Hey you. Yeah, you! No, not the guy next to you (well, maybe him too), YOU! You’re here because you absolutely love the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, right? Do you think you have the same passion as myself, T-Bird, Bmn, Brad, Shadzter, nuckles87 and Jason? Well, good, because we’re looking for people like you.
The Sonic Stadium is looking for volunteer writers to help keep our awesome content rolling. In the words of Sonic 2’s marketing slogan, “Are you up 2 it?”
You need to have the following qualities:
- Write in fluent English and have a formidable grasp of grammar
- Have an amazing – but level-headed – passion for Sonic the Hedgehog
- Be available to write on a regular basis
- Have the drive to contribute all kinds of articles
- The initiative to dream up new ideas gets you a Dreadknux Bonus.
What you need to do in order to be considered, is submit two sample articles to us:
- One Sonic-related news article, can be about anything past or present. The point is to see how well you can write a news story when the time comes, and to analyse your style of writing. No longer than 250 words.
- A brief ‘blog’ article, in which you talk about something that strikes you as interesting about the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase. Can be a cool video you saw, some impressive fan artwork, musings over a scene in a recent Sonic game, or something else entirely. Blogs are all about keeping it personal, and we want TSS to be as personal and friendly a fansite as can be – so get creative on this one. No longer than 300 words.
Edit: Seems we didn’t actually set the email address up properly! Apologies to everyone that tried to send in their app to us and got an error – can you send it again?