So, Sonic Origins Plus’s announcement is probably coming pretty soon. A rating for the game released last month, and now ComicBook.com appears to have accidentally posted an article announcing the game early. Said article has now been deleted, but remnants of it can still be found via the site’s search engine and through Google caching. The article confirmed the following:
- Sonic Origins Plus will release digitally and physically for $39.99 on June 23, owners of the original game can get the DLC for $9.99
- All 12 Sonic Game Gear games will be include and playable via the museum.
- Amy Rose will be playable across all the 16-bit games.
- Knuckles will be playable in Sonic CD
- All Digital Deluxe content will be included
- Physical Editions will include 20-page artbook & new reversible cover art.
CB isn’t always the most reliable site, especially when it comes to rumors, but what makes this notable is the nature of the article. That it was posted as matter-of-fact news, that it was deleted, all make this notable…as a rumor. Since this isn’t coming directly from SEGA, and we have no way of confirming this ourselves, we’ve labeled it as a rumor, will be reporting it as such, and we encourage our readers to treat it that way.
An announcement is probably imminent…or maybe this was written up to fo up in a week, or a month. We’ll know soon enough!