IGN has posted the first details of Sonic Lost World as well as a small barrage of new screenshots for both the Wii-U and 3DS version of the game.
If you want the details, click that read more button.
- Levels include ‘Wind Hill’ & ‘Desert Ruins’
- Desert Ruins consists of a Cake, Candy and sweet themed environment.
- Sonic builds up speed slowly, the player decides when he wants to go faster and then with another button decides when he wants to unleash the next level of speed.
- Parkour system, designed to allow players to navigate objects at speed without coming to a dead stop.
- Wisps are back, as are the wisp powers.
- 2 player “support” mode confirmed.
- Sonic is the only playable character.
- Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear in the story, they are not playable.
- The planet is called ‘Lost Hex.’
- Rescuing animals will influence various unlockable content.
- Red Rings are back.
- Gold cannons are used to unlock secret/alternative paths.
IGN also notes that it didn’t get to ‘play’ the game, but rather watch a demonstration of three stages.
More details can be found at IGN, as well as a selection of screenshots.