Sonic Mania is right around the corner, and you’ve probably pre-ordered the digital version a hundred times over (definitely not an exaggeration), right? What’s that? Something missing? You wish you had the money to grab yourself a Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition on PS4, or that you had the chance to get it before it sold out? Well, boy are you in luck – because we have five of these bad boys to give away courtesy of SEGA Europe.
[This contest is now closed – please stay tuned for winner announcements]
One of five Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition packs for PlayStation 4. Be aware that this is a PEGI Rated version, so intended for UK/European audiences.
We will also be giving away a number of Sonic Mania Introduction Manuals – both with the Collector’s Edition star prize winners and as runner-up prizes (number to be determined; we have a few of them!). These definitely aren’t rated by PEGI, ESRB, USK or anyone – so anyone in the world can use these!
We’re going back to the 1990s with Sonic Mania, and so we want to make sure you’re all in the right frame of mind when it launches on 15th August. So, in order to enter this contest, you’re going to have to draw us some Sonic the Hedgehog fan art.
But, we don’t want you to break out your fancy tablets or dazzle us with your Photoshop wizardry. Nope. The twist here is that you have to draw some fan art in the style of a kid in the 1990s.
What does that mean? It means drawing like an 8-year-old kid, who dreamt and thought of nothing but Sonic, Tails and Knuckles bopping Dr. Robotnik (yeah, we’re going with Robotnik here) in between school recesses, Nickelodeon TV and dreaded homework. It means a world dominated by 16-bit Mega Drive sprites and colours, and sending in Picasso-like messes of scribbles to Fleetway’s Sonic the Comic (or Archie in the US).
So give it your best shot… but not too much of your best shot.
We have to believe an 8-year-old did it. In the 1990s.
- Classic Sonic fan art only. Strictly no fan art relating to Sonic Adventure (1999) or later games/products will be accepted.
- Entries consisting of old fan art drawn when you were literally a kid in the 90s will be accepted, as long as you inform us that your entry is an old drawing.
- Entrants must be 16 years old or over. Kids who wish to participate with their own drawings may do so, provided their parent or guardian enters for them.
- Only one entry permitted per person. You may share more than one piece of art, but if you do you must tell us which piece you’re actually submitting for the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
Draw your picture using any tool you like – tablet, computer software, or good old fashioned pens and pencils (or crayons!) on paper, scanned to computer. Then, make sure your artwork is saved as either a .PNG or a .JPG file, and no larger than 3MB in size.
Send your contest entry one of two ways:
Via email as an attachment: email firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you set the subject as ‘Sonic Mania CE Contest’, otherwise your entry may get missed! Via Twitter: upload your image to a tweet and @sonicstadium, making sure to include the hashtag #Sonic90sKid so we don’t miss it! Be sure to FOLLOW US on Twitter as well! You have until Saturday 12 August at 11:59pm UK Time to get your pens and pencils in order. Get to it!
- These Collector’s Editions include the PlayStation 4 version of the game only.
- The included game is PEGI Rated, for UK and European use.
- TSS will contact winners via email or Twitter for shipping information; the sooner you can provide this to us, the quicker we will be able to send you your prize! Please stay alert!
- We unfortunately will not be able to send game codes separately from the Collector’s Edition pack, so you’ll need to wait for the whole package to arrive if you’re a winner.
- SEGA Europe has kindly provided these prizes and will be sending them out to winners, but will otherwise not be involved in this contest.
- On that note, The Sonic Stadium’s judgement regarding winning entries is final.
Closing date for entries is Saturday 12 August at 11:59pm UK Time.
- Winners will be announced on Monday 14 August. Keep your eyes peeled!