Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

We already know SEGA's E3 lineup, they revealed it via press release just yesterday. Here we thought all the fun for SEGA was over, but that's not true.

SEGA of France's PR Manager has let loose an interesting detail. He says that SEGA will be revealing a new title this Friday, but it won't be a huge surprise. Well, I wouldn't see a new Sonic game as a huge surprise, although I'm hoping they give the blue blur a rest for awhile.

Source

What do you think this could be?

The SEGA rep has stated that they "won't announce new games during the show" so this is likely going to be their only big new announcement during the E3 period. Oh, and before anyone asks, he's also stated quite clearly it's not Shenmue III.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I think it's a new Sonic game, if it's no surprise. However, I have one of 2 hopes:

1. It's a handheld game, possibly announcing a new Sonic Rush title or the like. Nothing ground-breaking, but enough to sate us while Sonic RESTS and a big game is developed with care and love for his big 20th.

2. They are announcing another big new game, but it won't be finished 'til his Birthday or after, and we're merely getting a glimpse at what's to come.

Granted, it could be another title, but based on what he said, I doubt it.

Edited by EXshad

Sonic Rush 3 without bottomless pits and with playable Tails? Yes please.

If it was a new Sonic game... then wouldn't we already know about it via a leak?

Nah, well... if it is a new Sonic title... I think it's safe to assume that it's going to be a filler title... Sonic Riders 3: Beyond Infinity!

Either that or they're brining back an old franchise... Oh lord... I wonder if it's a movie tie in? If sega have the license for this, then chances are I think it'll be Where the Wild Things Are.

Why would SEGA hold back to reveal a liscenced title? Sounds like something people actually want to me.

Nah, well... if it is a new Sonic title... I think it's safe to assume that it's going to be a filler title... Sonic Riders 3: Beyond Infinity!

Oh please god. And they better do it RIGHT this time!

I'm bettering on a new Sonic Rush. The Rush games have always been announced in the spring/summer time, and released autumn/winter, while the Riders have been announced summer/autumn and released winter/spring the following year.

Sonic Rush-Announced Spring 05, releases Autumn 05

Sonic Riders-Announced Autumn 05, releases Spring 06

Rush Adventure-Announced Spring 07, released Autumn 07

Zero Gravity-Announced Autumn 07, releases Spring 08

Rush 3-Announced Spring 09, releases Autumn 09?

Riders 3-Announced Autumn 09, releases Spring 10?

That's only if they're announcing Sonic of course lol...if it's anything else...no idea.

Edited by ENVY16

I can't saying I'm not yearning for a third Rush title. Really, it's what I want so much right now. But Dimps were working on UnWiished. Would they be doing Rush 3 already? (especially to be released in Autumn as is the common prediction)

I can't saying I'm not yearning for a third Rush title. Really, it's what I want so much right now. But Dimps were working on UnWiished. Would they be doing Rush 3 already? (especially to be released in Autumn as is the common prediction)

But all Dimps did was do the level design for the daytime stages. I can't imagine that being too much work...

But Dimps were working on UnWiished. Would they be doing Rush 3 already? (especially to be released in Autumn as is the common prediction)

Keep in mind that there are different teams throughout Dimps.

I doubt that it's a new Sonic game- we just got Unleashed which is still being supported with download content, Black Knight came out only a few months ago and Mario and Sonic is coming out this year. You'd think that would be enough for now, right?

Please don't let it be another shitty Sonic game, Sega, please don't be that retarded. I know your fans lap that shit up, but, well, did you see that "debate" over the voice actors? Did you read the e-mails asking for a man to be fired because some people prefer another man's voice? These people are clearly not worth listening to!

[/rant]

I don't think Sega makes Sonic games for the fans. They make Sonic games for the money. And according to the money, we're gonna see another Rush title. Can't predict how fast they're gonna keep pumping the titles out though. I'm really hoping for Rush 3.

They beat the hell outta the Advance games, IMO.

Edited by Badnikz

I don't think Sega makes Sonic games for the fans. They make Sonic games for the money. And according to the money, we're gonna see another Rush title.
That'd certainly please this fan. The Rushes are the best Sonic I've played since SA.

Though, no reason to get my hopes up for that now...

If SEGA don't make Sonic games for the fans, they should start. They need to remember that Sonic was once a "gamers game" and not a moneymaker. Other franchises have their fair share of spinoff crap, but most flagship characters have high quality mainstream titles.

They're big enough, they can make Riders and stuff too!

EDIT: Rush is awesome, but very flawed. Needs more platforming. Rush Adventure was awesome, but it lacked real change from Rush, other than tweaks.

Edited by SuperLink

If SEGA don't make Sonic games for the fans, they should start.
Oh, they do indeed make games for their fans. That's exactly what the problem is. The "fans" are fucking retarded and don't even have a clue what they themselves want from a game and not only end up costing on the quality of the game, the fans also don't even recognise when their requests are put into practice. Sonic Team was doing a hell of a lot better before the fans started influencing the games, and I'd mightily appreciate it if they started making games of their own whim again.

On the subject of the actual announcement, I'm certaintly not doubting the possibility of another Sonic game but I'm secretly hoping for another Condemned to show up. If either possibility shows off the Hedgehog Engine again, that's a bonus.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 1

A new Sonic game? After Unleashed and Black Knight? Get outta here...

They don't annouce new Sonic titles THAT quickly, it takes well close to a year before we get some small info on that.

Who know's what they're really planning, but a Sonic game is definitely not one of them...well I hope not anyway.

I'd rather restrain the "game for the fans" bit, because the Sonic fanbase is utterly unpleasable.

Another Rush? Yes please.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it was a new Jet Set, I'd probably explode, =D.

If a new Sonic game, I'm actually a little sick of it right now, =/. I mean, a Rush 3 would probably be the best, and most likely the game if they are making a new Sonic, but still, I think I'd rather see something else. Mainly because I know that we will go through the same headache once again.

Just me being a party pooper though.

-Blur

A Sonic Rush 3 being announced is a high possibility, but it could also be something else. Deep down, I too am getting a bit tired of having all these new Sonic games announced every year. C'est la vie. 8(

I hope to God it's not a Sonic game and is instead something interesting *ooh I might have struck a nerve*.

• Bad Quality Post 1

If it was a new Sonic game... then wouldn't we already know about it via a leak?

:lol: made my day.

Although as a crafty betting man, I'd be foolish not to dump a little bit of faith into the Sonic Rush 3 camp, so I'm gonna go with that.

*jumps on bandwagon*

I'm telling you guys, it's some game from Secret Level!!! IRON MAN 2!!!
Wasn't the original Iron Man game a movie tie-in? Why in the holy mother of crap would they announce a sequel to a tie-in when no plans for another movie exist yet?