What has been said about Mario and Sonic that hasn’t already been said, aside from their bitter history, them being brawl buddies and Olympic sportsmen, and their tentative crossover potential? How about if their personalities were switched, if everything that Mario “Mario” and Sonic “Sonic” were traded?
For today’s Freak-Out Friday, voice actor SungWon “ProZD” Cho and artist Angus McLeod prove to us once and for all that nothing is sacred. Check out the result after the jump, as well as details on our brand new Photoshop Contest!
Found any other potential Sonic “Freak-Outs” out there on the web? Maybe you’d like to share one of your own creations? If so, you can reach us via any of the following to see your choice on the next Freak-Out Friday:
- Leave a message on my profile or private message me via The Sonic Stadium Message Board – join today!
- PM The Sonic Stadium’s official Facebook page!
- Tweet @ me! [@VizardJeffhog]
- Email me personally via email@example.com!
And now, the moment we’ve all been waiting for since the previous (and our very first) round: the October 2016 edition of the Sonic Stadium Photoshop Contest! Today’s theme is:
~Let’s Give Him Something to Cry About~
This crying Sonic was pulled straight from the first episode of Sonic Underground (at least according to US airdates); right as Sonic’s foster parents were being captured by Robotnik’s forces to be Roboticized, his adoptive father sends the teary-eyed blue hedgehog to Uncle Chuck’s for safety and sees him rev off for one last time.
What if Sonic had something else—and here’s the beauty of it: almost anything else—to cry about? That’s where you come in!
The rules are as follows!
- Photoshop is not required – any kind of image manipulation software will do!
- Submit your entries to us in the SSMB thread (ideally), share them in the comments below, or reach out to us via our Facebook or Twitter (be it with replies or direct messages)!
- No more than two entries per person!
- Most importantly, keep it tasteful with no offensive material of any kind!
The deadline is Thursday, October 27th at 11:59pm BST (7pm EST, 4pm PST), and your entries will be shown off the next day. Happy ‘shopping, and see you in two weeks!