In the first of three downloads, SEGA has released Very Hard Mode on to the Xbox Live Marketplace for 200 points ($4) for each character. For 200 points, you can purchase Sonic’s, Shadow’s, or Silver’s Very Hard Mode.
You may be wondering if it’s worth it, though? Though their are lots of changes in enemy numbers and item locations, here’s the biggest differences in Very Hard Mode to the original:
- You now play Wave Ocean in reverse and must jump to the platforms on your own during the whale chase scene.
- Sonic now plays Dusty Desert on his own (without Elise).
- Silver’s Crisis City is now way longer with no Blaze section.
- Sonic’s Flame Core is reversed.
- Shadow plays through Sonic’s Match Speed areas on foot or on Motorcycle.
- Shadow’s Wave Ocean only goes through the hang glider section and a new section that is Sonic’s Match Speed section on Motorcycle.
- In Sonic’s Aquatic base, you need to destroy lots of enemies to make the Goal Ring appear.
- Sonic goes through the ruin area of Tropical Jungle.
- Shadow’s Crisis City got a change in that there’s now an Omega segment and the original hang gliding segment has been replaced with a small platforming segment with Rouge.
- Various enemy, item, and springs have been placed to new locations that make it a bit harder.
- You’re usually forced to take the harder path of a level instead of having a choice.
The Sonic Stadium will keep you updated on the updates to come!