As Generations creeps ever closer, here’s what we’ve been reporting on at TSS in the last week.
Sonic Generations (PS3/360)
- Top story is, of course, the release of the second Generations demo on Xbox 360 and PSN in Europe.
- Following on from the announcement of the PC version, Steam has listed the game for preorders, while the retail version is on sale for as little as £15.
- Meanwhile, over in Spain, Sega have revealed details of a Megadrive box-themed Generations t-shirt package.
- In the US, Six Flags visitors will be able to play Generations early.
- Finally, on the previews front, Sega of France have shown off Rooftop Run and the hub worlds, and Sega of Japan published a load of screens from the opening cutscene.
Sonic Generations (3DS)
- Sega in Europe and the US have confirmed the 3DS version’s release date as November the 25th and 22nd, respectively.
- Previews-wise, NintendoWorldReport has shown a whole nine minutes(!) of footage, and Official Nintendo Mag have previewed the game.
Now let’s mop up the rest…
- Sonic CD must have felt a bit forgotten, because Sega have released another trailer for the redeveloped port. They’re still pushing that Sonic 4 link though…
- Masato Nakamura’s Sonic 1&2 Soundtrack has seen a Japan release, featuring his never before heard demo tracks.
- Sonic deservedly received the Outstanding Contribution award at GamesMaster’s Golden Joysticks Awards in London.
- France will be joining the fun, showing an exclusive documentary on Sonic over the last 20 years.
So what’s been getting you guys excited over the last seven days? Let us know in the comments and we’ll be back for more next Sunday.