Awoo.

[EVENT] The Sonic Stadium 52 Game Challenge 2024! - New Prizes every week! Current Prize: Sonic and the Secret Rings profile gift AND Sonic's Birthday Bash challenge for additional prizes!

Ryannumber1gamer

Posted (edited)

No progress to report this week, though I have been experimenting to get Sonic Speed Simulator running on my ROG Ally, with... mixed results. Probably gonna wait until I'm back home before trying that one again.

Edited by NegaMix

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

TheKarmaCollector1994 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Games Finished/Completed List:

1. PowerWash Simulator (XBOX One) - Finished 25/02/24
  2. Unpacking (XBOX One) - Finished 07/03/24 - 100% Complete (All Achievements Unlocked)
  3. Tecmo Bowl (NES (Switch Online)) - Finished 09/03/24 - 100% Complete
  4. Sonic the Fighters (XBOX 360) - Finished 10/03/24 - 100% Complete (All Achievements Unlocked)
  5. Super Mario Bros. (Super Mario All-Stars Version) (SNES (Switch Online)) - Finished 21/03/24 - 100% Complete (Star Worlds Included)
  6. Donut County (XBOX One) - Finished 24/03/24 - 100% Completed (All Achievements Unlocked)
  7. Open Roads (XBOX One) - Finished 31/03/24 - 100% Completed (All Achievements Unlocked)
  8. Kirby’s Dream Land (Game Boy (Switch Online)) - Finished 13/04/24 - 100% Completed (Bonus Game Completed)
  9. Sonic Spinball (SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis (Switch Online)) - Finished 14/04/24 - 100% Completed
  10. Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario All-Stars Version) (SNES (Switch Online)) - Finished 28/04/24 - 100% Completed
  11. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Game Boy (Switch Online)) - Finished 30/04/24 - 100% Complete (Bonus Levels Unlocked and Completed)

Hey Guys!

Time once again to update my progress with the challenge. After making little to no progress last week, I’m pleased to report that I have made substantial progress in quite a few titles that I have been working through. This included a play through of some of the LEGO games that I had planned to start on, and I have made a start on Amy’s story in SA1, whilst also continuing my emblem hunts with Sonic, Knuckles, and Big the Cat. Yes, I knew somehow I was going to get back to reeling in fish at some point. Additionally, I have finally got round to starting off on that point-and-click adventure game that I mentioned quite a few times before, but with more confidence with knowing what the hell I’m supposed to be doing.

On top of that, I’ve also managed to add a couple more games onto the completion list, so let’s check them out!

Game 12: Super Mario Land (Game Boy (Switch Online)) - Finished 18/05/24 - 100% Completed

IMG_8698.thumb.jpeg.1c098f387d98b75f146c85733b914d18.jpeg

Well well well… what do we have here, then?

No sooner than a couple of weeks after mentioning that it was a crime that Nintendo hadn’t put the original Super Mario Land on Switch Online as of yet when I had already completed the sequel, guess what got added to the service?! All the more of an excuse to play through it and beat an all time classic from my childhood.

Whilst the game is comprised mainly of the standard Mario platforming fare, and is relatively short with only four worlds to complete, it still manages to be an entertaining experience for the player. Whilst you aren’t trying to rescue Peach this time, as she’s replaced by Daisy, the Princess of Sarasaland, you’re still expected to stomp on top of enemies, (or throw fireballs at them like I was doing regularly throughout my play through), reach the goal in enough time and beat the bosses at the end of each world. In all honesty, I actually found that there were hardly any frustrating moments in the whole game, except for a part near the end of World 4-2 where you had to mash the jump button to hop over very small block platforms, otherwise you fall through and lose a life. Grrr….

On top of that, I thought it was a bit unusual to have Worlds 2 and 4 include stages where the platforming is swapped out for a shoot-em-up style scroller, but it was quite a fun experience to see Mario in a submarine and piloting an airplane, shooting at enemies to increase the score. I think these particular stages did catch me off guard, but it didn’t detract from the overall gameplay at all in my mind. This is still one of my first experiences with video games that I have cherished since my younger years, and I am so glad to not only have enjoyed but completed one of the first games that I ever had the opportunity to play. Sometimes the best pleasures in life come from the short but fulfilling ones.

IMG_8700.thumb.jpeg.c5b71f403e7dfe3ec0272389f67513bf.jpegIMG_8701.thumb.jpeg.d57ba96b35491a6671311c8d86a081ad.jpeg

Game 13: WarioWare Inc. - Mega MicroGames (Game Boy Advance (Switch Online)) - Finished 18/05/24 - 100% Completed (All Games Played Through)

IMG_8702.thumb.jpeg.ece4bd432a50c9ff14f20dd1a83cbc8d.jpeg

IMG_8703.thumb.jpeg.77879248c2fdbf1d12001fb745fd5a7c.jpeg

And speaking of short but fulfilling pleasures, I just had to give myself an opportunity to play through a real gem for the GBA through the Switch Online service. Whilst I never played through the original WarioWare title back in the day, I remember seeing all of the hype and the excitement surrounding this title in particular, and getting the chance to play it at a old friend’s house led to me getting to enjoy the various microgames and the wacky and sometimes surreal themes that they incorporated (puns NOT entirely intended). However, it was only during this recent play through of the original through my Nintendo Switch that I came to the realisation that I was having too much fun with completing all of the micro games and trying to beat my high scores on each of the sets that became available as I unlocked them.

To clarify, I have played through each of the microgames that could be unlocked in this game at least once, and have also played each variation of the games that relate to each difficulty level and with the increasing speed that comes at regular intervals. This was also after I completed the main “story mode”, even though technically it only required me to play through each of the standard sets with the various WarioWare cast members, so I do believe that this counts as a 100% completion.

If you have never played a single WarioWare title before, then make sure you definitely give the original at least a try. But be warned, the microgames are extremely addictive, and once you start getting into the groove of completing more and more levels, you might not want to stop…

IMG_8704.thumb.jpeg.1f901c32e2883885a633cb5f4242d3b8.jpeg

IMG_8705.thumb.jpeg.76a192be380319ff85cec26da5ef1585.jpeg

Well, that’s it for this week’s update. See you all in the next one!

Games Finished: 13

Games 100% Completed: 12

• Thumbs Up 2

Ryannumber1gamer

Emperor Robrainiac was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

WEEKLY CHECK-IN: HI-FI RUSH (In Progress.)

20240517_215103.thumb.jpg.3b298d1f73ea8b1c86fbd6837c0ae8bf.jpg

Didn't get a lot of time to play many games this week. But I was able to get started on this gem of a game! 

This is Hi-Fi Rush, a game that's both hack and slash and a rhythm game. I dont often play very many rhythm games, so I wasn't sure how I'd fare with that element of the game. However, I do love me a bit of hack and slashes. So does this combination work well?

Heck yes! So while it's possible to simply button mash your way through the game, the key to the combat is to attack the enemies to the beat of the music. If timed right, the damage will be increased, and your score increases. The final score of your battle is determined by a grading system, D being the lowest and S being the highest.

I admit, I kind of suck at timing my attacks to the beat, but man, are they ever satisfying when they hit just right! 

So far, the combat is a blast, the characters are fun and the art direction is stylish and colorful. I'll definitely post my thoughts on the story more next time I post, but I'm really looking forward to continuing this fun game!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Lady Marie was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Weekly Check-In:

Nothing to report in terms of completion this week, but I've been making some solid progress. Up to level 185 in the current Fortnite BP, plus I got all the extra mission rewards, so I should definitely be able to complete it by next week. 

I've been playing more of Baldur's Gate 3 this week after the spark of inspiration I got from my play session with my sister last week. Thanks to that, I feel like I've been able to hit a groove in this game for the first time. Been progressing more through some of the side stories for the companions and leveling up enough to carry on with the main storyline. I'm living for the variety of different choices you can make, especially with the dialogue, and the amount of sass the narrator will give you based on what you do. I've also learned to search more thoroughly than I was previously so I can pick up more items that will help me later on and discover areas that are pretty well hidden unless you know to look for them. Since the overwhelming nature of the game has worn off, I'm having more fun with just exploring the environments and seeing what all I can do. And I'm getting smarter about taking short and long rests so my characters aren't constantly going into battle with low HP (whoops).

Aside from that, I've been sparingly playing Crypt of the NecroDancer too, and I'll get back to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Midnight Suns soon. I'll just ride the wave of whatever game inspires me the most. This challenge is definitely keeping me motivated to not forget about any of them, so they won't stay abandoned for long. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Failinhearts was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

WEEK 18: FAILIN'S POSTGAME

Enjoy my post-Truxton hangover as I play Gradius. That's the post, that's the game.

GAMES FINISHED: 64

GAMES COMPLETED: 58

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
Ryannumber1gamer

Winston was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

I managed to get two games done this week, both sequels to a game that I put in last week! 

GAME #27 - Crash Bandicoot 2 - Finished

spacer.png
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back is actually the first Crash game that I ever played… and the first video game that I ever played in general. It’s a game that means a lot to me, and a game that gave me my love for platformers. I remember my mother and I would play this game all the time together when I was like 4, and would take turns. It was a lot of fun.

Now this is the N. Sane Trilogy version, and while the graphics are pretty good here, I do think the physics and control in this game is a bit weird compared to the original. Some jumps that were easily made with just a press of the X button are now required to use the slide jump. It’s a bit odd, but I imagine it’s because they had to make three games in the same engine and they mainly focused on fixing up Crash 1. It’s nothing terrible, and probably won’t bother most new players, but as someone who has played Crash 2 very many times, it is a little strange.

The remixes are all pretty good here though, even if I still wish there was a retro music option. I do think Crash 2 is still my favorite Crash game, it’s very consistent and I like how Crash just has a pretty fleshed out moveset for the entire game with no power-ups. I typically don’t enjoy upgrades that much in games if it requires backtracking and stuff, but this game doesn’t really have that since Crash has the same moveset throughout. This is the first Crash with the belly flop and slide, with them becoming mainstays in the platformers since.

There is one area where Crash 2 falters pretty badly though… the bosses. Most of them are so easy and forgettable, or others are very very bad. Ripper Roo is a good one I think, but once you get the pattern down, it’s not really much of a challenge anymore. The worst are definitely N. Gin and Cortex though. N. Gin because it’s a weird one where you throw fruit for some reason and it takes forever, and thing once sends you back to the very beginning. The Cortex one hardly even qualifies as a boss fight, as you just chase him down and spin into him without any risk of death. Only if you fail to hit him three times before he reaches the end does it make you lose a life. There’s no other final boss either, even if you do everything, the boss stays the same, just the ending is different. A pretty disappointing finale for such a great game.

With all that said though, Crash 2 is a game I still highly recommend. It’s very well balanced, and while completion can be annoying with the backtracking in some levels (a game where you have no control of the camera, mind you) and the bosses mostly being mediocre, Crash 2 is well worth a play for anyone. Just get ready for a little bit of a challenge.

GAME #28 - Crash Bandicoot: WARPED! - Finished

spacer.png
Yeah, I just figured to finish out all the remakes. I did CTR first, then Crash 1 and 2. Now here’s 3! I do like this game quite a bit, but I do think it’s a bit flawed in its execution but it does excel greatly in others even above the second game.

I have the same issues as I do with Crash 2 in some regards in regards to the remake version, with the slide jump being required in some spots it wasn’t in the original. The double jump definitely does negate some of that though. I also do like how you can instantly retry when you fail a bike level in this game, whereas in the original you’d be booted back out and you’d have to go back in again. Nice quality of life improvement.

Now as for the game itself, I’m not really a fan of the time trial relics being required. I’m sure some find them fun, but I don’t really like doing time trials. It’s a fun optional addition, but nothing I really want to be forced to do. The NST version of these games actually adds time trials to every game, but with Crash 1/2, it’s only required for trophies and you only need gold or better. It doesn’t restrict any other completion progress otherwise. 3 though requires it, which isn’t exactly my favorite thing in the world. Might be a hot take, I’m not sure, but I’d rather time trials just be optional and not for completion. 

Another thing I’m very mixed on in this game is the power-ups. I’m not really the biggest fan of the double jump in this game, and I only really think later games got it right. Namely Twinsanity and Crash 4 with good double jumps. I feel like this game, the momentum of your first jump is very weirdly halted with a second one. It kinda catches me off guard sometimes. It’s not bad, but just weird.

There’s also power ups that just feel like they were just coming up with anything since they needed five power ups for five hubs. The double jump is a good one even if I don’t like it in execution, but then there’s like the super belly flop which only makes the radius bigger on a flop, and the Wumpa Bazooka which makes you aim a strange reticle in place and shoot it to blow up stuff. It’s extremely situational, and doesn’t really help at all with most things outside of completion. I’m also not the biggest fan of the tornado spin, since it makes spinning a little weird once you get it, at least in my opinion. I greatly prefer how Twinsanity and 4 went about it and pretty much cut everything besides the double jump. 

Now here’s what the game does get right, the bosses. The bosses are easily the best in the entire series. I wouldn’t say they’re all great, but at the very least I’d say they’re all good and none of them are like god awful. The final boss here is easily the best in the entire series up to this point. The worst is probably N. Gin’s since it’s another one that can go a bit slow, but it at least feels far more satisfying than the one from 2.

I also think this game has some of the best music in the entire series, and I can definitely see why the Warped theme became known as the series theme as a whole there for a long time. It’s extremely good and just instantly sends Crash Bandicoot to my mind. It’s definitely the games strongest attribute in my opinion.

Another big weakness to me is the vehicle stages and gimmick stages. They’re not bad, just kinda mediocre, and can be frustrating at points. I’m not the biggest fan of the water levels, airplane levels or the jetski levels, but the bike ones are fine enough. Especially with the improvements they made in the remake like I said earlier. I think this is the games biggest flaw personally, and probably one most can agree on. 

Crash Warped, or Crash 3, is still a very well put together game. Is it the best one? No, I did say 2 was my favorite earlier anyway but still lol. Crash 3 is pretty good, and it’ll always be a game I revisit every now and again. Not as often as 2, but it’s hard to go wrong with these games in any way. I think the original 2 and 3 are also just as good ways to play, but I do think NST 1 is the definitive way to play the original. This is a good collection, and for as cheap as it goes for now, definitely worth picking up for those still curious about the original Crash’s or wanting to relive the experience with new visuals.

There we go, that’s my update for the week. Got two games done, which wasn’t as much as last week, but this was a very busy week for me so I’m glad that I managed to get two platformers done. They’re ones I’ve played a million times, which definitely makes it easier. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

okay so i might have forgotten to complete a game this week
whoops

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, WorksOfMagic said:

Here's a completion post report that's been long overdue, and one about a touchy subject for a while. Here's Sonic Origins (Plus), or to be precise, the main remakes surrounding it.

As we all know, Sonic Origins was originally released as a collection of remakes of the classic trilogy + CD. Sonic 1, 2 & CD are based on their 2011 and 2013 mobile remakes by Taxman and Stealth, powered by the former's Retro Engine while a new remake project for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, this time handled by Stealth's team Headcannon is included, powered by both the Retro and PathTracer Engines. In theory, these would've made for the best versions of these games, but as you'll see soon enough, some compromises were made. Anyways, without further ado, here's each game's review/completion report - and I'd like to take a minute to mention that I decided to beat it with every single playable character, for the sake of completion.

Hey, there! While I really appreciate the enthusiasm for your writeup, we cannot allow you to pass these games off as additional entries for the 52 Game Challenge. As per our rules, a port has to be like, a completely different game gameplay wise to count as a separate entry. Since Sonic Origins is ultimately the same games, ones you already beat previously, we can't allow you to claim doubles on this title. Sorry!

But this can still count as your check in!

But your accurate count for completed games remain at 21.

• Thumbs Up 2

No new progress to report. Feeling an emotional slump for some reason, so I'm trying to get out of that before I can do anything more than lay in bed for extended periods of time.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I was nearly done with a 100% Kirby's Adventure playthrough tonight, but I don't think I'll have the time to finish it and do a full write-up atm, so that'll likely come later on today or tomorrow. That's my update.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
Ryannumber1gamer

KingSonicFan134 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

Game Number 28/52: Mega Man 9 (100% Complete)

A bit on the lower end in terms of gameplay for the Mega Man series, but still an excellent time for sure. The soundtrack especially stood out to me personally.

Game Rating: 4 Out Of 5:

7478s.jpg.7ab0c00c4a0a1a6a55329a66b0bc521b.jpg

Game Number 29/52: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Finished)

Similar to Mega Man 9, a bit lower end in terms of gameplay, but having played this game as a Color Wheel Iron Man, it really elevated the experience for me in a multitude of ways. Plus, it's Fire Emblem, so I'll enjoy it be default.

Game Rating: 4 Out Of 5:

IMG_2979.jpeg.1a1dc11c62b4431d8d14b3a28aa14c4d.jpeg

Games Finished: 16

Games Completed: 13

Edited by KingSonicFan134
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is finally it:

TZf9zUp.png

dESnMSe.png

That's right, I've finally completed a game for this challenge. This is actually technically the second game I've completed for the challenge, but the write-up for the first one is still pending.

So, nonetheless, Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 2 is my first conquest to be recorded here. And what an uphill battle it was!

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Hey, there! While I really appreciate the enthusiasm for your writeup, we cannot allow you to pass these games off as additional entries for the 52 Game Challenge. As per our rules, a port has to be like, a completely different game gameplay wise to count as a separate entry. Since Sonic Origins is ultimately the same games, ones you already beat previously, we can't allow you to claim doubles on this title. Sorry!

But this can still count as your check in!

But your accurate count for completed games remain at 21.

Yeah... Looking back... I probably let my speedrunner nature's bias overtake me in some aspects. Their completely different physics and mechanics (especially noticeable with CD & 3K), new additions, added widescreen etc...  convinced me they'd be worthwhile enough to run through fully, considering how big of a game changer the differences felt to me, the same way the disastrous GBA port for Sonic 1 was to me in terms of differences. I understand a casual player may not notice such differences, but I thought enough differences were adding up to the overall package to warrant a separate completion post. I know this won't change in any way your decision, and I respect that. In fact, your reply has made me reconsider bothering to complete the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and its N. Sane Trilogy remakes. The remakes stand in the same category as the Taxman & Stealth Classic Sonic ones, as they fit all criterias as them - that is, quality of life improvements across all games to make them age better, widescreen support, plenty of drawbacks from their original incarnations, new playable characters etc... The only thing these remakes don't have in common really is in the graphics. Where the Sonic remakes keep the graphics the same or restore some unused graphics, the Crash N. Sane remakes go for a revamped art style, opting for a more realistic one. Therefore, I doubt these would count either as separate games, and wouldn't be worth the coverage if you agreed on that fact.

Edited by WorksOfMagic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Dreadknux was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Currently cheating by doing last week's check-in today hehe... but I beat Super Mario Land last week since it was added to Nintendo Switch Online recently.

IMG_8536.jpeg
IMG_8537.jpeg

I always had trouble with this game as a kid. The tiny Mario sprites and the slightly fudgy controls (compared to SML2) coupled with the epic blurriness that came with playing on a friend's GB dot matrix screen in the early 1990s meant it was difficult to see threats or get around them.

Luckily, emulation has eliminated a big part of that screen blur issue these days (and the fact I'm just older now) and I was able to beat this in about 45 minutes? LOL. Still a great game though.

I think this counts as a 100% "Completion" as there isn't really anything to do but beat the game here.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, WorksOfMagic said:

Yeah... Looking back... I probably let my speedrunner nature's bias overtake me in some aspects. Their completely different physics and mechanics (especially noticeable with CD & 3K), new additions, added widescreen etc...  convinced me they'd be worthwhile enough to run through fully, considering how big of a game changer the differences felt to me, the same way the disastrous GBA port for Sonic 1 was to me in terms of differences. I understand a casual player may not notice such differences, but I thought enough differences were adding up to the overall package to warrant a separate completion post. I know this won't change in any way your decision, and I respect that. In fact, your reply has made me reconsider bothering to complete the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and its N. Sane Trilogy remakes. The remakes stand in the same category as the Taxman & Stealth Classic Sonic ones, as they fit all criterias as them - that is, quality of life improvements across all games to make them age better, widescreen support, plenty of drawbacks from their original incarnations, new playable characters etc... The only thing these remakes don't have in common really is in the graphics. Where the Sonic remakes keep the graphics the same or restore some unused graphics, the Crash N. Sane remakes go for a revamped art style, opting for a more realistic one. Therefore, I doubt these would count either as separate games, and wouldn't be worth the coverage if you agreed on that fact.

Correct, N. Sane Trilogy won't count. Same mechanics, same level design. Just prettier and maybe some tweaked physics. Choose one or the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what if anything would completing or 100%ing  a compilation count as?

Like https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/60-sonics-ultimate-genesis-collection and https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7682-sega-mega-drive-genesis-classics being an assortment of mostly small things to do in a selection of games or even Origins having a bunch of other stuff to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

Correct, N. Sane Trilogy won't count. Same mechanics, same level design. Just prettier and maybe some tweaked physics. Choose one or the other.

Would SM64 DS count as a separate entry though? Considering it's a game that adds so much new content to the campaign, tweaks so much already existing content from the original, to the point of making it a completely different experience to its older N64 brother - hence why people have called it a reimagining instead of a remake, would it fit the criteria?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, WorksOfMagic said:

Would SM64 DS count as a separate entry though? Considering it's a game that adds so much new content to the campaign, tweaks so much already existing content from the original, to the point of making it a completely different experience to its older N64 brother - hence why people have called it a reimagining instead of a remake, would it fit the criteria?

Mario 64 DS counts as it's own entry since it adds a heap of content that changes things.

We do these on a case by case basis.

8 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

So what if anything would completing or 100%ing  a compilation count as?

Like https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/60-sonics-ultimate-genesis-collection and https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7682-sega-mega-drive-genesis-classics being an assortment of mostly small things to do in a selection of games or even Origins having a bunch of other stuff to do.

Since each game has their own libraries, I'd generally allow the double entry, but if you submit them as a trophy list, it would be one game under that title (IE - SEGA Mega Drive Classics would be it's own game). It's a unique compilation that I would probably give some leeway, but specifically in that you're completing the collection itself, not the games within.

A new week is upon us, and with it, it's time for a prize update! 

SG104-SonicAdvance3US.png.360eeade89b68762203d6f31012f65ec.png

Join or check into the 52 Game Challenge this week for a Sonic Advance 3 profile gift!

• Thumbs Up 1

Weekly check-in, if largely because I got plans this weekend, so I don't think I wanna put this off longer than necessary. I finally pulled out Mega Man 11; thought I would've been at least partway through the game, but Mario vs. Donkey Kong genuinely took longer than expected to beat. I'm also working on other games if I happen to be in the mood at that moment.

The list so it gets updated, and doesn't get buried.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:22 PM, Agie said:

1. Super Mario RPG Remake

2. Kaze and the Wild Masks

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (100%)

4. Mega Man 1

5. Mega Man 2

6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game

7. Twinkle Star Sprites

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (100%)

9. Sunset Riders

10. Mega Man 3

11. Mega Man 4 (sequel wars version)

12. Terminator Salvation (arcade)

13. Roll-Chan 5 (hack of Mega Man 5)

14. Kiki KaiKai

15. Roll-Chan 6 (hack of Mega Man 6)

16. Beeny

17. Roll-Chan World (hack of Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge)

18. Roll-Chan: Mini World (hack of Game Gear Mega Man)

19. Duke Nukem 1

20. Roll-Chan World 2 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man II)

21. Earthworm Jim

22. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 1

23. Duke Nukem II

24. Roll-Chan World 3 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man III)

25. The New Zealand Story

26. Sonic the Hedgehog CD

27. Roll-Chan World 4 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man IV)

28. Momodora

29. Roll-Chan World 5 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man V)

30. Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Wily Tower)

31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers

32. Mega Man: Powered Up

33. Mega Man 7 Restoration + Refit (100%)

34. Mega Man: The Power Battle

35. Duke Nukem 3D: Total Meltdown

36. The Simpsons Arcade (Konami)

37. Jurassic Park Arcade (Raw Thrills)

38. Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

39. Mega Man 8

40. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

41. Mega Man & Bass

42. Mega Man & Bass: Challenger of the Future (100%)

43. Earthworm Jim 2 (100%)

44. Mega Man: Battle & Chase

45. Liquid Kids (100%)

46. Mega Man 9 (100%)

47. Batman (Raw Thrills) (100%)

48. Halo: Fireteam Raven (100%)

49. Hi-Fi Rush

50. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants

51. Mega Man 10 (100%)

52. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Jam version) (100%)

53. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (100%)

54. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

55. Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Remake) (100%)

Honorable Mentions:
Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade)

Bomber Panel Panic

Big Challenge:
Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Knuckles Challenge:
Sonic 3D in 2D

• Thumbs Up 1

#19/52 - Monument Valley: Panoramic Edition (PC)

There are some expansions, but I completed all levels in the base game. Very interesting and meditative puzzle game.

20240520204012_1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Salamander was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

Ongoing: SaGa Emerald Beyond (Switch) - And that's Siugnas's story finished, for a third total playthrough.  It's a much fuller and better-realised story than what I've played of the two intro characters, Tsunanori and Ameya - though they're not really complete unless you do multiple playthroughs of them, it turns out.  My Siugnas playthrough felt much more complete and was basically the length of a shorter RPG on its own.  His vampire mechanics are extremely flexible and fun to play around with, and it's enjoyable playing as a character who feels like a villain, wandering the worlds in search of "captivating darkness".

Spoiler

Wwwafje.jpeg

u6UiLPi.jpeg

kF8ABmP.jpeg

Ongoing: Picontier (Switch) - I am presently on the cusp of having maxed out affection for all characters in the game.  Not running around talking to all the characters every day sure makes my sessions in this game a lot shorter - but there are other tasks I can only increment a tiny bit each day, so I'll be treading water a while before I choose to take on the final(?) boss.

Spoiler

XVttpda.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Sean was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

#20/52 - Diablo (PC)

Was using the DevilutionX source port. Original Diablo is such a unique experience compared to everything else in the ARPG genre that it remains my favorite one.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 234021.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Gavvie was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

Game 15 Finished - Fable III (Xbox 360)

Whilst I've still got the Traitor's Keep DLC to do, the main story of this game is complete so I'm marking it as such here.

This is actually the first time I've finished this one, despite quite enjoying the previous two. It's not a bad one either, even if the second half of the game isn't anywhere near as interesting as the first.

Screenshot_20240522-150918.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
Ryannumber1gamer

castell-neath was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Game no 24 completed / game 23 100%ed  - Sonic 4 ep2.

Certainly the better installment. The tag team moves are fun, the physics are much better and the two stage bosses were pretty tricky at times too. The 7th special stage...urgh...nailing that loop towards the end can be soul destroying if you mess it up! Loved some of the zones, especially White Park Acts 1 and 3, and I thought Sky fortress and death egg mk2 were fun too...if a bit of a rehash. The reintroduction of Little Planet and Metal Sonic was great too....and episode metal is a nice, if frustrating bonus to have. I am gutted the planned trillogy was never completedand the story is left on a huge cliffhanger. I hope one day it gets a "complete" / "plus" remake and re-release where they can add another episode/ few levels to tie it all up.

Check in is with Horizon, post main game i'm getting ready for burning shores expansio  by finishing off all side quests and errands to try and get to 100%. Away from that its been a quiet week so no fallout 4 progress or GTA chinatown wars progress either.

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

Photo6.jpg

Edited by castell-neath
  • Thumbs Up 1