The Play Expo event was held in Manchester this weekend and Sumo Digital were due to give a talk about the making of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed as well as a small Q&A session.
Earlier reports coming from the event suggested that a new build of the game was shown that included several new features as well as the first appearance of a new racer, MeeMee from Super Monkey Ball.
- Two Items can be stored when racing. The second item appears beneath the first one and has a button prompt (B for the 360 version).
- Knuckles’ All Star is the Master Emerald emitting energy.
- Not sure if this was a glitch but I was sent back into the previous lap. I assume it was an item
- The Giant Robot Fish from Generations makes a splash after the Octopus Area
- Pre-set mines are also present on Seaside Hill.
Well as you’ve probably seen in the above video by now. MeeMee is indeed in the game (you can just barely see her at around 0:36-0:41) and we at last have clear glimpse of Ristar as the race starts. Also interesting to note is that Ralph appears to be in this build and achievements also seem to be active as the player gets two during his run.
Stay tuned to TSS for more news as we get it.