Awoo.

E-123 Omega

Fairfieldfencer

Hello, I'm Fairfieldfencer. I want to see what other people think of my favourite character, E-123 Omega. Just your views on him and what you think he'll be like in his comic appearances. Also, what kind of new weapons would you like Omega to have and who do you think his new 4Kids voice actor will be?

I think Omega has lots of potential to be more than just a "KILL EGGMAN" type robot, and I think he could have a more complex character that Gamma should have had.

For weapons, I think his current arsenal is awesome enough as it is, but if you want to add an extra weapon, I guess a lock-on targeting system ala-Gamma or Dr. Eggman would be okay. Not saying I want that in a game, but perhaps if it were implemented at a high-speed pace of gameplay, it could work.

No voice actor can erase the poor performance that was Sonic 2006. I don't know who could make us forget.

If he were in the comics, he'd be the same as he was in the games, I believe.

Omega is a character that I really like, because he's shown development from game to game. He's gone from his KILL KILL nature to showing that he actually thinks of the rest of Team Dark as his friends. But I'm not sure what else can be done with him at the moment. I think it would be interest for him to meet Eggman Nega, either in the Rush canon or the Rivals canon. In both those series Nega has the same personality but a totally different story. What would he think of Nega? Could he possibly side with him to get Eggman in the Rivals games (thus making him a villain, sorta), or get a new enemy in the Rush games?

This whole continuity needs to be fixed... split continuity is the only thing that really works. (And that sucks)

Umm, FFD, do we really need two topics for Omega? They're not really very different, maybe you should request they get merged.

Edited by Blue Blood

Since Nega is an enemy to Shadow and Rouge, I'm pretty sure he would be Omega's enemy, too.

That's in the Rivals continuity. In the Rush continuity, Nega isn't a descendant of Eggman but is instead his equivalent from another dimension. Shadow and Rouge haven't appeared in the Rush games yet.

That's in the Rivals continuity. In the Rush continuity, Nega isn't a descendant of Eggman but is instead his equivalent from another dimension. Shadow and Rouge haven't appeared in the Rush games yet.

It still hasn't been confirmed whether or not they're the same Nega.

It still hasn't been confirmed whether or not they're the same Nega.

Wait... huh? What do you mean? How could they not be the same Nega?

Edited by Blash

Wait... huh? What do you mean? How could they not be the same Nega?

He's still has a lot of undeveloped background. I mean, if Blaze has existed in both the future and another dimension, I don't see any reason Nega can't.

So, how isn't it the same Nega? Going by that logic, the Blaze from Next-Gen Sonic is a different person from the one that's featured in the Rush series.

So, how isn't it the same Nega? Going by that logic, the Blaze from Next-Gen Sonic is a different person from the one that's featured in the Rush series.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

But this is getting off topic, so let's let it go.

You're right. Let's get back to talking about Omega. If/When he's to be featured in another game, he'll most likely have the same weapons that he used in Sonic Heroes. I also hope that whoever his new voice actor is, they'll actually make him sound the way he did in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, rather than how he sounded in Next-Gen Sonic.

You're right. Let's get back to talking about Omega. If/When he's to be featured in another game, he'll most likely have the same weapons that he used in Sonic Heroes. I also hope that whoever his new voice actor is, they'll actually make him sound the way he did in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, rather than how he sounded in Next-Gen Sonic.

I'm sure they will, since Omega's voice actor in 06 died since then I believe.

I also hope they make his movements more organic again. Seriously, in that game he was WAY too robotic. Whirrrrr whirrrr whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by SuperStingray

Here I some I think are good/will likely take the role.

*Dan Green

*Chris Collet

*Scottie Ray

For all those wondering, Chris Collet was the one who voiced Eggman's robot in Unleashed, (his name is SA-55). And Scottie Ray was the voice of another robot called Cubix in the series Cubix: Robots for everyone.

Edited by Fairfieldfencer

I don't care about Omega unless he's being voiced by Jon St. John.

Yes. Because all improvements to and attributes of his character are for dick if his voice doesn't sound the same as when he was created.

This is Drummond all over again.

I like his charming, wild animations. His arms swinging around as him and Shadow are about to face off against Eggman after the Iron Jungle stage. I also like how they gave him some soft feelings for Shadow (If you've seen that scene in Sonic 06). I also like those little beady eyes that move around. And him yelling "ANNIALATION!!".

They ruined him in Sonic 06 though. What's with the old fashioned animations? And his terrible new voice... ugh!

Still, he's a great, welcomed addition to the giant Sonic cast. I just hope they don't forget about him in future games...

E-102 Gamma owns Omega in the personality department, but whatever. Personally I prefer his Heroes voice he sounds more vicious. But whatever guys, E-123 is alright but I do wish they'd find something to do with him, I actually would hate to see such a character go like, I mean we already lost Metal Sonic!

I would say Maddie Blaustein (Sp?), but she passed away after '06, so I'd have to say that I'd like one of Omega's two other VA's to take her spot.

I just wish that they would find an actor and stick with him/her. Seriously Sega, wtf?

It wasn't always their fault. The only time it was when they fired the other voice actors and replaced them with the 4Kids cast. The guy who did Omega's voice in Shadow the Hedgehog quit voice acting for some reason.

Yes. Because all improvements to and attributes of his character are for dick if his voice doesn't sound the same as when he was created.

This is Drummond all over again.

His voice is what made him awesome ("Worthless Consumer Models!!"). Without it, he is nothing.

It wasn't always their fault. The only time it was when they fired the other voice actors and replaced them with the 4Kids cast. The guy who did Omega's voice in Shadow the Hedgehog quit voice acting for some reason.

Well, unless Sega decides to find someone else, I guess that leaves us with ol' Duke Nukem.

His voice is what made him awesome ("Worthless Consumer Models!!"). Without it, he is nothing.

My point still stands.

Edited by SuperStingray

I think you guys misunderstood me. I'm not asking who your prefered voice for Omega is, I want to know who you think will serve as a good replacement since Maddie is dead.

Heh some reason my mind farted and thought about Gamma. So I was going to say. "I'm glad that when Gamma "died" he didn't come back...technically." Being a good example of a character who, after their purpose is filled no longer needs to return.

But Omega! ok...uummmm...

Well apparently he is bad ass. But a lot of hidden potential if he can somehow KILL Shadow. That must put him on par with Metal Sonic, the only robot that could possibly kill Sonic.

Edited by Dejablue

Well apparently he is bad ass. But a lot of hidden potential if he can somehow KILL Shadow. That must put him on par with Metal Sonic, the only robot that could possibly kill Sonic.

Apparently, Omega didn't kill him. He just captured him. I don't get why some people think Omega killed him. He said he defeated and sealed him. Where do they get killed from that?