Sonic Mania Plus continues to surprise players in many ways with small references and nods. But now fans have discovered that the game also includes cheat codes! Yes actual cheat codes, remember them? We used to have them before DLC became a thing.
A series of cheat codes have been discovered which work across all versions of the game, we’re unsure if you need the full plus DLC to get these to work or if they will work on a fully patched vanilla version of Sonic Mania, so give it a try anyway.
From what we understand, they do not work on Encore mode, and some codes only work for Sonic.
To enable the codes, you need to do the following.
Enter Mania Mode and go to ‘No Save’.
You now need to enter the code for the level select.
- PS4: Hold Square, Select No save.
- Xbox: Hold X, Select No save.
- Switch: Hold Y, Select No save.
You will now be at the level select.
Go to sound test and play the following sounds to enable the desired code.
- 3 3 3 1 9 7 9 0 8 1 1 – Changes all animals into Squirrels.
- 4 1 2 6 – All Emeralds
- 1 9 9 2 1 1 2 4 – Infinite Continues
- 2 0 1 8 0 6 2 3 – Force Encore Mode
- 1 9 8 9 0 5 0 1 – Unknown
- 2 0 1 7 0 8 1 5 – Super Sonic Flight in normal levels (Don’t need to be Super to trigger it).
- 9 0 0 1 – Max Control For Sonic (Dropdash, Super Peel Out, Insta-Shield)
- 0 0 0 0 6 2 1 4 – Disable Super Music
Some of these codes combine to make interesting effects, for example, if you enable Force Encore Mode and Max Control For Sonic, it’s possible to give the Super Peel Out move to Knuckles and other characters.
Try them yourself and see what happens.
Edit: The person who originally made this discovery has been revealed to be modder CodenameGamma. His Reddit thread details the discovery and includes a few additional details. You can also check out his YouTube channel which also contains a number of interesting finds and discoveries.