The third character for Sonic Forces has been announced and the rumours were true – you can now create your own playable custom character!
In a trailer published by SEGA, a spectacled red wolf id shown running alongside Classic & Modern Sonic, as the sequence continues the character changes design and expression, the new hero then uses a grappling hook to attack a group of giant robots.
The trailer continues by showing off some of the character’s gameplay, including how the character creation system will work, that both male and female characters are available, and that there appears to be a significant amount of options available for customising appearance.
According to reports from other outlets, there are a number of different species to choose from, each with their own abilities.
- Rabbit — Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Wolf — Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Cat — Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog — Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear — Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird — Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog — Collects rings when getting damaged
Alongside the character creation details, the trailer also demonstrated some extended gameplay of the created character in ‘Park Avenue’