Ugh, it’s 3 AM on Monday…no wait…it’s Tuesday now. I am slaving away on my demo, but for the sake of procrastination, I am going to fill you in on more SAGE game confirmations. With the first day of registration over, the following games were confirmed to show up at SAGE 2008:
- ProSonic – Developed by saxman, this Sonic development kit is being hailed to be the “perfect” Sonic fangame creation tool, allowing users to replicate the original games “to the letter.”
- Emerald Ties: Crossing Fates – This game has been in and out for years now, sitting on the border of obscurity, but it we are finally going to get to see some new content from this famous Sonic fangame.
- Mecha Madness – When it comes to unique experiences, SFGHQ member Streak Thunderstorm has the bases covered. A simple, yet intuitive, combat system, an impressive array of elemental shields, and tried & true Sonic gameplay meets luscious production design to create a can’t miss SAGE experience.
- Sonic: Point of Action: A 3D Sonic fangame made in Blender that was only available in teaser trailer form last year. This year, we finally get to play it. Joy.
- Sonic Bastardized – Another 3D Sonic fangame. Nothing is really known about it, but which ever forum is goes to, it causes a lot of drama.
- Sonic T. Race – A Russian developed Sonic fangame by MetaRus. Nothing much is known about this game, but from preview builds that I have been given, it plays like an Advance series platformer with Sonic 2K6 presentation.
- Sonic Rebirth – This demo is well worth your time. The game is an updated version of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game with updated graphics, level layouts, and presentation. When it comes to demo content, this game probably will have the most.
- Mario Roots – A charming Paper Mario styled platformer will be making its first major demo release at SAGE. People who have been following its progress at SFGHQ know that it is an enjoyable experience through its production and the SAGE demo will surely not disappoint.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis of the Azure Wind – This game’s creators have been hyping the ever-loving crap out of this title through many YouTube trailers. The Halo Mod turned 3D Sonic game looks to be playable at the show.
With all these new games added to the already impressive roster of projects, SAGE 2008 is most definitely the best yet, when it comes to content. More games will be confirmed throughout the week, so check back for more updates. Oh…and…hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype.
SAGE runs August 17th through the 24th at sagexpo.org. YES IT IS AN ONLINE EXPO IT IS NOT SUMMER OF SONIC WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE THERE IN PERSON SO STOP MESSAGING ME AND ASKING THIS DUMB QUESTION. Thanks!