Following Sonic Mania‘s success at E3 (and nominations for multiple awards at the event) come the revelations of more of those involved in the game’s development…and it really is a who’s who of some of the most prominent talent in the Sonic the Hedgehog community!
Already established members of the team include programmers Christian Whitehead, Simon Thomley (Stealth), designer Jarel Kasl, composer Tee Lopes and art director Tom Fry (as well as Tyson Hesse’s and Hyperpotions’ involvement in the animated trailers). In a series of tweets today, Fry revealed a number of other names in the community that have been involved in the game:
- Hunter Bridges: Programmer and composer hailing from LA, Hunter has previously worked on Sonic Retro fan game Sonic Nexus. Twitter: @hunterbridges
- Brad Flick: Game Designer and sound engineer with a background in Sonic fan-gaming with titles such as Sonic Nexus, and a writer for Sonic Retro as well as our very own Sonic Stadium. Twitter: @bradflick55
- Kieran Gates: An illustrator animator and graphic designer from the United Kingdom, and also a member of the Summer of Sonic family. Twitter: @gatestormer
- Paul Veer: Veer is an established artist, animator and designer, who has worked on titles such as Nuclear Throne and LUFTRAUSERS. He has also been involved with Cook & Becker, commissioned to produce their officially licensed Sonic the Hedgehog print. Twitter: @pietpiet
- Falk Au Yeong: Composer, arranger and performer from Sonic Before the Sequel and a the recording and mixing engineer on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix soundtrack
Other newly announced members of the team include:
- Taryn Costello: Level designer. Twitter: @taryncostello
- Midio: A 2D artist and pixel artist hailing from Sao Paulo. Twitter: @midio
- Picomy: Game studio, responsible for the mobile title Heroki. Website
I’m sure you’ll agree that with this dream team, Sonic Mania is well and truly in safe hands!