Yeah yeah, we were late _again_ with this SAGE 2002 wrap-up. But, overall our SAGE coverage is very special indeed. You can see our coverage from back in March and April already here. But, while we didn’t manage to get all the games individually covered, we got interviews with most of the developers, exclusive previews updated regularly, and a SPECIAL SAGE COMPETITION!, on top of the usual SAGE report. Enjoy!
SAGE 4 CONTENT HUB
Let’s not beat around the bush – SAGE – the Sonic Amateur Games Expo – is quite literally the biggest event in Fan Gaming business. Started by Blaze Hedgehog, with a little help from A.J. Freda, the expo is held twice-yearly and showcases the latest updates on the most anticipated Fan Games of the year. It has been running for about 2 years this September – and March is the first of two SAGE outings for 2002.
As always in SAGE, there’s Dreadknux following up on the latest and greatest in Fan Games. Last year there was a News Report – now Dread has several SAGE Exclusives lined up for you. Not only will you get the News Special, but you’ll see Exclusive Interviews with the guys at the booths at SAGE, special SAGE previews, AND – a Sonic Stadium first – The First Sonic Stadium Competition lies within these pages.
Later on, you’ll get the chance to win a TON of exclusive SAGE gear, courtesy of all the Fan Games companies showing their games at the expo.
Select a SAGE Section!
- Visit the Official SAGE Expo
Now closed until September…
- SAGE 2002 News Special
Most of the Fan Games noted at the expo, as it happened!
Was it us, or did SAGE end way too quickly this time..?
- Fan Games Preview Extravaganza – SAGE 2002
Zoom to Sonic Fan Games Club, where many of SAGE’s games were playtested. Do they live up to the hype?- ShenSonic
– Beyond Sonic
– Badnik Hunt 2
- SAGE 2002 Exclusive Competition!
WIN! Exclusive, canned items from developer’s games at SAGE!
Exclusive Interviews @ SAGE
Interviews with some of the booth-ists at SAGE…
- Taxman – Creator of Retro Sonic
- SimSonic – Creator of ShenSonic
- SonKnuck – Head of SonKnuck Team
- Ian Bennett – Head of Team Infinity
- Johnny ‘Sonikku’ Wallbank – Head of Sonic Team Junior
- MK Gamester – of MK Games, heading Big Adventure
- TLS PRWR – Creator of TFCPM:TB
- Twister – Head of Flaming Cheese Productions
- Matt the Yak – Head of Gameplay
- Ryoku Faita – Head of Team Exodus
- Myst Hedgehog – Developing Sonic: Eternal Rings
- Yuski – Top guy, making Mighty the Armadillo
- ShadowHermit Productions – Good team, working on SA: Neo
- Sonic Adventurer – Head of SonicVerse Team
Unfortunately, SSNG did not get the time to interview all the developers at SAGE.