Awoo.

[EVENT] The Sonic Stadium 52 Game Challenge 2024! - New Prizes every week! Current Prize: Sonic and the Secret Rings profile gift AND Sonic's Birthday Bash challenge for additional prizes!

Ryannumber1gamer

Progress wise, I'm on my final game of the main challenge, which I've chosen as one special to me - Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. I've 100%'d the game numerous times in the past, and I can't think of a better one to do. 

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

The DOMinator was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Weekly Check-In

Another week means another check-in, and this week I've got a lot to report! So, let's hop to it!

Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis Classics Port of Genesis Game, PS4) - Game 9 of 52 Beat, 6 of 52 100% Completed

y4m-96oX-edL2AThlsIt6xNjyeVgl2VgtPMXGtv_

y4m88ZFy0nswk6xfMNIvQb-AMPaZkQFaP_wasXMg

y4mPvMmjGtrpI-i6EUAGyXsTW2Ll7T9gXIeKWq9j

y4m2Ob68yd8A8bXV2fi6W8XzEV-ptwFDlX8D6V7z

y4mfcUenyQA1ZqDTY0BV5M7rBnAhowKIhjlbqMOJ

I thought I'd try to make some progress on this compilation and figured that the "Sore Knuckles" trophy (as seen in the first image) I was missing would be a win-win, in that I essentially just had to beat the game, which would count towards my total here. This was my first time playing through the full game and I found some new appreciation through it. Not that I didn't like it already, but getting to hear all of the music, experiencing the variety of locations for the levels, and figuring out the strategies needed to best take out the enemies and bosses was pretty cool.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis Classics Port of Genesis Game, PS4) - Game 10 of 52 Beat, 7 of 52 100% Completed

y4mBmiEw6oiot6YR-hyfSWmiwCXhaHTyLxWF8w3k

y4mNgg5_S3HUbgUN-JgOAjo4xNm2rIj0Wqb7W-IJ

Since I was already on the collection and figuring that the other Sonic games I was working on I might not complete in time for the birthday/anniversary challenge, I decided to beat and complete the original itself for it, fittingly. In addition, I had a save file for the game already that had all of the Chaos Emeralds, which was done for one of the other trophies. This is my umpteenth time completing the game in one of its many forms, and it still doesn't get old. Sure, it's a bit rougher than the rest of the Genesis Sonic classics, but we all got to start somewhere. It laid the foundation for all, both good and bad, that would come later. The franchise wouldn't be where it is now if not for it. So, thanks Sonic 1, and happy anniversary!

Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Remake of PS1 Game, PS4) - Game 11 of 52 Beat, 8 of 52 100% 108% Completed

y4mrjHceMHO-RdMqiy--VDxyrg00MBzGIjCnCRXD

y4m1RIdCStufAHYYnO9XlRO2maBdtIp380HzOmkI

You read that right. I decided to fully complete it from front to back, going beyond just 100% completion. All trophies were obtained, which means all Gems were collected, all Time Relics gold or platinum were earned, and all other challenges were accounted for. I even did all of the Future Tense DLC stuff, trophies and its own relic (not needed for a trophy), just for the sake of it. Sure, it was a lot of work, but it felt pretty satisfying in the end.

Sonic CD (Sonic Origins Plus Remaster of Sega CD Game, PS4) - Game 12 of 52 Beat, 9 of 52 100% Completed

y4mhSPb382GXY_hWY77Q751sQiXPtmqHKRk4lQ3W

y4m_E_w_llcrKsV530zmNX7IDb8ckUMNnovoRh6F

Playing Sonic 1 on the Sega Genesis Classics collection reminded me that I had save states from when I was completing the Bonus Picture in Sonic Origins Plus last year. After browsing through them and seeing that all but the Sonic CD one had any sort of real progress on them (due to the "find the Eggman statue and destroy it" mission), I decided to go with it. On the save file, all of the Time Stones were already collected, and the level it was left on was Stardust Speedway, so not much was left for the main game. After beating it, I tackled the Time Trials to unlock the extras for full completion. On another note, out of all of the Genesis classics, this is the one I've beaten and 100% completed the least, due to not being ported as often as the others. Still good, nonetheless. Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles are still better, but it's not far behind. The maze-like level structure can get confusing at times though, admittedly. Bosses are also pretty easy for the most part.

Sonic Forces (PS4) - Game 13 of 52 Beat, 10 of 52 100% Completed

y4m_hTi0IPKiNFyvDHtUgqzsJcR3jOTZsl50Xt5d

And to cap it off, I beat and 100% completed Sonic Forces. I actually did beat it initially a few years ago, but felt overwhelmed by some of the trophy requirements, specifically the "collect so and so Rings and defeat so and so Badniks" ones, and the "achieve highest honors with all of the Avatar races" one. The idea of essentially replaying the game several times over was daunting, but now having done it for the 52 Game Challenge, it didn't take as long as I expected it to. It took about a week of replaying the same level, Arsenal Pyramid (the "best" level to grind for them), again and again for about a half hour each day to earn the aforementioned trophies. The Daily Bonuses definitely helped as well. All said and done, it's nice to finally put this one in the books. Oh yeah, and the Shadow DLC trophies were earned to.

In addition to everything mentioned above, I also took advantage of the free online multiplayer weekend for PlayStation to earn some trophies for/make progress on Doom (2016), Samurai Shodown (2019), Among Us, and Doom Eternal. I also made progress on Team Sonic Racing, in which I beat all of story mode Race missions on the hard difficulty setting, earning me a trophy. I also tried out Banjo-Kazooie for the first time and fully completed the first world.

That about does it for now. And thanks once again @Ryannumber1gamerfor clarifying things. Always appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Lady Marie was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 40 points.

Weekly Check-In:

Not a whole lot to report this week. Mostly just progressed through more of Rebirth when I had free time. The story really feels like it’s rolling now, especially since Cait Sith just joined the party. The game is still so incredibly charming and there’s always new things about it that impress me. It also baffles me a lot of the time with all of the random things that suddenly happen, but it’s good to get a laugh every now and then between the tears. The attention to detail is spot on with the animation too. It’s just so pretty to look at. I’ve also been super invested in the different character dynamics and how they continue to develop. Like the way that you can see the progression from the first game to now with how Barret trusts and cares about Cloud. I’m excited to play more of it, mostly because I’m really having to work to avoid spoilers from my social media feeds, and I don’t want that to ruin the experience.

I also played a tiny bit of NecroDancer, though I didn’t get very far. New zone and new songs to learn. It’s still got some mad bops and it’s fun seeing the monsters dancing along too.

Will get back to BG3, Midnight Suns, and Fortnite at some point. I’ll probably focus more on Fortnite since I had to take a break from it and I wanna keep progressing through the BP as early as I can.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Cyb3rkn1ght was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Alright! This week has been a bust for me, but through the power of using games I've been working on for the longest time, I can check in!

Game 2: Super Mario Bros. Wonder

image.png.bc44fca6c02a7854e45160f807096420.png

(Please Don't mind my mother's username, it's a weird story...)

Ah yes: Wonder. I was SO happy when this game was Announced, not even mere words can express how joyous I jumped out of my chair that day. This is what Mario needed for the longest time: A Return-To-Form Game, with a new, fresh coat of paint. Sure, the gameplay can get stale from time-to-time, but that's only because of my predicament here: I never stopped to get Standees. every time I think about it, it mildly fustrates me that I went all that time, not knowing about the most simple thing In the GAME! but, not to worry, as I am halfway there.

image.png.78fb66918e9bf6ade55690091546ce70.png

As I heard a review on this game, the person who played the game to 100%, they said it's justifiable to play as nabbit or the yoshis to farm for Purple Coins, but I didn't. i used friends, and boredom to play through it. it's fine though, as I have the first medal for Completing the game, second for Getting all the big coins, third for getting the flagpoles, fourth for getting all the badges, and fifth for getting all the Wonder Seeds. and now, because of my horrible Financial Desisions, I missed out on getting the final one a lot faster. Speaking of badges...

image.png.03f2e3fbdad7439051ffeec848dedfd5.png

I absolutely LOVE these! I usually use some more than others, but that's just preference. The Badge Marathon was ABSOLUTE HELL to get through, and the only reason why I didn't die was because I used the online features. People can cover up for my mistakes, and I learned tricks along the way, most notably the Invisability Badge, where you need to spin, or pick something up to take note of where you were. All In All, this was a Tremendous game to play! Moving on...

Game 3: Paper Mario and The Thousand-Year Door

image.png.6ffd2789cf8b7e7e12eb95ed5ebc873a.png

I've ALWAYS Wanted to play this! Ever since I've heard of the game, I was in complete AWE when looking at reviews, playthroughs, and everything in between! now imagine my surprise when they shadowdrop it out of nowhere. Exciting, huh? I'm currently doing Sidequest in chapter 3, and luckily, I know exactly what I need to 100% this, and snag me a gold medal!

I need to get Every Tattle in the Tattle Log

image.png.839546dc4084b94bacb8afa2ecc107f3.png

Every Badge, including Partner Badges

image.png.1bcf3d4e7c391b4929ada886b8f6310e.png

And every Recipe in the Cookbook

image.png.96ba86ddc570867eeee0408ad156aa31.png

And, so far, I have Upgraded Goobella and Flurrie, but sadly not Koops for the importance of Getting through the game (Koops is one of my favorites, but not over Kooper, he's the GOAT.)

image.png.b99f9c57ba91b6d2c6c1077a6e085948.png

image.png.7271b3352a8074d0718d348b7b78fb1c.png

As for my own stats, I decided to focus on BP (Badge Power) And FP (Flower Points). Every now and then, I upgrade Health, but only because the enemies get tougher. Other than that, I use Zess. T's Gormet Meals! Onto the final game:

Game 4: Kirby and The Amazing Mirror

This game, is actually pretty hard :/

2024062323334000-51944F40F35BE3688F8FD0D8CFE910FD.thumb.jpg.2fb317cf6d3a591d7022ed4f701d1c50.jpg

I hadn't done much, but I've been focusing on completing each area, one by one. as you can see from this not-very-zoomed-out Map, I completed all the rooms, except those two in the bottom left. Maybe it has to do with another area, but only time will tell when ill figure it out. i love this game, not only for it's franchise, but the multiplayer is a fun addition! I hope I get one of the spray cans, so I can wear a new color. 

Well, that's all I have for you guys! thanks for your Patince, you can see the progress under closed curtains. It's a bummer that none of these are sonic-related, but oh well. Good night, and stay safe! Azzymint, Signing off!

Games Completed: 2/52

Games 100%'d: 1/52

In Progress: 3

Edited by Cyb3rkn1ght
  • Thumbs Up 1

Weekly Check-In:

So technically, I have two games that I have finished, being Mass Effect 1 and 2, but I am lacking the energy to get screenshots proving their completion, so I will do that tomorrow. I am also close to finishing Helldivers 2's base warbond. Once that is done, I will also report on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Fireluigi1225 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Shit hang on i almost forgot

100%: (Shotgun) Mario 64

Spoiler

image-27.thumb.png.cc7581ddfa229c6e333bfe854740a4c8.png

image-29.thumb.png.231dba2bd23c66a23c5c971191dc505f.png

I wouldn't call it transformitive enough to count differently, its basically just mario 64 with a new movement/attack tool and a more bearable camera. But that tool is a really damn fun one. Recommend checking out for at least until the first Bowser fight if nothing else.

Also to give everyone an idea of how out of touch I am: i didn't know how many games I've completed or that there was a racing event last month. I had a racing game ready to submit a week later too but I just...didn't. I'm not even mad i just find it funny.

Edited by Fireluigi1225
Added a small antidote
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Spin Attaxx was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

"I'll do a writeup of the game I beat yesterday later this week!"

>leaves it until the literal end of the week

GAME #16: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2  - 100% Complete

Like with Sonic 1, for this I played the 3D Classics version on the 3DS for convenience, but I'm not sure if there are any significant differences. Whenever I'm in the mood to play a classic Sonic game, this one's usually my go-to. It feels snappier than 1, I can blow through it in less than an hour, and I don't feel compelled to go for the Chaos Emeralds since there is no real "bad ending" - and arguably the ending's better and more meaningful if you don't.

Now, however, I've been backed into a corner and forced to identify the existence of the halfpipe.

Because I'm a busy guy who doesn't have time for AI to screw my efforts to get as many rings as possible, I went with Sonic alone for this. Even then, it's not what I'd call a good time. I never liked how the Mega Drive limitations on draw distance makes it harder to tell or predict what's coming up next, and how it frequently leads to missing out on a vital ring cluster or getting a faceful of bombs, and even the act of scrounging for rings and checkpoints was at times frustrating unless I made an effort to get the emeralds as soon as possible. But, well, I did.

20240617_091037.thumb.jpg.02a47d8e4c05476c482481f626e0dcb2.jpg

And for my efforts, I got to use Super Sonic legitimately in a playthrough, which I haven't bothered to do in years. And he's... eh. There's points where it seems he wasn't properly tested, and he makes certain areas in Metropolis Zone harder because of how high and far he jumps, but he's got a cool theme, at least. But since I've played this game so much, it's not like I even need him.

Sleep-deprived as I am writing this, I can't think of too much more to say. It's a classic Sonic game, probably one of the top 3. Blue hedgehog go brr. The Eggmobile always looked like Eggman stuck some stuff on to hide the damage you (probably) gave it at the end of Sonic 1. Mecha Sonic is a pretty cool guy. I wish Death Egg Zone was an actual level so people would hear more than just the first five seconds of its music. Merry birthmas, blue (or yellow) boy.

20240617_095112.thumb.jpg.827b0998c43c5d7b05a553f0d2dca94e.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

Games Completed: 3

Games Finished: 4

VzkJYpr.png

Fortnite again for now, (and don't worry, Sonic's got his own dues coming in for the challenge).

At this point, the Battle Pass is finished.

YIvJ68D.png

In regards to completion, I'm 3 quarters of the way there. In spite of some frustrations with Fortnite, I must admit that it does prove to be an interesting source of game content for this challenge in particular.

zKWYTaL.png

The new Reload mode, an interesting take on bringing back supposedly the best maps of older chapters, is a very good idea on paper. However, it can feel crushing with its difficulty, especially if you don't know the mechanics as well as the "sweats" who live and breath OG. And interesting mode, but it could use some tinkering still.

mcX8l6p.png

Festival Mode has gone full Metallica. Interestingly enough, they even have a cool new Metallica concert mode that's actually something of a mini adventure quest. Check for times when concerts are occurring and you'll see just how fun it can be.

Less so fun is the new Battle Mode installed into Festival. Try as it might, the game does not do the best of balancing out people based on instrument used and difficulty, which can lead to you feeling like you were robbed a certain victory.

8Wd2NAq.png

Oh yeah, and in addition to Metallica Quests there, Adidas has also thrown their hat into the ring with Fortnite's Rocket Racing mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Status update while I still think I have time.

I've mostly been playing Doom over the weekend, but I also tried to grind out Sonic 1 and Sonic Adventure. Assuming that the bonus challenge is running until next week, I'll rush out an SRB2 run or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowXeldron said:

Status update while I still think I have time.

I've mostly been playing Doom over the weekend, but I also tried to grind out Sonic 1 and Sonic Adventure. Assuming that the bonus challenge is running until next week, I'll rush out an SRB2 run or something.

PLEASE teach me how to do ERZ2, it's the last level, and it would be a BLESSING for me to get it done before this

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

PLEASE teach me how to do ERZ2, it's the last level, and it would be a BLESSING for me to get it done before this

If you really want I guess I could record my playthrough as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Sorry for the late announcement everyone, it's been pretty hectic. 

As said last week, the Sonic challenge is on for two weeks, so you still have until next Monday (July 1st) to get it done.

Now, for our new check-in prize:

Sonic_Rivals.jpg

Sonic Rivals is the new profile gift this week! Anyone that checked in on Monday is already marked down for this prize, so don't worry if you posted before this announcement. 

I could be wrong, but I don't expect to beat the game I'm working on this week. I feel like I'm still a ways off from beating the game. And I already did the Sonic challenge last week, so that's covered. So I figure I might as well do the check-in now.

The list so it doesn't get buried.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:19 AM, Agie said:

1. Super Mario RPG Remake

2. Kaze and the Wild Masks

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (100%)

4. Mega Man 1

5. Mega Man 2

6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game

7. Twinkle Star Sprites

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (100%)

9. Sunset Riders

10. Mega Man 3

11. Mega Man 4 (sequel wars version)

12. Terminator Salvation (arcade)

13. Roll-Chan 5 (hack of Mega Man 5)

14. Kiki KaiKai

15. Roll-Chan 6 (hack of Mega Man 6)

16. Beeny

17. Roll-Chan World (hack of Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge)

18. Roll-Chan: Mini World (hack of Game Gear Mega Man)

19. Duke Nukem 1

20. Roll-Chan World 2 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man II)

21. Earthworm Jim

22. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 1

23. Duke Nukem II

24. Roll-Chan World 3 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man III)

25. The New Zealand Story

26. Sonic the Hedgehog CD

27. Roll-Chan World 4 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man IV)

28. Momodora

29. Roll-Chan World 5 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man V)

30. Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Wily Tower)

31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers

32. Mega Man: Powered Up

33. Mega Man 7 Restoration + Refit (100%)

34. Mega Man: The Power Battle

35. Duke Nukem 3D: Total Meltdown

36. The Simpsons Arcade (Konami)

37. Jurassic Park Arcade (Raw Thrills)

38. Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

39. Mega Man 8

40. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

41. Mega Man & Bass

42. Mega Man & Bass: Challenger of the Future (100%)

43. Earthworm Jim 2 (100%)

44. Mega Man: Battle & Chase

45. Liquid Kids (100%)

46. Mega Man 9 (100%)

47. Batman (Raw Thrills) (100%)

48. Halo: Fireteam Raven (100%)

49. Hi-Fi Rush

50. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants

51. Mega Man 10 (100%)

52. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Jam version) (100%)

53. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (100%)

54. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

55. Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Remake) (100%)

56. Sonic Drift (100%)

57. Mega Man 11

58. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Origins version) (100%)

Honorable Mentions:
Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade)

Bomber Panel Panic

Big Challenge:
Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Knuckles Challenge:
Sonic 3D in 2D

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to [EVENT] The Sonic Stadium 52 Game Challenge 2024! - New Prizes every week! Current Prize: Sonic Rivals profile gift AND Sonic's Birthday Bash challenge for additional prizes!

Game #32 - Persona 3 Reload (PC) [Finished] 

6_23_20249_29_45PM.thumb.png.b6a17601dc2ae65a24583a9d1cfedf81.png6_23_20249_39_34PM.thumb.png.a1cedcd56b2a1a4604df786dfbd67755.png

My experience with Persona 3 over the years has been a little odd. I was exposed to its cast via Persona Q of all things (also my first Persona title in general) as well as seeing their appearances in the Arena games. Never played the original game (or FES), briefly played Portable on my PSP for a bit before it died for good, and lastly saw a bit of the movies. So for all intents and purposes, this was my first real experience with Persona 3. I absolutely loved it. I think it has my favorite story out of the modern trilogy, it has some of the best character development for its main cast, and its themes of death and the meaning of life resonated with me the most compared to 4 and 5. The new voice actors gave an amazing performance and I think they live up to the originals. Also my main team consisted of Yukari,Junpei, and Aigis. Yukari was the dedicated healbot and Junpei and Aigis brought crits for days.

In terms of completion, I finished the main game, and did almost all of Elizabeth’s requests aside from the fight against her, which I didn’t feel ready to do due to the lack of Orpheus Telos. On that end, I didn’t get to finish every Social Link in my first play through, and need to finish Fuuka, Chihiro, and Keisuke’s at some point. The Persona Compendium itself is at 96% prolly due to the lack of the ultimate personas from those missing social link arcanas as well as not having access to Orpheus Telos. Well, I suppose that’s got the NG+ grind. Pretty much everyone’s at Lv 99 so it can’t be that hard. 

Game #33 - (Another) Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic 1 (Genesis - Rom Hack) [Completed]

Bonus Challenge: Sonic's Birthday Bash

SHCcontest201922-_Another_ShadowtheHedgehoginSonic1(ByAsuharaMoon)-240624-125349.thumb.png.9f55884f6c41341601613526d44ae561.pngSHCcontest201922-_Another_ShadowtheHedgehoginSonic1(ByAsuharaMoon)-240624-164803.thumb.png.047084c24f5e01fd5b499d7111b2954b.png

The current bonus challenge is about Sonic's birthday, no? So it would be appropriate to tackle the first game in the franchise... but it's also the year of Shadow, so how about a ROM hack that will allow us to honor both? As the name implies, this is a ROM hack of the original game that now allows us to play as everyone's favorite edgehog. He's got the Spin Dash, the Drop Dash, Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, and even Super Shadow. Over the years, I will admit that my opinion of Sonic 1 has soured a bit (a sentiment I especially had during my Origins story mode run last year). From the spike "glitch" to the entirety of Labyrinth Zone and Scrap Brain Zone (especially the latter), I have a few hang-ups about the game. But at the same time I can't say that I dislike Sonic 1 either, it's still a fun time, and the zones where it shines it really does. I still have a lot of good memories with the game, I just don't think it compares to the rest of the classic trilogy (or even CD for that matter). Also ISTG, I really hope Sega calms down with the reuse of Green Hill in the future.

Total Completion List:

Spoiler
  1. Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 1 - Finished
  2. Pokemon Violet - Finished
  3. Mega Man - Completed
  4. Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Asche - Completed
  5. Dragon Ball Z V.R.V.S. - Completed
  6. Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 - Finished
  7. Mega Man: The Power Battles - Completed
  8. Sonic the Fighters - Completed 
  9. Street Fighter X Mega Man - Completed 
  10. Smash Remix - Completed 
  11. Sonic Colors Ultimate - Finished 
  12. Street Fighter Alpha - Completed 
  13. Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Completed 
  14. Sonic Superstars - Finished
  15. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes - Completed 
  16. Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes - Completed
  17. Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter - Completed 
  18. X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Completed 
  19. Marvel Super Heroes - Completed 
  20. Sonic Drift - Completed
  21. The Punisher - Completed
  22. Mega Man 2 (Wily Wars) - Completed
  23. Mega Man 3 (Wily Wars) - Completed
  24. Bakugan Battle Brawlers - Finished
  25. Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Wily Tower - Completed 
  26. Tower of Heaven - Completed 
  27. Sonic the Fighters Blitz - Completed 
  28. X-Men: Children of the Atom - Completed
  29. Mega Man: The Sequel Wars - Episode Red - Completed
  30. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters - Completed
  31. Space Harrier - Completed
  32. Persona 3 Reload - Finished
  33. (Another) Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic 1 - Completed 

Bonus Challenge - Big the Cat April Fool’s Takeover: Sonic Adventure 

Bonus Challenge - Knuckles Week: Sonic the Fighters 

Bonus Challenge - Racing Challenge: Sonic Drift

Bonus Challenge - Sonic’s Birthday Bash: (Another) Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic 1

Games Finished: 33

Games Completed:  26

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Anyone that checked in on Monday is already marked down for this prize, so don't worry if you posted before this announcement. 

Does this mean I have missed last week's reward? I was under the assumption that the deadline was Monday and I posted my reply at the best opportunity I had.

Game no 31 100%ed - Horizon Forbidden West (Finally!!) Platinumed the game, and completed all side quests, errands, jobs, gauntlets etc. 

Game number 32 Completed / game No 32 100%ed - Sonic Lost World on the 3DS.

I enjoyed the 3DS version of this game - its bright colours, semi classic badniks, fun level design and once mastered, the Parkour mechanics. Its a worthy effort and the first fully 3d Sonic game for the console. Its not without some negatives mind. Some of the levels are a bit "meh" and generic, the story is a bit "meh" and a tad too childish,and the special stages while offering a nice gimmick are a bit too fiddly with the gyroscope mechanics to move about them. But overall, a fun experience.

Check in is with HORIZON, but the Burning Shores DLC...so far I have done 3 of the main missions and a side quest involving a character from Zero Dawn trapped undergroud. I have also collected a relic and 2 dino toy collactables. So far its a nice add on and development of the story and the evironment of a sunken LA and travelling by skiff is pretty cool. I'm really enjoying it!

20240622_081305.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

Photo6.jpg

Edited by castell-neath

5 hours ago, ShadowXeldron said:

Does this mean I have missed last week's reward? I was under the assumption that the deadline was Monday and I posted my reply at the best opportunity I had.

No, you're down for last week's reward. Monday has a grace period up to 9pm BST/4pm EST to get the previous week's reward but still be counted for the current week's too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna do my check-in and double up with my Sonic challenge! Decided to give Sonic 2 another go. Still a timeless classic.

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8947.jpeg

Still feels good to nab all the Chaos Emeralds before the end of Emerald Hill Zone. :)

That takes my list of Beaten games to 17 and 100%'d games to 14.

WEEK 23: FAILIN'S POSTGAME

Another Sonic 2 submission? Boy do I look original!

GAME 69: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (PC) 100% COMPLETE

Sonic 2 has the prestige title of "funny number". Nice.

GAMES FINISHED: 69

GAMES COMPLETED: 61

#40/52 - Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube)

Unlocked all characters and beat all single player modes at least once. Didn't unlock all stages though. Total amount of trophies collected is 120. Unlocking stuff in this game is just really tedious in general, plus Melee honestly isn't my favorite Smash game due to how fast and technical it plays. It was pretty fun to revisit it, but I'm ready to move on for the time being.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 011820.png

grafik.thumb.png.06eaf152bf07668f345c67a2e2672780.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5911-kingdom-hearts/SoNiC_FReaK24?lang=en-gb

it is finally done. it only took me about 7 years and 3 months to finally finish this, this marks game #6 completed and the whole Kingdom Hearts trilogy on platinum. :D

I love this series. Maybe I'll tackle a spinoff next, I have never played those.

Doing a Sonic 2 run sometime this week for the challenge, will post an update then.

Game #34 - Sonic Rush (Nintendo DS) [Completed]

IMG_2937.thumb.jpg.1ebaa9e167f2cf691bf7c44d70d8332a.jpgIMG_2938.thumb.jpg.c475a8f8efc3ac78875701dff72e1b0b.jpgIMG_2941.thumb.jpg.455f6ce9642a59ce0f9a0da8bf13ca46.jpgIMG_2942.thumb.jpg.eed419d7e4408eafa77de3ed17c38812.jpg

Here we are folks, my favorite Sonic game. Well I mean it's kinda tied with Generations and Sonic 2, the three tend to rotate spots among my top 3. Its gameplay really speaks to me, whenever I play it, I feel like I'm in this flow state that I just don't get from any other game in the series. The trick system also tickles a part of my brain in a way that I can't explain. I know some people say that the voice clips and the and the celebratory sound effects can get grating but I feel like they add to the experience in my case. The OST is also top notch, and composed by the funny JSR man himself, Hideki Naganuma. My favorites tracks in particular are Back 2 Back, Jeh Jeh Rocket, and Get Edgy. Altitude Limit itself is one of my favorite zones in the series, and why I love sky levels so much. Also here's the game that introduced Blaze, one of my favorite characters in the franchise. Anyways, fully completed the game, getting Chaos Emeralds for Sonic and completing the Extra Zone.

Total Completion List

Spoiler
  1. Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 1 - Finished

2. Pokemon Violet - Finished

3. Mega Man - Completed

4. Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Asche - Completed

5. Dragon Ball Z V.R.V.S. - Completed

6. Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 - Finished

7. Mega Man: The Power Battles - Completed

8. Sonic the Fighters - Completed

9. Street Fighter X Mega Man - Completed

10. Smash Remix - Completed

11. Sonic Colors Ultimate - Finished

12. Street Fighter Alpha - Completed

13. Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Completed

14. Sonic Superstars - Finished

15. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes - Completed

16. Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes - Completed

17. Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter - Completed

18. X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Completed

19. Marvel Super Heroes - Completed

20. Sonic Drift - Completed

21. The Punisher - Completed

22. Mega Man 2 (Wily Wars) - Completed

23. Mega Man 3 (Wily Wars) - Completed

24. Bakugan Battle Brawlers - Finished

25. Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Wily Tower - Completed

26. Tower of Heaven - Completed

27. Sonic the Fighters Blitz - Completed

28. X-Men: Children of the Atom - Completed

29. Mega Man: The Sequel Wars - Episode Red - Completed

30. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters - Completed

31. Space Harrier - Completed

32. Persona 3 Reload - Finished

33. (Another) Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic 1 - Completed

34. Sonic Rush - Completed 

Bonus Challenge - Big the Cat April Fool’s Takeover: Sonic Adventure 

Bonus Challenge - Knuckles Week: Sonic the Fighters 

Bonus Challenge - Racing Challenge: Sonic Drift

Bonus Challenge - Sonic’s Birthday Bash: (Another) Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic 1

Games Finished: 34

Games Completed: 27

• Thumbs Up 1

Lego City Undercover  https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6005-lego-city-undercover/Rabid-Coot

Well the plan was for Lego to be the new Assassins Creed, a decent series thats abundant on PS+ thats worth playing an entry every few months but thats going to be somewhat reconsidered after the boring open  world collectathon side of this one.

Game does a good job of proving my long held belief that the GTA style of open world gameplay would make for a decent kids game but I do feel that activities like taxi, ambulance and firefigher would have been a good fit too.

Finished: 38 Completed: 37

Game 19 (100%): Picontier (Switch) - At long last, it's over.  After playing at a rate of one in-game day per real-life day almost every day for the past six months, I have finally 100% completed Picontier, with a final time just short of eighty hours.  What is there to say about this game that I haven't already said?  It's a cute top-down pixel RPG with a well-drawn world and "slow life" elements, like farming and relationship-building, but also a colourful science-fantasy adventure on a small island.  Apparently, if you only want to complete the main story, it's pretty short.  But if you're going for 100% and all achievements, like I had, then it actually goes quite deep; between recipes, affection levels, monster drops, seed shrines, and all manner of other subsystems, there is a ton to do.  And I'm really glad I did, this has been a great adventure, as I expected it would be as a fan of the main developer, Skipmore.  I've now played all of his works available on Switch (some of which I had previously played on 3DS), so bring on Fairune: Fragment Isles!

Inside the spoiler tag are screenshots of me defeating the final boss, the ending screen, my 100% achievement list, and my final save file stats.  Note that I also completed various other activities, including filling out all characters' likes and dislikes, all monster drops, gold hearts for all animals, and maxing out the seed shrines and the fishing shack, but these don't count towards formal completion and aren't shown here.

Spoiler

8G27rVw.jpg

3IjZMNy.jpg

2mpOtOm.jpg

mBQ2cqg.jpg

Looks like I'll need a new play-per-day game, then!  I'd been expecting it to be the Paradox Pack update to Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon, but somehow that's still only coming soon.  Fortunately I picked up something a while back that I'm hoping will fill the gap.

Edited by Salamander
  • Thumbs Up 1

Game 21 Finished - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Interesting game. It's sort of a prequel to the original Final Fantasy, sometimes loosely, whilst at the same time paying homage to the history of the franchise.

I love the absolute tone shift at the ending credits, as well. Very, very weird.

EDIT: Now COMPLETED, thanks to a mixture of achievement guides and advice from Twitter and Reddit.

Screenshot_20240627-171730.png

Screenshot_20240628-014156.png

Edited by Gavvie
Stranger of Paradise now 100% Completed