Well, Sega certainly seems to like to surprise us out of left field with Sonic Boom games don’t they?
Found late last night on the Google Play store, Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom is a sequel to the popular Sonic Dash mobile game. Only now, you’ll be playing as the characters from the Sonic Boom franchise. It’s not just running and jumping either. You”ll also be using the Enerbeam (with added tilt controls) and slide on rails among other things. Characters from the show also make an appearance in the back ground. Here’s some more details from the store page.
The dazzling sequel to SEGA’s hit endless runner, SONIC DASH. Featuring the cast and world of the new TV series, SONIC BOOM.
New and amazing 3D worlds, challenges and game play. Play as Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Sonic’s new friend, Sticks. Let’s do this!
SONIC DASH 2 FEATURES
– RACE with up to three characters in new Team Play mode! Swap runners mid-race to earn high scores
– UNLEASH new special powers – Amy’s Hammer, Knuckle’s Jump Up & Slam attack, Sonic’s even faster Dash, and more
– CONQUER new obstacles and badnicks
– DASH on new fast-paced tracks in and above the beautiful Sonic Boom world
– MASTER new Swing & Tilt gameplay with the super charged Enerbeam; tilt your device to swing the runner towards the rings and orbs
– COLLECT, evolve, and run with new magical Sprites
– EARN special prizes in new Events and Daily SEGA Challenges.
No links have worked so far and it seems like it could either be a soft launch starting in Canada again, or the game simply isn’t quite available yet. What do you guys think? Are you excited for a new spin on Sonic Dash or does the thought of yet another Boom game repulse you? Let us know in the comments section. Personally, I’m cool with this. I think Sonic Boom works better for mobile than for console.