A fact sheet for Mario and Sonic at the Olympics has recently been unearthed, giving us some previously unknown details. Nothing amazing, but enough to give you a general idea of where this game is headed as far as game play balance is concerned.
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues with authentic events to choose from including track & field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics and more.
- Select your favorite playing style from the all-star cast of Mario and Sonic characters with four player types to choose from: all-around, technical, speed, and power.
- Examples: Mario (All-around), Peach (Technical), Yoshi (Speed), Bowser (Power), Sonic (Speed), Knuckles (Power), Tails (Technical), Amy (All-around)
- Game Modes: Try out each event individually with Single Match mode, compete for the highest overall score in a series of events in Circuit Mode, or take on challenges created specifically for each character in the Mission Mode. Up to four players can play together on the Wii. DS allows up to 4 players to compete via wireless connection.
- Unlockable stages where familiar items from the worlds of Mario and Sonic enhance the challenge of each unique event.
Special thanks goes out to Ultima for providing this information!