Awoo.

Idea:SSMB Role Play

HUNTER297

Hi Everyone!

So an idea poped up in my head yesterday. You all know those "Sonic Role Play Forums". Majority of them are dead because admins abandon them. And then I got this idea. How about hosting "Official Sonic SSMB Role Play Forum". I dont want to do it here and I dont think mods would like to do it here since people would register just for Role-Play and its not what this forum is about. So we could host something on some free server.

Well what do you think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferno

• Marcello

• Koopalmier

• HUNTER297

We actually used to have a Roleplay subforum in the showcase section here awhile back, but that kinda fizzled out as most of the roleplayers here either left to go elsewhere, or the ones still here lost interest in that sort of thing.

You can still make Roleplay story threads in the "misc" section of the showcase area, but I doubt alot of people would join in these days, though I used to be pretty into it when I was with my old crew of RP'ers that I used to chill with. It was pretty nice going on "adventures" with them man.

Edited by Jingle Ferno

Roleplay in a forum dedicated to a series tends to lead to:

- people getting bored of the RP and leaving the forum

- people getting too much into the RP and ignoring the rest of the forum

so no.

I don't really see a point in creating extra forum for RPing. Either way you have to go to a different forum to do it then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went through an RP phase way back in the day before I was on SSMB, but I kinda got over it fast because most people would "god-mod" and would never RP very fair. I would maybe be interested if something got going, though. Just maybe though.

Edited by Snowphire

You're free to make your own role-play forum outside of SSMB and invite SSMB members, of course. Or you can make an RP thread in the Showcase Misc forum. It's up to you to get people interested and involved (count me in if you do anything!). There's just not the demand for creating a whole subsection devoted to it here, however.

I regularly roleplay with some of my siblings, because it gives us something fun to do, so I'd be very interested. I just like finding sites to roleplay on and just having quick roleplays or even starting longer ones :D