Here it is SatAM fans, the moment you’ve all been waiting for since the announcement of the SatAm box set: The box art, special features, retail price, and release date have all been revealed.
Firstly, the special features are as follows:
- Way Past Cool! A Conversation with Sonic Writer Ben Hurst
- The Fastest Thing Alive: A Conversation with Jaleel White.
- Printable Heads or Tails Pilot Script
- Storyboard-to-Screen: The Doomsday Project – The complete episode shown with the animated storyboards
- Original Storyboards for an Unproduced Opening Title Sequence
- Original DiC Concept Art Galleries
- Easter Eggs Galore!
- Packaging Designed COMPLETELY by The Fans!
- Deleted/Extended Sequences for Drood Henge and The Doomsday Project. These sequences were never produced. They’ve animated the storyboards and bookended them with the scenes that would have come directly before and after to give you an idea of where they would have gone within the story.
Keep in mind, that the deleted scenes mentioned in #9 are STORY BOARDS, in other words, still shots, not actually animated sequences. Also, the winners of the art contest for the box set’s packaging are expected to be contacted any day now. Expect another news update when the winners are revealed.
Next up, is the cover, drawn by former Archie writer/artist Ken Penders, in all it’s finished, fully colored glory:
Please keep in mind that the coloring won’t be this bright on the actual packaging.
Finally, the suggested retail price will be $29.98, and the box set itself will be available everywhere in America on March 27th, 2007.
Be sure to pick up this box set, Sonic fans.