Awoo.

Megaman....

Eternal EX

That kinda died off (my opnion) since the 90's and early 00's. Man did I enjoy these games. MM 2,3 & 8, X4-6 and even some of his shows. (80-90's version owned.) And this guys went threw soo many apperance changes is crazy. Original, X, NT, XZ, and now his current look (whatever that is now). Whats your opinion on this legend.

Discuss.

BTW my 300th post! WOot WOOOOOT!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• Candescence

• Vasco

• Scorch

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the original Megaman games and Megaman X 1-6. The X series is my favorite though. I despise the Battle Network and Starforce games, I wish Capcom would stop churning out so many of those and start making more classic-style Megaman games like Megaman 9. The only Battle Network game I liked was Network Transmission for the Gamecube, just because its gameplay was like the classic Megaman games.

To be honest I found the original series too frustrating to be fun. I did love MegaMan X though.....up until about 5 or 6 when it started to become shit. I also really, really liked the MegaMan Legends series. Damn what I wouldn't give for a 3. I never got into all the spin off GBA/DS stuff.

I think they should try to make a modern day 3D MegaMan game, or just a Legends 3. While I thought the MegaMan Legends games were great, for some reason they do very well. In some ways you could say MegaMan has had a harder time going 3D then Sonic.

I love Megaman 2 and 3. It has good level design (...Mostly), good music and interesting enemy/boss design. After that they started to get repetetive and the music and boss design took a turn for the worst (IMO). The X series is ok but a bit too easy compared to previous instalments to the series. I havent played Legends, played a bit of Battle Network and didnt like it too much and I've never played ZX/Starforce.

I do agree that a 3D Megaman would be a good idea though.

One of my favourite series ever. What got me into it was Megaman X3 (Saturn Version) and I loved every bit of it: graphics, story, extras, bosses. I remember playing it over again and exploring the bosses' weak points so that I knew in what order to fight them.

Out of all the game series made, I'd have to say my favourites are the Megaman Zero games, for the GBA. A great follow up to the overall story, and I remember how amazed I was in 2 particular moments:

when X came along in the first game and Zero had to fight his copy

, and in Megaman Zero 3, just when I thought I had beaten the game,

the original Megaman Zero appears

One thing I love about it is the statistics: how old some characters are, the background for each boss, their energy and stamina stats... Heck, I even bought Megaman Zero: Official Complete Works, a compilation of all the artwork in the MZ series (which also uncovers some story bits). I felt quite disappointed though, when by the end of the 4th game,

Zero dies. You always expect something else to happen when the credits roll, but that's it. However it still doesn't make it 100% sure that he died.

And the music. Much of it is improved and released in CD. I love all of the 4 Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero albums. I think they have got increasingly good. The ZX albums are also top-notch (I have both albums even though I only played ZX advent). Not to Mention Rockman 9 arrange sountrack.

Some people would argue that the games are annoyingly difficult. I disagree. I think they have a different learning curve. And once you get used to it, you can do pretty well. Not to mention you wouldn't really want a game so easy you'd say "this is it?" when you're done. I know I wouldn't.

I am not so crazy about Megaman Battle Network, for example. But I loved Megaman NT warrior (haven't watched the whole of it though).

I never did think I'd say this, but I think Megaman brings that nostalgic feeling I used to get with Sonic games. Both series have a special place in my heart, though.

My avatar depicts one of my favourite characters from the series. It's an odd choice, so I realize.

Edited by Vasco

To what I'm sure is no one's surprise, Dr. Wily is my favorite Megaman character. (See: Massive character development in Super Adventure Rockman)

And the series in general is fun too. Classic platforming that manages to be challenging, while not frustratingly so. The story and characters are simplistic and lighthearted, and I think that's great. (Well, there's the X series, but I haven't played much of it yet.)

I also like Battle Network in its own way. Perhaps

Dr. Wily's much more pronounced character development and eventual reformation at the end of the series

had something to do with that.

Hi im new

This is the best post ever made in forum history

Only Megaman games I liked were X1 and X3. The originals were just boring for me while the Battle Network series was just selling itself to be raped with mindless, boring sequels.

Before Megaman 9 came out, I had pretty much written off the Megaman franchise.

Megaman Zero desperately needed to not have the touch of death.

I never really got round to completing the earlier Mega Man titles (though I ALMOST completed Mega Man 7), but I have completed Mega Man 9. Despite the difficulty, they're fun games with a unique gameplay style. I started off with MM7, and this is probably why Bass is one of my two favourite MM characters.

I also like the X series, having beating 1, 5 and 8, and gone through all four Zero games. I loved the ZX series, and Ashe is my other favourite. I never quite got into Battle Network, but I beat the first two games more recently, though stuck on 3 (ARGH ALPHA YOU STUPID BASTARD), but I love the Star Force series too.

Yeah... I'm still anticipating the next Classic and ZX titles, mostly for the sake of Bass and Ashe alone. XD

I grew up with the NES games. They're all really challenging. I like a good challenge. I remember one morning, I was almost going to beat Mega Man 2 and I just couldn't get passed this one boss character. It looked like some kinda green dragon. I didn't make it to Dr. Wily. Mega Man 2 is one of my favorite NES games ever. I've only played the NES games. I played all of 'em, except for the first one. Through the power of emulation, I did get chance to play the first one. The first one is pretty damn tough.

One of my old best friends was totally and completely obsessed with Mega Man. I remember he really liked wearing blue, so he would be the same color as Mega Man. He was that into Mega Man.

I love the original Mega Man and X series. Hell, Mega Man X5 helped get me into the series, my friend and I used to play that game all the time when it first came out. I loved it, even though I had no idea what the hell was going on :P

I think the series' problem was that it was too repetitive, and when it tried to broaden its genre, it sucked copious amounts of ass. The original series was pretty good, but got stale after 5, IMO. The X series...also got stale after 5, though X8 wasn't bad. The only exceptions to the whole "suck ass" thing, IMO, have been the Legends games (where's the PSP remakes, or a 3rd one?! 0_o) and X Command Mission. I never got into the Battle Network series, and naturally, I didn't give a shit about Network Transmission. The Zero and ZX games are pretty cool, though. Then again, that's 'cause it doesn't stray to far from the tried and true.

Yeah, I think Mega Man lost his steam in the early 2000s. Though Mega Man 9 kinda rekindled the flame. I think, even though it was more of the same, which helped knock the series down, people ate it up because it was a breath of fresh air from the network shit and stuff.

Anyhow, I'd love to see another X game to tie up what happens, since that was my favorite series and it ended on a fucking CLIFF-HANGER. But, y'know, it would be cool if, unlike Mega Man 9, it was a sorta big budget game, to show that Capcom still cares about the franchise that helped put them on the maps... I dunno, I could go on and on about how awesome it could be, but whatever. I'll enjoy my Mega Man and Mega Man X Collections in the meantime.

Edited by EXshad

I'd love to see another Megaman Legends game that continues the story that Legends 2 left you off with (Or at least uses the same character designs/characters), but with much improved controls and obviously graphics. I really tried getting into the Legends games, I really did, but the ass controls put me off so much I just couldn't. It's a damn shame too, because from what I played the game was full of charming characters, had decent graphics (For it's time), and a pretty good story.

Wow soo many people liked the original over this new crap. Anyways, X1 is what really got me into the series. I play like one level WAY back on Snes then skipped over to x4 on psx. So i guess technically x4 is what really got me. MM8 was great but I never got around to beating it :(. My favorites are by far x5 and x6. Actually I may be getting the anniversary game for both X and original soon so i can relive a set of game i missed out on and or never played. Heard x3 was liike a legend or something wierd like that.

Megaman...

I'm not a huge fan, but I played the first few games, and I liked them. The only problem was... I COULDN"T GET PAST A SINGLE LEVEL!

Do I suck, or do I suck?

Anyways, the difficulty level sort of turned me away from the later games. Everyone says the original games are better, though, so...

Like alot of us has said, the X series was fairly easy. Hell even on hard it isnt that bad. Try x5 or 6, these were probably the easiest MM games created.

Then came the much harder Zero games. ZX was easier, because it actually had difficulty settings (normal is deceptively hard).

Not to me. I blew through x6 on normal fairly fast without growing a grey hair or getting pissed at a boss. Only main reason I would die is because of the questionable level design. *Lava stage I'm talking to you* Now x5 on the other hand....it gave me a little trouble.

My opinion is that Megaman was best as Classic Megaman, and he lost so much charm in the X series. Couldn't they just keep going with the Megaman 8 style?

As much as I think Classic Megaman is neat, It's still too hard for me.

I've only recently gotten into the Mega Man series, and I can honestly say they're the hardest games I've ever played in my life!

I recently downloaded Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 on an emulator, I've played pretty much every level so far and I've never yet came close to completing one, they're just too hard! I quite like them though, they're kind of addictive, as I keep going back for more, yet I still suck at them. XD

To me what makes Mega Man games is the music, without those catchy tunes they would completely suck IMO, it's the music which keeps me playing. I've never heard such great songs before, I pretty much like EVERY Mega Man song, to me Mega Man music could easily rival the music found in the old 2D Sonic games, and that's really saying something. I listen to it pretty much non stop on YouTube. XD Mega Man 2's Dr. Wily's Castle and Mega Man 3's stage select are easy among the best songs in video game history (along with many others, especially classic Sonic songs).

Yeah... I'm still anticipating the next Classic and ZX titles, mostly for the sake of Bass and Ashe alone. XD

Are they working on a new ZX? That would be swell.

I yeah, return of more classic games would be awesome, but I want X to return.

I love the original Megaman games and Megaman X 1-6. The X series is my favorite though. I despise the Battle Network and Starforce games, I wish Capcom would stop churning out so many of those and start making more classic-style Megaman games like Megaman 9.

I am SO glad to see that I'm not alone on this one. The only difference with me, however, is that I don't like any game in the Battle Network series, period. In fact, I consider any Mega Man series after X to be garbage.

I am SO glad to see that I'm not alone on this one. The only difference with me, however, is that I don't like any game in the Battle Network series, period. In fact, I consider any Mega Man series after X to be garbage.

I would agree but from what i heard, Zero and ZX were decent soo I dont know. I want a megaman x9 for live arcade.

Ah, the hate trend of the Internet on this side... ^^;

Well, I never really liked Rockman until EXE and Zero. I was interested in DASH too, but it didn't last that long compared to them. Still good though.

You can't really deny that EXE single-handedly carried the franchise from the bottom of the pile; There is a reason why Capcom kept the EXE team running compared to the other series (Hint: cash cow). The ZX team seems to have disbanded due to sales not meeting objectives, so I've read. I can't really see it coming back, even though I kinda liked it.

In any case, I really liked EXE for its character and world concept. The gameplay too played a major role, but the series was more memorable in its characters in my case. I remember waiting every week of that manga chapter and anime episode. Capcom really treated EXE fans pretty well. XP Alas, it has ended (with a great climax I suppose).

Although Shooting Star didn't do justice as a sequel of the series, I found it very entertaining. The anime was fun to watch (although a bit too short). But the games don't start to get good until the third one. If you liked EXE but was disappointed in SS, try the 3rd one coming in June. It's not in par with the EXE formula but it's much better than the first two.

The only side-scroller that I really liked was the Zero series. The X series didn't have anything with it though. In fact, the Zero of the X series played awkwardly, I'd say ^^;. There is something about the Zero series' control that made it perfect; The lag-less response, the fast-paced close combat, the unforgiving bosses (at least in the first games. Not to say that the last ones were pushovers).

The Rockman series is not really dead for me and I'm eagerly waiting of the next one. To be honest, I'll be disappointed if it's another Classic or X one (unless it's a better Command Mission). XP;