The time has come, the wait is over, NX out, Nintendo Switch is in! That’s right, Nintendo promised the preview trailer yesterday, and oh boy did they deliver. In just merely 3 minutes, they managed to show off the now true rumors of the hybrid functionality of portable play, a dock to play on the TV, and detachable controllers, and also a Pro Controller of sorts. We even have games shown off as well!
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart (Possibly Mario Kart 8, though it features 2 item slots and King Boo)
- Untitled 3D Mario (Features what appears to be a level with a Day of the Dead/Día de Muertos-inspired design)
- Possibly The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda was in the copyright section at the end of the video)
- Untitled NBA game (no mention of 2K or anyone in the copyright section)
To end it off, we actually have a giant list of developers confirmed to be supporting the system, with some surprises! Note that a few are middle-ware companies and some are engine-based, such as Epic Games likely being listed specifically for Unreal Engine 4 support.
We have a few images to share of course, including the hardware itself and a visual look at the supporting companies:
To view the full PR, I’ve uploaded the entirety of it unedited on my site here.
Finally, we of course have Project Sonic 2017 coming to the Nintendo Switch next year as well, and with that, we return to our usual fast and blue programming! What are your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below!