Awoo.

What's Your Favorite Sonic Soundtrack Or Song?

Ratchet25tx

I've been thinking of great sonic music and soundtracks, like Escape From the City from SA2, His World from '06, and so many more! What I wanna know is, what's YOUR favorite Sonic Song or Soundtrack?

• Thumbs Up 2

Live and Learn is my favorite Sonic song, but the soundtrack of all of Sonic Frontiers (including the third update) is my favorite soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

The best ones for me are With Me Massive Power Mix and Never Turn Back. When I listen With Me, I felt like a true Knight that fights with honor and whose eyes are filled with curiosity, and Never Turn Back made me understand Shadow much deeper, and it helps me when I have tough times, and here I am, made it to the end of you. Also I enjoy Find Your Flame, One Way Dream, Team Chaotix, Infinite, Knight Of The Wind and Free, they have very inspiring and brave vibes.

(And I was also thought about topic like this, but you got ahead of me:)

9 minutes ago, ShadowForever said:

The best ones for me are With Me Massive Power Mix and Never Turn Back. When I listen With Me, I felt like a true Knight that fights with honor and whose eyes are filled with curiosity, and Never Turn Back made me understand Shadow much deeper, and it helps me when I have tough times, and here I am, made it to the end of you. Also I enjoy Find Your Flame, One Way Dream, Team Chaotix, Infinite, Knight Of The Wind and Free, they have very inspiring and brave vibes.

(And I was also thought about topic like this, but you got ahead of me:)

oh, Sorry! I could credit you for the same idea if you'd like to!

Yea, I feel the same of what you said about With Me, except I think of it with Knight of the Wind lol

• Thumbs Up 1

This might be a hot take, but...

Spoiler

Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) has some sick tunes, a lot of them inspired Sonic Adventure 1 and that's my favorite Sonic game, so my opinion might be a little unfair...

• Fist Bump 1

Some of my favourite songs are "Endless Possibility", "Flying Battery Zone (Act 1 & 2)", and "Friends" from Sonic Mania.

Sonic Frontiers has some really good music too...

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic has some of the best video game soundtracks out there, regardless of the quality of the games they come from.

I love most of the vocal songs, especially those by Crush 40, including Open Your Heart, Knight of the Wind and Live and Learn. But, Endless Possibility is probably my No.1 song. The soundtracks that stick out to me are Sonic Mania, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Colours, Sonic Frontiers and even Sonic 06!

But, my favourite soundtrack is "Planetary Pieces" from Sonic Unleashed/World Adventure. I love the real world inspired music as well as the cinematic, orchestral pieces to compliment the grand story of the game. Giving high speed rhythm to the day stages and smooth jazz tunes for the night stages is a very nice touch. Even the bombastic Werehog Battle Theme is a fun track on it's own. Dragon Road, Rooftop Run and Windmill Isle are some of my personal highlights. 🌄 🌍 🌃

My personal top 5 is live life, undefeatable ,🦔 i am all of me, can u feel the sunshine, endless poss 

So many options. The possibilities are endless. My favorite vocal track in the entire series is probably Live and Learn. Even after playing through SA2 a number(too many) of times, the song never gets old and I find myself putting my soul into singing it whenever I start the final boss(Although, this goes for any Sonic game with a vocal track as the final boss. Shoulda seen me when I played SA1. I remember my brother staring at me in fear as I belted out the lyrics to Open Your Heart lmao) The only other two that hold a candle to that one for me are Knight of the Wind and Break Through It All.

As for soundtracks in Sonic games...? Maybe Black Knight. That game went crazy hard on some of the songs(Crystal Cave and Molten Mine especially). All of the Rouge stages in SA2 had music I really liked(Security Hall was made slightly less stress inducing by the jazz). And Sonic 3 as a whole. I don't think I can recall a stage in that game where I didn't like the music. If you asked me to choose a favorite track from that game I would stand stock still for 15 minutes going "ummm well uhmmm uhhhh" before I hesitantly said Flying Battery or Lava Reef. So probably Sonic 3 has my favorite soundtrack.

Oh man, I could list a tooon of tracks that I've listened to on repeat, but I'll stick to top favorites for simplicity's sake.

For individual tracks, it's a tie between I'm Here (Frontiers) and Break Through it All (also Frontiers). What can I say? They're hype. They do a fantastic job at making you feel powerful and I welcome the edginess with open arms.

As for overall soundtracks, Mania's the most consistently good one for me. I can't think of a track that I didn't like from it or even one that I'm 'meh' about.

I have a ritual where I listen to Vandalize every single day, ever since I first heard it last year. So, that's definitely number one.

Otherwise, I'm Here - Instrumental and Kronos Island: 2nd Mvt. are pretty close behind Vandalize.

And of course the song that got me even into the franchise to begin with, Rooftop Run - Act 1 from Sonic Generations. I remember first hearing that song on like a top ten Sonic music video and falling in love with it, literally getting me to play Sonic Generations way back in 2014.

Oh, and Lights, Camera, Actions! - Studiopolis Zone Act 1 from Sonic Mania. I literally got the game just to listen to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite theme in this very instant (Since I'm feeling gloomy due to a recent discovery), has to be Merlina's Theme.... it kinda makes me feel understood.

Edited by White_Ninjakoopa
The URL thing didn't work right
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

My single favorite Sonic song is Infinite. Big surprise there.

As for my favorite overall soundtrack, I think Frontiers takes the cake easily. Those songs seriously sound like they came straight out of Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising.

• Thumbs Up 1

Individual song - Wave Ocean from 06.  one of the very few good things to come out of it.

Sonic CD (EU / Jap) as a soundtrack, closely followed by Colours

Edited by castell-neath
  • Thumbs Up 1

Favorite song: sonic generations tropical resort act 2

Favorite soundtrack sonic CD us with album covers

Favorite vocal song is probably either Live an Learn, or His World. (so original, right?) Other than that... probably Sonic Frontiers cyberspace music. Those tracks are just SO GOOD.:jammin:

This franchise has a lot of awesome music, but I would go with:

Favorite Soundtrack: Sonic 3 and Knuckles and the Sonic Adventure games.  When I played Sonic 3 and Knuckles as kid, I absolutely loved the soundtrack there, with my favorite songs being Flying Battery Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone, Ice Cap Zone, and Death Egg Zone.  The Sonic Adventure games were the first set of Sonic games that featured a rock soundtrack and both soundtracks are huge bangers in my eyes.

Favorite Songs: It Doesn't Matter (Sonic's Theme from the first Sonic Adventure game), Unknown from M.E. (Knuckles' theme from the first Sonic Adventure game) and Break Through it All from Sonic Frontiers.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know this has only just come out, but this is probably my new favourite Sonic song!

As for games already released, probably "Fist Bump" for "Modern" Sonic and Flying Battery Zone for "Classic" Sonic.

Edited by MGA_Gamer

Oh geez, too many reasons to like so much of it!

Sonic 1 and 2's music by Masato Nakamura was the best of its time! I remember watching somewhere that he wanted to think of the music like a soundtrack to a movie, and that worked really well! There's another video I watched that made clear just how important the IV7, iii7, ii7, I7 chord progression was in that game (and its reversal), almost like a sort of leitmotif (recurring theme in music that recalls a person/event to your memory.)

Sonic 3 and Knuckles, especially as an old Michael Jackson fan. You can easily hear his elements within the music. And I 100% have the Special Stage music as my cell phone ringtone! (By the way, if you listen closely, it kind of sounds like the theme song for F.R.I.E.N.D.S)

And of course, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. Introducing the concept of character theme songs (and they matched very well, even E-102!) was a fantastic addition. SA1 completely sounds like the late 90s in all its glory, and SA2 brought some tasteful maturity to Sonic. 

Edit:

I completely forgot Sonic R! Loved the music in that one too! Sega went above and beyond with the music in that game. Charles Cornell, a musical YouTuber, deep dived into that one too! Check it out ;) 

Edited by Ghelatlishol