While no release date has been shared (though all guesses point to ‘incoming’!), an upcoming patch for the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World is now on its way!
Quoted verbatim from the SEGA Blog update, players should expect the following changes will be incorporated into the game:
- Collecting 100 rings will now grant the player an extra life.
- In the event of a Game Over, we have doubled the amount of lives the player will begin with when continuing. (From 5 to 10)
- The Indigo Asteroid, Crimson Eagle, Orange Rocket, and Black Bomb Color Powers can now be controlled using the analog stick and buttons.
- Fixed a rare graphical issue that would sometimes appear during the pinball section of the Frozen Factory casino area.
- When completing the NiGHTMARE DLC, users will be notified that they can re-play it after scoring 100,000 points.
- Items will now appear on the world map.
These changes are sure to come to the relief of many, especially the returning bonus life per 100 rings mainstay given the game’s steep learning curve, so owners of SLW U should be sure to have their consoles connected and at the ready once the patch rolls out!
Source: SEGA Blog