Awoo.

Sonic and his death ray eyes

Badnik Mechanic

My guess... due to the date on the TV add, is that this promotional item was either due to end, or start on January 1st 1993.

The advert looks like a store offering a pre-order/pre-purchase promotional prize if you bought a Megadrive/Mastersystem/Gamegear.

What you get... well... it's a Sonic badge... with eyes... those eyes... I feel like I've been posssed by it...

Then at the end of the advert, for those who have not yet fallen for the power of the badge, Sonic appears on the screen and vapourises your brain with his own glowing death ray eyes.

... Does anyone here own that badge? If so, you should wear it, you could be as cool as the guy in the advert.

There is a number to call... lol anyone wanna try it to see if you can still get a Sonic badge?

deathrayeyes.jpg

Sonic Sez... rebel... REBEL CHILDREN BY KILLING PEOPLE AND BLOWING SHIT UP!

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 3

I can't say I own this badge... however...

O_O

Yes.... yes master Sonic... *goes to Japan and buys a MegaDrive*

I've never seen that before, =O. However, I do want that badge now, XD. Though it may seem like a hypnotizing ad of craziness, I'm sure the cartoon Sonic was just matching the cheap ass toy, XP. It's a funny commercial though, and it definitely makes me want one, <3.

-Blur

How Many Obscure Products, Starring Sonic do we have Now? I think I may have lost count.

I wonder if Sonic is Somehow Related to Cyclops....

deathrayeyes.jpg

Sonic Sez... rebel... REBEL CHILDREN BY KILLING PEOPLE AND BLOWING SHIT UP!

That Strangely Reminds me of....

obeywario.png

Obey Wario, Destroy Mario

This find is actually a lot more impresive than I first thought.

Not only do we now have some obsucre Sonic merch to be on the look out for. But was that or was that not a brand new version of the Sonic theme? I think we should call it the "Flinging out a dead cat theme." But we also got a glimpse as to what most of us Sonic fans will look like when we're 40, giant eyes and strange hair.

Also... looking at the "baydge" it doesn't actually look too badly made, it's quite well detailed... only Sonic has this look of "I'm going to cut my wrists after this advert" about him... before he ignites the death ray.

baydge.jpg

Edited by Casanova

Haha! This is almost... actually IS as fad worthy as...

dn1343.png

Oh lord. Lets please not make a fad out of this, surely computer room, dam 4th chaos emerald, PINGAS and gumball eyes are enough forced memes for one franchise XD.

Oh lord. Lets please not make a fad out of this, surely computer room, dam 4th chaos emerald, PINGAS and gumball eyes are enough forced memes for one franchise XD.

LOL, no worries! It was totally just a joke. :lol:

Although don't most memes start as jokes...? :rolleyes:

Oh God. I would pay good money to own one of those. And flash his demonic eyes at anyone who was pissing me off as a warning.

The expression Sonic makes when his eyes flash in that ad is so weird. I can almost hear him saying "DURR."

Good to see I'm not the only one who thought of the gumballs when seeing this.

The face expression is too hilarious for me to be scared of his flashing demon eyes. He looks so obnoxious.

That Strangely Reminds me of....

obeywario.png

Obey Wario, Destroy Mario

Haha That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

deatheyes.th.png

HD version for y'all. (300ppi) This is truly a masterpiece.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Please make a Sonic Death Ray eyes SSMB skin/banner...

Anyway, can anyone here translate what the guy is actually saying in the advert? Other than "Sonic Baydge" I don't really know what else he's saying, especially at that bit near the end when he points to his own eyes.

Also as someone pointed out in the news section, in the annimation, his arms are blue! OH nos!

Also as someone pointed out in the news section, in the annimation, his arms are blue! OH nos!

T'is a crying shame... this isn't the first time this mistake has been made. I had a Sonic nightlight with blue arms...

Also.

gumballdeatheyes.th.png

Please don't shoot me.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

T'is a crying shame... this isn't the first time this mistake has been made. I had a Sonic nightlight with blue arms...

Also.

gumballdeatheyes.th.png

Please don't shoot me.

Oh fuck.

It has begun.

To be on topic, OMG THAT'S SCARY. D:>

Haha, ironic! I just finished my new signature a few hours ago with shiney gumball eyes. ^_^

Anyway, can anyone here translate what the guy is actually saying in the advert? Other than "Sonic Baydge" I don't really know what else he's saying, especially at that bit near the end when he points to his own eyes.

Here I am! I remember this commercial, it's funny, knowing the actor, Jerry Cal

Edited by Franlight

I felt an Electric Soldier Porygon moment coming on for a second there, Sonic giving people seizures and shit. The badge itself doesn't look too bad though, I've seen a lot worse.