After being exclusive to PS Plus members for four weeks, Sonic the Hedgehog was made available to purchase from the PS Store for non-subscribers yesterday in Europe, and Tuesday in the U.S.
The game costs £3.99/$4.99 and continues to be free of charge for PS Plus subscribers for another week. Trophy hunters will be pleased to hear the game does indeed include Trophies; 12 of them to be exact.
* Centurion – Get 100 or more rings
* Clear Green – Clear the Green Hill Zone
* Fast Green – Beat Green Hill Zone Act 1 in under 35 seconds
* Fast Marble – Beat Marble Zone Act 1 in under 80 seconds
* Star Light Zone – Get to the Star Light Zone
* Spring Yard Zone – Get to the Spring Yard Zone
* Labyrinth Zone – Get to the Labyrinth Zone
* Chaos Emerald – Get one Chaos Emerald
* Chaos Master – Get all the Chaos Emeralds
* Win – Beat the game
* Fast Win – Beat the game in under 40 minutes
* Perfect Win – Beat the game without dying
SEGA’s Digital Campaigns Manager Mike Kebby took to the EU PS Blog yesterday and announced the release schedule for three of five other SEGA Mega Drive titles making their way to the PlayStation Network.
* Sonic 2 – free for PS Plus users on April 6th, released onto PS Store on April 20th
* Streets of Rage 2 – free for Plus users on May 4th, released onto PS Store on May 18th
* Golden Axe 2 – free for Plus users on June 1st, released onto PS Store on June 15th
Altered Beast and Comix Zone will be released afterwards, but unfortunately SEGA’s not set dates for those titles yet.
As yet we can’t confirm the release dates for Altered Beast and Comix Zone, but they will be rounding up our Mega Drive Classics schedule.
Source: EU PlayStation Blog