SEGA of America have updated their long neglected Sonic Riders game page, finally unveiling some previously unknown game modes and officially confirming the rumored February 2006 US release date.
The brief updated features list is as follows:
- All-new air board racing. New blend of snowboarding, surfing and high-speed racing combat.
- Innovative “Turbulence” air-system. Catch the drift of your opponents and leave them in your wake!
- Insane tricks. The more difficult trick you pull off, the more points you get!
- 4-Player Ultimate Battle. New rival group, the Babylon Rogues sets the stage for scorching head-to-head multi-player battles up to 4 players.
- Over 13 outrageous tracks, plus multiple modes, and tons of bonus unlockables.
- Collect and customize your Extreme Gear with over 40 unique types of equipment to choose from, as well as equipment upgrades.
- Unravel the mystery in Story Mode. You’ll play as two opposing teams, complete with cut-scenes.
Possibly the biggest piece of this update is the first official confirmation of the titles release date. Rumors that had been floating around earlier this week were finally confirmed as a February 2006 is when the United States will see the release of Sonic Riders on PlayStation 2, XBox and GameCube. The Japanese and PAL release of the game still remains as a yet to be confirmed date in 2006.
Big thanks to SSMB member Supah Sonic for the tip!