "classic" branch and a "modern" branch...no, no, it'd never work...

• Chuckle 2

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Maybe some kind of "classic" branch and a "modern" branch...no, no, it'd never work...

IMG_2403.jpeg

Got two:

1. It was stupid to lock the light dash in Colors to the hover wisp.

2. Forces wasn't THAT bad. It's mediocre. The avatar was a cool idea, and so was Infinite. I however will not defend Tails being a wimp in that game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the boost game formula more than the adventure style.  I get bored of the adventure style quickly, but boost is always fun. 

That said, I strongly disliked the Cyber Space levels in Frontiers.  They were too slow and felt weird to play.  I didn't like the level design either. 

2 hot takes in 1!

Edit: Thought of another one!  I don't care for chao gardens at all.  It bores me and I have no fun with it. 

Edited by Metal-Mouth
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/11/2024 at 12:40 AM, Dummy Bear said:

I liked buff dumb Knuckles from Sonic Boom and I kinda miss him.

One of the best characters in the series, I agree!

On 2/11/2024 at 4:54 AM, Austroid said:

Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun where the best "Egg lackeys!" Always wished they made it into the games.

DtckkIWU0AAgy48.jpg.18bfe79a2c8ce33b6bb0c32ecd99ef6d.jpg

(Orbot and Cubot on the other hand just need to go away. Over a decade later and they've hardly proven their worth as characters. They just exist for bad comedy or to constantly downplay Eggman as a credible villain.)

I love those guys! Especially Bokkun!!! He was an adorable little robot!

• Fist Bump 1

Was movie sonic's teeth based off classic eggman??

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-before-and-after-3857e9e.png

between-modern-dr-eggman-and-classic-dr-robotnik-who-do-you-v0-hmwbf2oqcvqb1.png

Sonic is the true ultimate lifeform

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, Knight Terror said:

Sonic is the true ultimate lifeform

Nuh uh. It's obviously Charmy Bee

• Absolutely 1
  • Unamused 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. Sonic and Amy feel like the "obligatory heterosexual pairing" when paired together - paired together becuase romance is expected, particularly straight romance.

2. Same for Sonally

(I get that you might be tired of shippy opinions so feel free to ignore.)

3. The current canon reason for Shadow protecting the world being "he promised Maria" does not play nice with his previous character development.

4. This IS a different issue, though related, throughout many games Shadow seemed to be becoming more heroic up until Sonic 06 where he seemed to be protecting the world for everyone's sakes, along with Sonic and Silver.  He protected Sonic, he protected Rouge, he was concerned for a broken Omega and hesitant to leave him behind. When Omega told Shadow that he was the one made to defeat Shadow, Shadow actually seemed upset by that. Shadow seemed upset by Sonic's death. Shadow had just kind of seemed to grow out of being an antihero becuase he got attached to people outside of Maria. 

Wether anybody thinks that was a good idea is another issue, but it honestly threw me through a loop to see Shadow get put back in the antihero role.

5. People get too angry about characterisation. Characters are tools and don't have personalities of their own.

6. I don't understand why those arguments are generally IDW or Ian Flynn related, both for or against their writing.

7. People have some bloody strong opinions about "Sega mandates" when as far as I can tell, no-one knows what they are or how they're enforced.

8. The avatar character in Sonic Forces was a bad idea. Tails should have fulfilled their function. Tails is the gadgeteer, have him use the gadgets and come to rescue Sonic (maybe with Knuckles or Amy coming with him). I feel that the chance was missed to have Sonic's friends shine in Sonic's absence and also show their desire to protect him. Also, classic Sonic should not have been here, but that take probably isn't spicy enough.

Edited by Edgy the Hedgy