So yeah, right after the Nintendo Direct, the demo of Shattered Crystal finally came out on the eShop in NA and EU.
Fellow staff member Brad transcribed the contents of the demo’s digital manual:
- Amy is kidnapped by Lyric because “she’s a history buff who has studied the legends and lore of this mysterious island… and a menacing reptile has taken notice.”
- Lyric The Last Ancient is the last of his kind who lived on the island a millennium ago. His race was devoted to perfecting technology using organic energy to power their creations and invention. Lyric rose to power and tried to use this technology to conquer all other races, but this went against his peers’ beliefs so they captured and imprisoned him. Now he’s back and seeking to reclaim the forgotten technology to unleash a terrible robotic army on the world.
- There are 6 islands (zones) in SC: Seaside Coast, Scrapyard, Shadow Canyons, Ancient Ruins, Volcanic Crater and Cloud Sanctuary.
- Adventure Stages are the main gameplay levels, where you switch between the four team members.
- Badges are needed to unlock levels and progress through the game. They are attained by completing level challenges on the Level Stats screen.
- You can collect broken fragments of the Lost Crystal in adventure stages to prevent Lyric from obtaining them. You take them to Sticks.
- Blueprints are found similar, and are to be collected and given to Tails.
- Connecting to Wii U unlocks specific character upgrades.
- Streetpass can earn you additional Tokens to be used in Q-N-C’s Toy Shop.
In other news, Sega also confirmed that a demo of Rise of Lyric on Wii U IS on the way… except it’s coming AFTER the game’s release date. The demo will be out on Dec 4th.
But wait, THERE’S MORE! On November 11th, Sega will release a StreetPass Puzzle Swap puzzle of Shattered Crystal AAAANNNNDDDD a free Sonic Boom theme for your 3DS menu!
Have a look at the theme:
And the puzzle:
Finally, Sega provided more info on air times and when other regions will get to see the show:
For the first time ever, the rich realms of the franchise’s Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles will be blended with Sonic’s first CG-animated TV series, debuting on Cartoon Network! The series will premiere on Saturday, November 8 at 7:00 AM in the U.S., with a global rollout in France on Canal J on November 19 and on Gulli in spring 2015. The Middle East will launch in spring 2015 with other territories to follow in fall 2015. Be sure to tune in!
All are part of what Sega are calling Sonic Boom November.
Excited? Let us know!