Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

Welp, due to SSMB being down and having to resort to using the July 2014 server, here's a revival thread.

Amiibo_Group.jpg

If you have no idea what Amiibos are, they're basically the Skylanders for Nintendo. You can use them for some Wii U and 3DS games and get some nice bonuses. Unfortunately, they are pretty limited and is pretty much the main target for scalpers which make collecting some of them really annoying.

Luckily, this thread is here to help! You can obviously brag about your collection talk about the latest Amiibo waves and lines and maybe get some helpful tips to track your Amiibo of choice down.

Now go ahead and discuss, my Amiibros!

• Thumbs Up 2

Already got a ton of Amiibos in my collection. I'll have to post a group photo someday, but I currently have;

Mario

Yoshi

Peach

Rosalina

Link

Kirby

Dedede

Metaknight

Marth

Ike

Pikachu

Lucario

Samus

Villager

Little Mac

Sonic

Megaman

Shulk

I pre ordered Lucina and Robin already, so they should hopefully arrive in April...or was it May? I dunno, but I can't wait to get those. =] I might collect some of the Mario series Amiibos too.

I only really have Fox and Yoshi in my collection so far, but I really want the concept of amiibos to go further

here's my collection so far.eLEKaB5.jpgI have a Sonic (Soniimiibo), Mega Man (Megamiibo), Kirby (Kabii Ku), Toon Link (Bluen Link), Donkey Kong (DankeyKang), and soon King Dedede (DonDropDat), Pac-Man (GottaGoPac), and Villager (TrollUGood)

Currently own Peach, Diddy, DK, Toon Link and Pikachu

Have Ness on pre-order and Sheik + Rosalina on back-order (in vain).

Waiting for Direct announcement of Splatoon on account of eShop tag + retail listing.

So far my collection only consists of Kirby and Sonic. They're still in their boxes. I want to wait till I get a New3DS before taking them out.

Let's see here...

Smash Bros:

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Yoshi

Bowser

Kirby

King Dedede

META KNIGHT!!!

Link

Zelda

Toon Link

Sheik

Samus

Fox

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong

Ike

Pikachu

Sonic

Mega Man

And Villager! Who a very generous person bought for me!

21/29

Mario Bros.:

Mario

Luigi

Yoshi

Peach

Bowser

Toad

Gold Mario

7/7

I don't have a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I keep telling myself I'm done collecting amiibo, but their looks are too alluring and the thrill of the hunt is just too great. Plus, they look pretty awesome in a nice display case.

I've even gotten more during the time SSMB was down. These are the ones my brother and I currently have between us (in order of acquisition):

Mario

Link

Fox

Donkey Kong

Little Mac

Pit

Captain Falcon

Sonic

Mega Man

Sheik

Yoshi

Kirby

My brother also managed to snag a pre-order for Gold Mario from the Super Mario line when they were available, which is great. The last one I really want is Pac-Man, but we'll see what happens when Duck Hunt and Mr. Game & Watch are announced. Part of me also wants to go back and get Samus... no, snap out of it...

gOrZhxq.jpg

My amiibo collection thus far. Mario, DK, Luigi, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Sonic, Pikachu, Sheik, Ike and Lucario.

I have Wario and Charizard on preorder right now too, I picked up Lucario just today actually because I saw him in GAME and figured he may become one of the more rare ones.

So far only ones I've actually set up are Link (named "Stink", who's now reached level 50) and Sonic (who i think we can all agree has the best name in existence, who's now reached level... 5 i think?)

I've got:

Mario (Lou Albano)

Luigi (Weegee)

Peach (Not Daisy)

Bowser (Zavok)

Yoshi (Grimlock)

Donkey Kong (DankeyKang)

Diddy Kong (Derpy Kong)

Link (Lanic)

Zelda (Excuuse Me)

Toon Link (Tewn Lanic)

Shiek (Shiek Fu!)

Samus (Rescue)

Marth (Murf)

Kirby (Backatcha)

Fox (Fax)

Pikachu (Hey You!)

Villager (Killager)

Megaman (Beck)

Sonic (LetsgoNEOW)

As a Skylander/Disney Infinity character, this is making my wallet burst into flames.

Oh well.

I currently have Fox, Sonic, Captain Falcon and Sheik. A friend in Europe is trying to find a Lucario for me. I have no desire to get Smash U so I'm just keeping them in their boxes. Gotta find a way to display them, their packaging is really nice.

My collection so far:

Amiibo.jpg

Mario

Rosalina

Yoshi

Pikachu

Kirby

Marth

Samus

Link

Toon Link

Zelda

Shiek

Mega Man

Sonic

And last but certainly not least.

Shulk.jpg

My man, Shulk.  Really feeling it, etc.  So ready for Xenoblade 3D it hurts.

Waiting patiently for Splatoon amiibo because holy shit I'm buying all of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

These come under the category of stuff I want, but I haven't really gotten around to. To be honest, I don't even know what the prices are for these things, so I have no idea how many I'm going to get.

So for now, I have nothing :P.

I've always had a love for collecting, and for some reason Amiibos appealed to me. I initially passed over them until I got one for myself, and that was when I decided that I would start collecting them. I've been collecting in-box so far.

In order of purchase:

Little Mac

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong

Bowser

Toon Link

Shulk (pre-ordered, arrival in May)

Sheik

Ike

Sonic

Mega Man

Unfortunately I got a late start to collecting, so I missed a lot of the rares in the US. I really want to get Pit and Marth, but it's looking like I'd have to dish out some extra money if I want to get my hands on one of them. Pac-Man and Robin pique my interest, too.

Holy shit you guys have alot lol I only got 4.

Some of you already bought over $100 worth of amiibos. 

I cant blame you though, 

I got Mega man last week and I already have Sonic, Mario and peach. Ii'm waiting for Pac-man but now I want Luigi and captain falcon now.

I also Pre ordered Mario party with the Mario amiibo bundle so cool. I wish I can change it for Toad or luigi. Oh god im no better lol

I've got Fox, and only Fox, and the only other amiibo I 'need' is ROB, but otherwise, other than probably picking up DK and Bowser for MP10, I'm good

For every member that successfully bought Shulk, my brain explodes. If I don't get one soon I will run out of backup brains :(

I have Link, Captain Falcon, Samus, Peach and Rosalina. I have Ness and Lucina ordered, I'll start collecting more if I can ever get a job.

Pre-ordered Kirby when he first got announced. Pretty pleased with how he looks. Level 50 and an absolute pain to beat.

Then pre-ordered Sonic as soon as I could, and working my way through levelling him up. He's at 38-42, but mostly I've just been feeding him equipment and have now got a 200 Defence Sonic on my hands.

Kirby is called DR Kirby, and Sonic is called Speedyblur [so original...]

Debating whether or not to get Toad [and Mario Party 10] but I'm really waiting for a Duck Hunt amiibo to be announced. I would absolutely love to get my hands on one of those.

Speaking of Amiibos, this statement from Nintendo of Germany came out yesterday;

"We will reproduce several amiibo, which have been sold out after only a few hours. This will take some time. We sold our 5.7 million amiibo worldwide, which exceeded our excpectations. This is also a reason that our production is delayed."

Assuming this customer service rep knows what they're talking about (sometimes they don't), it seems like Amiibo were more successful than they expected and the ones that have had limited productions or sold out too quickly may be reproduced.

Hopefully good news for Europe at least.. and by extension good news for those in UK who want a Shulk amiibo.

I only have three amiibos and they are Megaman, Toon Link, and Bowser.

My brother on the other hand is amiibo crazy and he has used every single resource at his disposal to get pretty much all the amiibos that have been released so far.

I've got...

Peach (Waifu)
Wii Fit Trainder (tlkshtgtfit)

Samus (Metroid)

Bowser

Fox (FIYAAH!)

Link (Blondie)

Meta Knight (Borb)

Sonic (Sanic)

Mega Man (Robutt)

Rosalina (Trash)

and I got these on Pre-order

Lucina

Ness
Pac-Man

Robin

Peach series 2

My amiibo collection consists of:

(The few that have nicknames have them next to the character name)

• Mario
  • Pikachu (PikaDrew)
  • Kirby
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Fox*
  • DK*
  • Yoshi*
  • Peach
  • Villager*
  • Marth*
  • Wii Fit Trainer*
  • Luigi (Weegee)
  • Captain Falcon*
  • Zelda
  • Diddy Kong*
  • Little Mac*
  • Toon Link*
  • Sheik*
  • Bowser*
  • Rosalina*
  • Shulk*
  • Sonic*
  • Mega Man*

(* = In the box. I really want to open these guys and play with them, but I'm not too sure about it (more so with the rarer ones like Marth and Little Mac). I don't care about resale value, considering I'm not planning to sell these. Still, I'm conflicted on the matter)

Hopefully good news for Europe at least.. and by extension good news for those in UK who want a Shulk amiibo.

Ooh, there's a possibility of more Shulk amiibo? Ah, I can see it now...

Nintendo: "Hey guys, look! More Shulk amiibo are in stock!"

*less than a second later*

Nintendo: "Sorry, we are sold out!"

• Thumbs Up 2