Following this morning’s Famitsu update about the proper unveiling of Sonic Runners, we have more translated details from Famitsu’s interview with Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka. News tipster Andrej has laid out all of the details in the below list.
* It’s an endless runner (duh)
* It’s Free-to-Play
* Graphics are like Sonic 4: Basically 2D, with 3D effects for added depth
* Simple controls: Sonic runs by himself, touch screen to jump/use items
* Stages can be completed in about 2 minutes
* Story is split into short scenarios spanning a couple stages each
* Some scenarios will be callbacks to the old games
* There will be 50 episodes on launch, more to come (I assume one episodes contain more than one stage, but they don’t really clarify that)
* Stages have multiple (and hidden) paths
* Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will be playable, more characters to come
* Eggman pops up during the stages and has to be driven off
* New music is being written for the game
* Color Powers make a return
* There will be “companions” or support characters; if you pre-sign up for the game (Japan only I guess) you’ll get a “special companion”
* There are leaderboards
* Events for Christmas etc. are planned
In other news, Iizuka has now revealed the above mentioned “special companion” you get for pre-signing up for the game on its website via his Facebook page. It’s the flying gold pig seen in the above promotional image for the game.
Thanks to Andrej for the translation! If you have news to share, please send it in to us at email@example.com.