Earlier today, the Western Nintendo Direct broadcast showed a small segment of what appeared to be a cut scene from Sonic Lost World. Well not to be outdone, the Japanese Nintendo YouTube Channel has posted the cutscene in full.

The segment shows the Deadly Six turning against Eggman and using his own badniks against both Eggman, Sonic & Tails. The sequence shows Tails being rescued by Sonic and some comedic moments with Orbot and Cubot.

Oh… according to Tomoki on SSMB. A rough translation of the Deadly Six’s dialogue is as follows.

Zavok: Fire!

Zavok: Kill the fat man! Show him what we’re really capable of!

Cubot: These guys mean business!

Sonic: These guys are tougher than I thought… Gonna need to think of a strategy to take them out before they do some serious damage.

Tails: I know you can do it, Sonic…

Eggman: Retreat! We have to retreat! Let’s get out of here before they get us!

Source: NintendoJPOfficial. & thanks to SSMB member Tomoki for the rough translation.

About Hogfather

Likes merchandise and various shiny things with pictures of videogame characters on. Owner of Merch Kitty, or maybe it should be Merch Kitty owns him. Has a kettle and a toaster.
Tags: , , ,

160 Responses to Sonic Lost World: First Cut Scene Now Online

1. Just one head scratcher from watching. How did Eggman get his two server bots back? I thought he abandon them in Generations when he saw the Time Eater.

• BlueSpeeder says:

I personally believe that Eggman got his two server bots back after the whole “Generations” plot. Time-space restoration? :/

• Hopefully they’ll explain it in the game. :P

• There egg man’s robots, they always find a way back :D

• Emi Kremer says:

By the way… That translation of Zavok spewing is a little off. I asked my mom to translate it for me, and she’s Japanese. A more accurate translation is, “The time of despair has come! Show them hell!” And Tails doesn’t say what this translation does. He actually says, “You saved me, Sonic.”

• thatnamelessguy says:

He probably built new ones. I don’t know why, but if he took them here, they must serve some purpose.

2. TrueBlue170 says:

Cubot…? YES! I loved those two guys! Although I wonder how Eggman got them back? XD

• TrueBlue170 says:

And I’m saying this from reading that short transcript, I’ve sworn that I’m not watching any cutscenes until I (HOPEFULLY) get the game. :P

3. SonicSpinner says:

Ugh. Did they have to bring back Orbot and Cubot? And why is Tails hiding and acting like a damsel in distress? He should be a playable character, not a damsel in distress! Congratz fanbase, you got your wish and every character who isn’t Sonic got demoted to NPC status. Now we might never get to play as Tails and Knuckles in a main game again, I hope you’re proud of yourself.

4. Congratulations to you being a complaining brat about playing as people other than the guy who’s name is in the title.

• SonicSpinner says:

Really mature.

• He is mature. You’re the on complaining and B***ing.

• BlitznBurst says:

ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES WITH MY OPINION IS STUPID AND COMPLAINING OVER NOTHING BECAUSE IT’S MY OPINION AND MY OPINION IS THE RIGHT OPINION

• SonicMaster23 says:

I agree that Sonic should be the focus of the series, but at the same time I would occasionally like to play as other characters like Tails or Knuckles, so I can see where SonicSpinner is coming from.

• TripleGamer3k says:

Gee…You are pretty full of your self.
            going to tell what soups i can and can’t eat to?

• BlitznBurst says:

Multiple characters was one of the many things that made S3&K an amazing game, and SEGA still refuses to add them because they have the bizarre notion that the fans hated more than one playable character. Fans didn’t hate previous Sonic games because they had multiple characters, SEGA, they hated them because the characters fucking sucked. If people don’t like the characters, don’t cut them out, make them better. Cutting them out entirely is just the lazy way out.

• That makes sense. Useful characters would be useful. Why has no one thought if this before?

• MasterOfSky says:

Well, I’d be happy not having Knux in the gameplay if he stayed out of the story,(he’s got the master emerald to guard, by now though I’m sure he’s got a guard dog to keep an eye on it when he’s out but if he’s gonna be there he might as well do something.

Tails would be an interesting character to see return in gameplay, but something tells me he won’t return for this one, even if we asked for it. The levels don’t seem suited for him (imagine havin to code Tail’s flight into the Mario Galaxy style gravity mechanic)

Shadow would be awkward since he has so much similarity to Sonic, the only difference is that Shadow can use vehicles or weapons, so seeing him return would be purely for story.

Amy is another character I would like to see stick to being there purely for story, just because she’s an amusing character but not one to play as.

All other characters aren’t worth mentioning except a few that can be retconned in a few seconds. Silver was killed off since his timeline was cut off, Blaze should stay in her dimension and Big/Cream should stick to being easter eggs.

• I constantly tell my friends because we have our little group of friends who love games, especially Sonic. That the problem with multiple playable characters aren’t the characters themselves. It’s the gameplay styles they’re forced to play with & we’re forced to deal with. Whenever there’s a Sonic game with multiple characters to play as, they should set it up like S3 & Knuckles, where everyone played almost exactly the same, but brought something different to the table.
        That’s what SEGA needs to do, if they ever decide to have something like that, like if they ever decide to make Sonic Adventure 3 or something close to that.
        Everyone should have the same goal, beat the level as fast as possible. No mech-shooting, no treasure hunting (although I did enjoy those stages from the Adventure series), AND NO FISHING!!!
        Everyone is the same, with something different.
        Like this:
        Sonic would obviously be the fastest character, he has the spin dash, homing attack, light speed dash, the wisp power-ups, the elemental shields, the super peel out, & now he can do parkour.
        Tails can fly, he has his tailswipe attack from SA1, he has the dummy rings bombs from Heroes & ’06, & he’s the smartest one out of the group of heroes.
        Knuckles can glide, climb up walls, he is the strongest one out of the group, he can do hand to hand combat with his powerful punches, & his dive attact from SA2 (I can’t remember what that’s called/)
        Amy should play like she did in Sonic Heroes, I LOVED HER IN HEROES!
        Where she was basically a pink Sonic, except not as fast, but still pretty fast. Give her a homing attack, & have her giant Hammer to make mince-meat out of bigger enemies.
        Shadow would be exactly like Sonic, except with some ups & downs, more combat-oriented, & he has more effective Chaos powers (Chaos Snap, Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, Chaos Control) AND DO NOT GIVE HIM VEHICLES OR GUNS!!
        But he can’t parkour, he can’t super peel out, & he doesn’t use the wisps.
        Why? In his words “I’m the ultimate life-form, I don’t need help from inferior aliens.”
        Lastly, Silver. #1 MAKE HIM FASTER!! Make he at least as fast as Sonic & Shadow. But instead of running or hover-skating, he would be using his psycho-kinesis to propel himself forward to incredible speeds. (Like he did in his opening cutscene from his story in Sonic ’06. Why would SEGA troll us like that?)
        And give him a homing attack as well, so that his telekinesis isn’t his only method of attacking.
        And that’s about it, for me.
        Blaze is perfectly fine the way she is!
        But that’s just me, what do you guys think?

• You mean complaining about not getting to play other characters who aren’t in the main title. Which is a shame. It’s not like games with a large roster can just name all the characters in the title. I’m pretty sure most Naruto games don’t name all the other playable characters in the title. I mean, in Sonic the characters are THERE and people want to play them so why not make them playable? It’s not like Sonic can’t still be the MAIN PLAYABLE CHARACTER just because others are there in addition to the experience as a whole. It’s strange that it’s a concept people seem to have a hard time getting.

Then again, this IS Sonic Stadium. What do I expect? XD

5. So I’m guessing we’re just going to forget Tails’ character development from Sonic Adventure. Y’know, where he found his resolve to be a hero in his own right, and even DEFENDED HIMSELF FROM EGGMAN AND SAVED STATION SQUARE BY HIMSELF. (Not to mention the classic games where you could complete them as Tails alone. Though those scenarios may be noncanon.)

6. I’m not saying I don’t support other playable characters. I just hate people complaining about wanting to play as tails or knuckles when they aren’t and it’s a sonic game.

• BlitznBurst says:

You do realise there’s a reply button right

• I guess that means Sonic 2, 3, & Knuckles, Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, Riders, Zero Gravity, Free Riders, Black Knight, Chronicles, and many others aren’t Sonic games by your definition.

• SuperSonicRush says:

Excellent point! Wow don’t you feel stupid now.

• thatnamelessguy says:

Or advance. I looked through every comment above this and no one mentioned advance in this argument. Why does nobody ever care about advance? It’s exactly what a lot of people wanted. Like a good Sonic 4. And my favorite part was the MULTIPLE CHARACTERS. In fact, I think that was the first (non-spinoff) sonic game with more than three character

• THANK YOU! FOR A WHILE NOW I WAS THINKING I WAS THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH WHO PLAYED AND REMEMBERS THE ADVANCE GAMES! Those games are the perfect example of what a Sonic game should be like; especially how a multiple playable characters situation should be displayed and handled. I grew up on mainly Sonic advance 2 and I am sure it was just as good as growing up on Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Sonic Advance 1, 2, or 3 would have made a much better Sonic the Hedgehog 4 than Sonic the hedgehog four episode one. The Sonic Advance series deserves much more respect.

• SuperSonicRush says:

They should’ve called sonic advance sonic 4, it actually feels more like the classic games than sonic 4 episodes 1 and 2 ever did. I support your comment all the way, the advance games were great for there time and still are.

• Wot
        I just meant look at Mario.
        Only he’s playable basically
        Except for side games. Like sonic.
        So all I meant was to me I didn’t need more playable characters other than sonic every sonic game. I think of all those games as sonic games even with more than sonic playable
        What I’m trying to say is I like other playable characters but I’m not gonna complain about not having others playable. Especially if they’re shoved down your throat like in adventure 2.
        @supersonicrush not rly Bak off pls I never called you or anything stupid

7. WittyUsername says:

Sonic backing away? Good.

Sonic didn’t Mary-Sue is way through the combat? Good.

Eggman’s toys being proved to be preeeeeeeeeeeetty fucking dangerous? Good.

Eggman not shown to do anything cool? Not good. But that, hopefully, will be resolved later.

Seriously, though, Eggman better get revenge for the damage to his glorious Eggmobile and insult to his more glorious mustache.

• 1. That isn’t really a notable thing. Unless you mean him retreating for Tails’ saftey, than its okay.

2. The Mary-sue combat part would only apply here if he was actually fighting the D6 with much ease and not the robots of a guy he’s been defeating how many times now?

3. They have increased fire power, yet still just as easily breakable as before.

4. Its just one cutscene, that shows what we already knew about the D6 and Eggman. There’ll be more time for Eggman’s notabilities.

8. TrueBlue170 says:

If Sonic Colours is anything to go by (figuring out what Sonic needed to do with his gadgetery, basically taking a bullet for Sonic by pushing him away from the mind-control beam), I don’t think that Tails will be a “damsel-in-distress” throughout the whole game. This is one cutscene. I’m not going to jump to conclusions.

• Super Tails says:

Well, it’s good to not jump to conclusions, but the problem for some people, I think, and myself included, is that Tails should be better than what was show here, based on what Tails has already been through in the series. I mean, considering how many robots Tails has dealt with previously, his devotion to Sonic, and the courage he has been shown to muster, why then is he hiding behind a rock doing nothing instead of trying to fight? It really is as though his only purpose is to make Sonic look better, give Sonic the center stage.

But you’re right it’s all yet to be seen how Tails and the rest of the cast will be portrayed in the game, ultimately. I’m just worried, is all, and Iizuka’s recent comments only make it worse for me. And I know Tails deserved better than what was shown here.

• MasterOfSky says:

Even Sonic ran away from this one. Do you think Tails will dive head first into a battle that even the FTA(reference intended) skipped out on this fight?

• To be honest, the fact that Sonic ran away to me kinda bothers me. Only because the situation didn’t seem that bad for a Sonic game. I feel like he only ran away because Tails and Eggman fell and he couldn’t protect them. He could’ve easily taken out the badniks and bonked the six of them on their heads if he didn’t have to make sure that the weak Eggman and Tails didn’t get shot while he wasn’t looking.

• Sonic’s been surrounded and taken them on before…
            Also I know they were probably trying to make the buzzbommer’s “bullets” look like they did in the classic games but it kinda just looked cheap to me. So yeah, it didn’t seem so bad to me either and I was also bothered. I expected him to drop off tails and go back to grab Eggman, then take them all on.

• and this may not be the entire cutscene. maybe there are other reasons tails was behind the wall. but the deadly six showed a great power. Tails had nothing to do in that fight, neither did Sonic or Eggman

• Michael E. says:

I’d rather Colors not be something we go by when it comes to how Tails was incorporated. Everything Tails told him, by the point he did tell Sonic, was either something he already had knowledge of or something we were already doing. Like when Tails said they had to destroy five generators and yet at that point Sonic had already destroyed two of them and already said he saw the map with the five planets before hand, which means that he was already going to each place and coincidentally already destroying the generators there. And even then it didn’t matter because the Ferris Wheel robot got it’s part lodged in the mind control cannon and blew up, meaning Sonic could’ve just gone home after the first boss was beaten and Eggman would’ve done himself in the instant he tried to fire that cannon.

• Not to mention Tails, for some reason, thought everything was fine when Sonic was suspicious of Eggman only to find out he was right. It’s not like he had any doubt in his mind, of course. Sonic was WAY ahead of Tails. It’s like Tails thinks he’s moved on to a desk job like his hero work was for kids and he thinks he’s a man now, but needs to snap back into “reality” (lol) and realize he’s the action-packed sidekick to an action-packed hero.

9. To everyone complaining about scaredy-cat Luigi-I MEAN TAILS:

1. He was hiding behind a rock trying to protect himself. What was he going to do? Homing attack every enemy? No, there were too many, and not even Sonic could handle them all.

2. Tails FELL down after getting blasted. I don’t see all the hate there. HE FELL. He couldn’t have saved himself.

3. Also, it’s likely we didn’t see the whole cutscene. We have no idea how Tails eneded up there. Maybe Sonic told him to stay back just incase things get ugly or something.

4. You cannot use Tails from SA as an example. That was EGGMAN we were talking about. Tails obviously is not scared of him anymore. This is the DEADLY SIX though.

• Finally someone understands! Also sonic consider tails his younger bro. So why wouldn’t he protect his bro? ^O^

• I actually smiled when Sonic saved him. :)

But apparently, any character that gets rescued by Sonic would now be considered useless. :/ Gotta love them Sonic fans.

• Well, any character that shouldn’t need to be saved.

I wonder if anyone would smile if Shadow were surrounded but a small group of motobugs and acted as if he were trapped and had nothing he could do til Sonic came in, grabbed Shadow, jumped out with him and then went back to destroy the… 5… motobugs.

Everyone would be all like “There wasn’t anything he could do! He was surrounded! If he tried to do anything they woulda got him! But Sonic saving him put a smile on my face cuz Sonic’s my hero! *u* Poor Shadow. Seeing him scared is so cute!” AND ALL THAT CRAP! :U

You might be saying “Well yeah but Shadow’s supposed to be tough like Sonic so he wouldn’t need to be saved” except that’s the whole damn point. SO IS TAILS! He only seems weak because you’ve been brainwashed to see him that way due to games of late. Even games before where he was more involved they water it down, make you not focus on it, make him seem generic or give him stupid ways of fighting like ring bombs or *laughs* whatever the hell that gadget was in Sonic Battle that makes you wanna cry for him.

When you look back at Sonic 2 and 3&K and SA1 you kinda wonder what it’d be like if Tails were like that then.

• I didn’t mind the fact that Tails got rescued. …but the way he grabbed tails looked really awkward, like he was barely holding onto him. What can I say, I’m nitpicky.

• I think most people had forgotten the part that Sonic & co. was dealling with the DEADLY SIX ; brand new crazy enemies that empowered the badniks to turn against Eggman. If they were strong enough to get eggman running & empower his own creations, then who knows how strong they would be, regardless if Sonic had wiped out all of the badniks; he still has to deal with the deadly six & they probably know nothing about them. aybe Sonic had told Tails to stay back because of these reasons exactly, & the ones you listed. Who knows, but I hardly find him a wimp in a cutscene that was clearly shortened.

• I hope Sonic went back to take them on. Sure, they control Eggman’s robots, But Sonic took on Chaos (immune to bullets) without knowing a thing except the police were after him. It’s not like Sonic has issues with stranger danger. =P

10. TheDanimator says:

I think people are being too critical on how Tails was portrayed here.
    I agree he should be more Sonic Adventure esque but
    this cutscene was a minute long for christ sakes.
    Lets not assume Tails is worthless or developed poorly just yet.

• You’re being too soft, Dan.

This isn’t just one cutscene. It’s like saying the stupid running animation of Eggman as he retreated wasn’t enough to tell Eggman isn’t going to be like in SA2, but all goofy as heck like in every game since Unleashed. In one scene they managed to capture the entirety of their personalities portrayed in Unleashed onward as it is. We KNOW already.

I mean we already know Tails is kidnapped as well as Knuckles and Amy. People accept it cuz they’re always kidnapped. But we just sigh and let it go. But when we see stuff like this, we see WHY he was freakin in danger in the first place and are reminded that he’s Princess Peach. He’s supposed to be Yoshi! Amy being the Damsel? Okay. I can see that. She can fight but she’s not a “fighter”. But Tails and Knuckles? They can FIGHT and they get kidnapped more than Princess Elise. (Come to think of it, why did they give Peach the ability to fight and fend for herself only for her to still constantly be kidnapped and rescued by Mario? Now they’re BOTH stupid… lol)

So we’re not being too critical. Like I wasn’t expecting it at first. I was just kinda like “okay… whatever” but I got more and more annoyed knowing about it. So then I thought I’d be the only one. I look all around here and see TONS of people saying it. I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE! o: So obviously what I was feeling wasn’t just me. This is the actual case. And being a big fan of Tails, not to sound like an obsessed fanboy, but it really does kinda hurt. Because I grew up with these guys! I’ve never been obsessed with them like some people, I mean it’s a VIDEO GAME, but what this game is doing is actually getting to me as a fan.

And the thing is, SEGA doesn’t see it. Tails being rescued here, it doesn’t stand out to them. It’s”same old same old” for them. Maybe it’s because Sonic 4 episode 2 came out AFTER Generations. He was actually cool there but seems to be only cuz it’s based on the classics with no outward perspective of Tails in general. And now we’re reminded that Tails is a freakin liability for Sonic and Sonic would be better off if Tails just stayed safe with Amy and Cream. That’s what Tails is now. Tails is Cream as a boy. Except Cream has an excuse, and even then she can still fight on her own!!

• SiLeNtDo0m says:

Please take a moment to let it sink in how asinine most of this comment is. This is literally just one isolated cutscene that’s not put into any sort of proper context, and not even the full one yet. Consequently you cannot seriously tell me that you now know the entire basis of how the character is now in this game from this small, insufficient cutscene? And the whole kidnapping thing is something you literally pulled out your ass and made up based on NOTHING. There has been NO INSTANCE so far in this game that even suggests Tails or Knuckles have been kidnapped in anyway.

• It’s not asinine. I’m talking to someone I actually know for starters. It changes how you approach a person.

Secondly, it’s been explained over and over. There is no “We haven’t seen how he’ll play out in the game YEEEEEET” crap. We’ve already seen it. This is in addition to what we’ve seen. This is why I’m saying he was being too soft. It sounds like you’re making excuses. If he were any different than I’m expecting in the rest of the game, this scene wouldn’t have played out the way it did with Tails. And if it did it’d be even more stupid.

And what do you mean “the entire basis of how the character is IN THIS GAME”? It’s the basis of how he is right now PERIOD. That’s the whole point. Is that really why you people keep saying “we don’t know yet?” Do you somehow see each game as it being completely different or something? Cuz it’s been exactly the same for almost half a decade at LEAST. This is something I gently complained about 3 or 4 years ago. Back when it was just something I didn’t like. Now it’s just over. Someone said it plainly. They completely shat on Tails’ character. It’s already DONE. There is no assumption. It’s a frustrated reflection.

And it only fuels the flames to see people respond this way. For example. You’re asking me if I’m basing this on one little cutscene, because it’d be ridiculous to do that. And you’re right! It IS ridiculous. That should tip you off that I’m not basing it on JUST this cutscene.

I’m an optimist for crying out loud! I know how to look on the bright side. And I can se the bright side. Doesn’t mean I can’t be upset about the negative side or pretend it doesn’t exist. That’s called over-optimism. It means there’s too much, which itself is a bad thing.

And no, the kidnapping thing was something I read a while back. I understood that Sonic was to rescue Tails, Knuckles and Amy and this is how I was informed they were in the game. My thoughts were that it’d remind me of Sonic Advance but in 3D at first. Though I forgot to mention I wasn’t actually sure this was accurate anymore. At least here (I mentioned it on another site). Either way, without knowing that you just made the assumption that I “made it up” rather than having heard it somewhere. Or at least making a mistake. And you call me asinine.

Speaking of which, go look up the word “literally” because I don’t think you’re using it properly.

11. To Ricardo
    I like how you see the good in all things Sonic, but it is terrible not to see the bad in somethings. I used to be just like you a couple years ago and always tried to defend in someway. Being a Sonic fan DOES NOT MEAN LIKING EVERYTHING OR DEFENDING A GAME AND IGNORING THE FAULTS.

That said, it is stupid for tails to be hiding since he is Sonic’s sidekick who has helped him in battle against multiple obstacles. Some on his own( Egg walker, saving Station Square etc) saying because he tripped is a bad excuse. Does Batman tell robin to stay behind, NO!
    Tails is supposed to be a Sidekick, a protege, and a little brother, that does not only rely on Sonic
    By the way if SA does not count, how about Metal Madness, or ANY OTHER BOSS FROM HEROES, what about the side games, Advance, CHRONICLES?

• MasterOfSky says:

Sonic the Hedgehog, someone Tails looks up to and is not as powerful or as skilled as, had to run from this fight. What the fuck will he be able to do? Plus, the fight scene didn’t last very long, so we have no idea what really was going on. Sonic probably told him to hide because he knew this fight would be tough, like six boss fights at the same time. Sonic couldn’t risk his friend like that, so he told him to hide if anything went pear shaped.

• Michael E. says:

I gotta say, I don’t think that’s how Tails should be handled. Tails was originally introduced as Sonic’s right hand. He ran through the same levels as Sonic and fought the same stuff as Sonic. Literally he did all through Heroes and even fought against the Metal Overlord right next to him. He took down the Egg Walker by himself and invaded Prison Island on his own accord.

Seeing all that and then going here where Tails is actively hiding behind a rock before anything starts to actually happen isn’t going to sit well for his portrayal. Especially since Sonic should know how Tails can take care of himself by now.

• Tails not being able to do anything because of the same reason Sonic had to run away. Tails not being able to do anything IS the reason Sonic had to run away.

12. Not gonna lie, with all the comments complaining, I would rather have Tails be a full on Princess Peach of a damsel in distress than see another cutscene where Tails is doing boring crap with a bunch of gadgets spouting technobabble in the sidelines. Other than that I like where the game’s story is headed.

13. I like how everyone is just throwing a FIT, about Tails being rescued in this cutscene, I mean REALLY, why the hell is this such a problem? Can you guys not find anything else better to bitch about?
    And for Christ sake, Get over it about other characters not being playable, it doesn’t ruin the game for you, and if you really want to it, I’m sure you’ll be glad to go back and 06 to fulfill you’re satisfaction

• Or just play Sonic 2, or 3 and Knuckles, or any Advance game(Sonic games that acually were apauld for having mutiple characters)MAYBE its we want them playable without mechs or treasure hunting….
      Yeah right.(sarcasam)
      Maybe you should stop and think before replying like how you did not for your comment

14. Skullcrushin says:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they are moving tails away from being a fighter to more of a maturing intellectual, given how he was the one responsible for figuring out his and sonic’s situation in both colours and generations (and how sonic may best approach said situation). Cannot blame tails for going for cover when facing foes he has no clue about, at least when he went up against Eggman, he has had plenty of prior experience. Wouldn’t mind seeing Eggman and Tails work together on some machine of awesomeness as a solution for their predicament.

• MasterOfSky says:

Eggman and Tails working together to build something could be so adorable, since they’re the two brains of the franchise it would be great to see them bickering about how to fix something up.

• Too Lazy To Think Of A Username says:

Agreed. I keep forgetting that Sonic and Eggman have to work together. ^^;

15. I think we can all agree: the Tails fanbase is pretty damn pissed off.
    It’s clear why he’s the 3rd most popular character.

16. Too Lazy To Think Of A Username says:

Meh, one of the only things that bothered me was the way Sonic carried Tails. I mean, what is he, a LOG? Seriously…At least grab him by the hand or something. Or carry him BRIDAL STYLE. I DON’T CAAAARE.

17. -sighs-

A whole new cut scene showing some of the coolest and darkest stuff in years and everybody blows up over Tails who is hiding behind an object, can’t see whats coming, and get’s blown a few feet away from where he was standing to get saved by Sonic.

Personally, I think it’s cool and I feel disappointed at how Tails fans are reacting to SEGA’s hard work. Fans have demanded a more darker and serious story, and once they make it and finally cause serious pain to a character as part of said story, nobody wants it anymore.

I approve of everything seen in this cut scene and love the plot thus far in it’s entirety, and i’m happy they are giving other characters the spotlight in certain cut scenes alongside Sonic to show they aren’t forgotten. Maybe not playable, but if SEGA never intended for them to be playable again, they wouldn’t be here period like the truly retired characters.

I thank SEGA, and I thank others mature enough to think and feel the same as me. This game i turning out to be spectacular from the stage design, game play, and story.

And in my opinion, emptier and wider open spaces are how Sonic should be more often so you feel as free as you did in the 90′s. The game’s back then would have looked just as empty in Lost World if they were made 3D, but they were made in 2D so you didn’t really care how it would have been in 3D. You have to consider that as well.

Civilizations are not what make Sonic stages, and in the past, didn’t exist period asides a casino stage and Eggman’s factories pretty much. Untamed lands are Sonic’s original home turf and it’s good to see him returning to where he belongs in a free world untouched by people.

• i couldnt agree more.

• Michael E. says:

I don’t there’s anything wrong with pointing out a problem you have with the way you feel a character is being incorporated. I can understand Tails fans in particular being upset that after fighting the Egg Walker in Adventure, invading Prison Island by himself in Adventure 2, fighting literally everything Sonic does in Heroes including the final boss, and going off on his own mission to rescue the President in a side mission in Shadow’s game from an army of aliens he ends up in this game hiding behind a rock before any of the action has even started. Already not planning on standing by Sonic’s side like he did before. It’s really been quite a long time since he’s done anything outside of just be the guy who gives the plot dump and flies the plane. Seeing this isn’t going to make them any happier.

• Don’t be a copy and paste troll of the other fans comments. You just look all the more hopeless and immature as a fan with a mind closed in a closet of your own preferences which will never help the series or push it forward.

TWO moments when Tails was more important. Not enough moments to earn his character a permanent change to be as such. Which is why they changed him back to his original role from Heroes through today.

He was created for the sole purpose of being Sonic’s sidekick, fan, and little brother.

Get over it and let SEGA continue improving the series and open your mind so you can appreciate Sonic again too.

• Michael E. says:

Copy and paste troll of other fans’ comments? Everything I said was from me dude. And what’s with all the degrading remarks in your posts. Actively trying to insult people and start fights isn’t going to make your argument look better. I didn’t say anything that was outlandish or the slightest bit trollish. Your reaction to it is very immature though. Looking down on people and calling them hopeless and close-minded because they’re presenting another side of the argument in a respectful manner that doesn’t in any way demean your side of the argument is not very smart.

What two moments are you talking about? And the problem is that he doesn’t have his original role back because he’s not doing as much as he used to. We all agree that he’s supposed to be his sidekick but the kind of sidekick he is in relation to his portrayal as of recent isn’t at all how he was. He did more then give exposition and stay out of fights. He’s Sonic’s right hand. He’s always been at his side.

And again, the reason people can highlight this as something that needs improving on is because they’re recognizing more areas where they need improvement. It’s because they’re opening their mind. And who said anyone stopped appreciated Sonic?

If anyone comes into this being rude or immature or nasty or outright dismissive of all of Sonic Team’s efforts than I understand why you’d make a response like this. But backlashing so hard because people are pointing out a legit flaw in how they’re handling Tails’ character isn’t showing a lack of respect for everything else they’ve done and it isn’t something you tell the fans to just get over either. Problems need to be addressed and so long as they’re addressed respectfully, there should be no reason to demean someone for pointing them out. And if you don’t agree, than that’s just a separate opinion that also deserves respect.

I didn’t condemn you for what you were saying. Why would you condemn others for simply disagreeing?

• You are a poor and pathetic fan. That long of a rant against me trying to make me out as pathetic or what have you is whats immature. You may call me an attacker but i’m making sure people whining over the issue get some common sense pounded in their heads. SEGA can’t please the stubborn. -_-

Sorry but I see no point in responding to you further over this Tails issue.

See you in a few years when you grow up and love Sonic and his games for what they are instead of focusing on only your ideals.

• Michael E. – “Actively trying to insult people and start fights isn’t going to make your argument look better.”

Chris K. – “You are a poor and pathetic fan.”

Wow. -_-;

• Michael E. says:

That’s not what I did at all. That wasn’t even a rant. You didn’t even read it.

• Pssh. What a load of crap.

I actually really liked the cutscene overall. Just because I really like one thing doesn’t mean I can’t really like another. I’m not bashing the scene alone. I’m peeved about Tails’ treatment in general and it’s getting really annoying to see people try and defend this and say some things as if they don’t freakin see what Tails fans are talking about. We’re pointing out the EXACT problem extremely clearly. It’s not some vague nitpick. It’s straight forward. There’s a lot of people saying it and we’re getting more and more detailed saying it because it’s getting annoying how much detail is required for anyone to get the picture. And even then I feel like other people defending it are just ignoring it, paying only attention to the fact that we’re saying it and going “ugh… just give it a rest” but pretty much just blowing it off.

And people really need to stop calling this dark just because Sonic actually had to fight something other than a ferris wheel for a change! My goodness, Chaos was darker than these CLOWNS. The only thing somewhat threatening about them is that there’s 6 of them. But if Tails would freakin FIGHT and Knuckles and Amy too, it’d be a lot less “dark” it’d seem. And if Rouge and Shadow were in the game and helped out, it’d be 6 on 6, and it’d be a lot less “worrisome”.

I don’t buy that Sonic actually takes them seriously. The fact that he had to say it and Cubot had to say “These guys mean business!” as if it’s a big deal compared to stuff their own boss has done in the past, and the fact that they add a FEW dark-ish lines like “kill the fat man!” makes it feel really forced. (I mean most of the revealed lines ppl called dark wasn’t even dark aside from a few minor aspects of certain lines, and even then, like I said, it’s forced)

• Emi Kremer says:

I love this guy. :) He’s doing it right. People shouldn’t freak out about Tails hiding behind a rock. If you wanna play as him, please, go back to Chronicles, and Advance. I’m sure you’ll find it satisfying. I’m loving how this game looking, along with this guy. ^^

18. TheBlackHoodedGamer says:

While Tails hasn’t been anything like his old self from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 to Sonic Heroes lately, I see nothing wrong with this cutscene. In fact, I find it pretty amusing! If this game is filled with these kinds of cutscenes, I’m sure the game will have a story that interests me. It’s not like Tails could honestly do anything here anyway, so I see no reason to complain, especially when he tried to hide. Plus, even Sonic ran from this one! I don’t know why he chooses to run now, instead of in Sonic and the Black Knight when he was near death by the likes of Merlina, but hey… I like how the badniks are portrayed to be pretty threatening here! I mean, good lord, when used to their full potential, Buzz Bombers can really wreck shit up! Another thing I wonder, however, is how Orbot and Cubot got back… maybe we’ll get a humorous explanation as to them coming back… or maybe Eggman built new ones. Either way, I liked this scene. Also, it seems maybe Eggman joins your side once you get to the Desert Ruins… hm. One last thing, am I the only one who was actually surprised by the attacks against Eggman? It’s nothing new, but it seems more apparent here. I wonder if maybe someone gets injured… Oh, possibilities.

• I think Sonic and Eggman will have already teamed up before that cutscene. They both retreated and were on the same side, as in, Sonic and Eggman were on one side while the D6 were on the other.

• TheBlackHoodedGamer says:

Now that I think about it, I guess that is true, seeing as in the beginning of the scene, the badniks were pointed at the Zeti. Also, it seems we definitely now have some kind of answer to why the badniks are still attacking us. Though honestly, I expected nothing else.

• Yeah that’s what I was thinking too when someone told me this is where they betrayed Eggman.

I was thinking it looked more like they were counter-attacking. Eggman already had badniks facing them like he was against them and Sonic was behind the badniks like Eggman and even Tails was hiding on the opposite side of the rock.

I feel like they were maybe half teamed up. Confronting their bullies, THEN punked out for the sake of making the Zeti look “threatening”. lol

19. Just to let people know, my translation for the SLW cutscene is not 100% accurate. It’s very rough and kinda rushed because I was in the middle of getting ready for work when I did it.

• Good enough for me, thanks! Though through localization, some words/sentences will probably be changed (according to your rough translation).

20. There can never be a sonic game without complaints can there? -_-

• Short answer: Nope!

Long answer: You have to keep in mind that this is the Sonic fanbase. There are going to be complaints about pretty much everything. No matter how insignificant. Especially for the more story-driven games.

• What about the one time it IS a significant complaint? Like this whole Tails fiasco.

Be glad that no one’s really complaining about anything insignificant like Sonic’s eye-color or voice actors anymore.

• Meh, I wouldn’t consider it a significant problem until the game comes out and the whole “Tails thing” isn’t properly explained or at least didn’t make sense. I believe it will make sense once the game comes out and we see what’s going on with this scene.

Also complaints regarding Sonic eye-color are pointless because he’s had green eyes for fifteen years now & voice acting is going to be controversial no matter how good or bad it is so nothing can be done regarding that.

21. Vincent Giannell says:

How could the Deadly Six control Eggman’s robots?

22. I hate it when SEGA gets the wrong idea that more playable characters in sonic games make it worse… The reason why past sonic games were fun, no matter how criticized, were because of more playable characters… The reason why many people were complaining about the characters was not because they were there, it’s because they were not worked as hard as sonic, they were just put there and that’s it… They should put more effort in the other characters as how they put effort on sonic, not just forget about them and leave them… Make them better… Why not start with Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Amy?… Make them better…

23. Cool cutscene, I like the actual feeling of a story in a new Sonic game, can’t wait to see more of it.

BTW, do anyone else wonders why half of the Deadly Six are wrapped in black?

• TheBlackHoodedGamer says:

First off, nice pun there, but I still am required by pun law to say, “boooooooooo….!”

Second, I too wonder that. Is it to try and keep them a secret or something? If so, the game really fails at doing that when they’re on the cover. ._. Is it to put more emphasis on the three attacking?

• They all attack. Well with the mind control. Unless you meant physically in which case it’s 2.

I think it’s just that they hadn’t been completely introduced in the story yet.

• @TheBlackHoodedGamer
          @Axx

Well, somewhere (don’t remember where) I read the betrayal thing is going to happen at the middle of the story, so perhaps Sonic already fought and beat those 3 Zetis and that’s why they are black, but is still weird; too black, too strong.

• lol I get it.

But yeah I think that might be it. I mean, for half of them to be revealed I’d say they’re probably right about in there. I’m not sure I’m all that thrilled about the story. From the looks of them, I don’t really see how Eggman could possibly even think he could harness their powers. Unless he was trying to imprison them.

Then again I also have a hard time wrapping my finger around Sonic taking them seriously. It was a cool cutscene, nonetheless. Regardless of the few nitpicks I had. They were just really big nitpicks and it got to me so easy this time.

I think I’ve earned my chance to nerd rage for all my friends the first time in my life tho. XD

24. Interesting cut scene. Crazy guy lives up to being crazy. Love the Japanese voices too~

As for Tails, really, I’m going to assume that he hid behind the rocks once the attack started. We don’t actually see him (not that I looked very hard) up front, which could mean he was off screen, and was wise enough to duck behind something when all heck broke loose.

I do agree, however. Sonic carrying him looked incredibly stiff and awkward. Plus, one arm, apparently Sonic has super strength now XD Or Tails is just very, very light. So the only thing I didn’t like was just how he carried him XD

• Orbot turned out better than Tails did… ironic

• I don’t see what that has to do with my comment ._.’

And I like Orbot so :P

• You said he was wise enough to duck behind something, which is what got him hurt yet Orbot didn’t hide and he remained fine. And he doesn’t even have legs…. He’s Orbot. lol Cubot is kinda stupid so it makes sense.

To be fair, Eggman didn’t get hit either. Who were the badniks shooting at? Seems like besides that one buzz bomber, they were shooting in that general direction and Sonic was the only one dodging. I mean, Zazz and Zomzom seemed to have no fear jumping to the Eggmobile while firing so I assume the badniks weren’t that much of a threat. lol

• Ah, all right XD

Badniks were never terrible accurate in the first place XD

• Well, yeah. Badniks aren’t really the toughest of the bunch. Which is why I think it’s weird that they’re acting like they’re somehow tough now. Granted, Motobugs are fast now and stuff like that. But they’re not exactly boss battles.

I like the scene overall, like Sonic’s jumping and his attitude. Like it looks cooler than I expected and I’m glad. I’m not raging about Tails’ character, of course. Just disappointed with a lot to say. I’m not a fan of the graphics or art style of the world. But the design of the stage as a STAGE for gameplay is pretty sweet. So it’s not all bad. I still am not very excited for the game but I think it looks fun and AM liking it more each time at least. =p

25. I love how everyone is arguing over Tails in this cutscene! It shows how popular Tails actually is! :D
    Other than that, I have an overall positive response from watching this cutscene.

• I also love how Dr. Eggman face-plants into the ground when he falls out of the Egg Mobile.

26. I just pictured this scene had Tails fought. Like a buzzbomber that Sonic doesn’t notice aims for him. Tails jumps in and gets its attention for a second and then Sonic attacks it while it’s off guard. He thanks thanks Tails and jumps into action as does Tails.

Tails spins through a row of snails as Sonic homes across a row of buzzbombers from the sides. Then Tails turns back around and tornado-tails his way through the next row of snails as Sonic does his Lost World long-distance homing attack chain across the next row of buzz bombers.

They see Zazz and Zomzom creep up on Eggman after their landing, the whole jumping thing being seen alternatively along with Sonic and Tails fighting previously. As they creep up on the now-vulnerable Eggman, they are unexpected bonked in the heads by Sonic and Tails in a ball, who knock the two heads together before bouncing back up in the air and then landing next to the knocked-out zetis. Eggman grumbles and runs as Sonic and Tails look back and see the other 4 zeti try to grab them cuz they’re becoming an issue. But like the teaser trailer, Sonic just runs and slides past them, only Tails does too.

Sonic spins into one’s stomach as he attempts to pounce him while Tails jumps over one and flips, whipping the other with his Tails. Sonic jumps up as Tails flies by and lifts his legs as 2 others try to ram into him from opposite directions, thus accidentally ramming into each other below Sonic who then kicks them to the ground with his feet.

Sonic and Tails both land in front of the zeti lying around getting up slowly and see the army of badniks. Tails asks if he thinks they can take them. Sonic says they can but it’s too many to handle at once and would be a major drag and Tails suggests spreading them out to which Sonic says is a good idea. Looking back at the Eggmobile empty Sonic rolls his eyes and reluctantly says they should check and see if Eggman’s okay.

Sonic and Tails look at the zeti as they look back at Sonic and Tails. Sonic zips off and Tails winks and zips off as well, cuz he can do that! :U

Sonic and Tails are speeding away and stop as they notice Eggman and his robots hiding. Eggman is displeased to see them and they ask if he’s okay. Eggman gripes sarcastically about how good ol’ Sonic and Tails come to his rescue. We can fade out here.

Already I feel like this would’ve sat well with people a lot more and still woulda been all the stuff that made this scene cool. So the people who liked the scene would still like this. The only difference is? TAILS ISN’T A PUNK AND WE DON’T PRETEND THE SKITTLE RANGER SKYLANDER CLOWNS ARE SCARY. C:

• Get over it.

• Boy if only you could actually say that to the fanbase in general huh?
        You realize how contradicting that statement is coming from you in your current position? lol

• Michael E. says:

There’s something wrong with this guy. For some reason he reads every reply to him like it’s a personal attack against him and just considers people who disagree with him pathetic and stubborn. It’s really jarring.

27. KaBlamJamDan says:

OK, I’m getting a tad angry at everyone complaining about Tails being a “Damsel in distress”, Like let be realistic, If you are a 12 year old (I’m not sure what tails Official age is)boy who is really smart, but probably not really strong, would you just jump in and fight? No! And besides, Tails was probably

A. Was thinking up a plan

B. Was building something that may Aid Sonic and Eggman in battle

Or C. Told to stay put and hide behind something.

And just like Ricardo said, He fell after being blasted away, so of course he can’t save himself.
    Would you let a Friend just fall down and become open to shoot at? I would do the same thing as Sonic and save them.

You guys just need to relax, it just ONE cutscene that we only seen half of, and there maybe a ton more in the game we haven’t seen.

• He’s 8.

He’s really smart and is not only probably strong, but IS strong. It’s been witnessed.

Sonic just jumped in and fought. Because he’s strong. I guess the only reason we know he’s strong without looking at his track record is that he’s the title character. That’s the only difference.

If you’re so mad about people complaining, try reading WHY they’re complaining so you don’t accidentally do what half of the complaints are about by saying what you just said. I’m not trying to be mean or rude. I’m trying to be nice and inform you before someone else gets pissy at you and starts a flame war. I’ve already kinda just went on a frustration spree earlier, as you can see. XD Someone else might do the same.

• KaBlamJamDan says:

Yea.. sorry about that, but it still a bit silly that people is complaining about one cutscene though, but anyway, 8? I thought Tails was only 8 year old in Sonic Heroes, heck, he doesn’t even look nor sound like 8, so that why I thought he was 12 year old… then again, Sonic Team is kinda ass when sticking to the canons of the games

• They’re not complaining about one cutscene. Like I said, read what it is they’re actually talking about. =p

And yeah. He’s 8. lol I’ve known their ages for a while even before Sonic Heroes stated them in their little guide book thingy and such. Their ages in Heroes are their current accurate ages unless a specific game say it takes place otherwise like in Chronicles and I think 06?

Well what does an 8 year old 2 tailed kid fox video game character look like? lol There’s not much to compare it to. However Cream and Charmy are 6, Amy is 12 years old while Silver is 14, Sonic is 15 and Knuckles is 16, Rouge is 17, Big is 18 and Vector is 20 if that helps you somewhat see a scale of difference in ages for Sonic characters. XD

28. SuperSonicRush says:

The animation of this cutscenes is actually quite impressive,
    I’m starting to like this brighter more colorful world more than before….. Just trying to start a new topic besides this Tails fiasco.

29. Lucky Seven says:

HOW DOES EGGMAN ESCAPE THE VOID?!

• Maybe he doesn’t. Maybe when he returns the “present time” Eggman is simply there or something. idk. That game was pretty strange. I’m not sure I even understood how he made Time Eater. lol

• Keil Crimson says:

He beat Exdeath in a game of chess. That, or he just threatened him with an axe since he’s a tree. ¦D

• Maybe he is accidentally freed from the Void when the freedom fighters realize Naugus is back and try to open it to put him back in and…. um… wait what?

30. TheWardenOfSuperjail says:

It feels like this whole Tails thing is just a bandwagon everyone seemed to jump on. Like, one rotten fan decided to complain and suddenly every other fan seems to want to find something to complain about, so they all copy what that one rotten fan said. Next thing you know everyone is complaining about Tails’ actions. This is why the Sonic fanbase has such a bad name, they WANT something to complain about. And a lot of them seem to operate in the Simpsons angry mob style of thinking. I for one was just glad to see Tails in the freaking game in the first place.

• YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

EVERYBODY becomes a retarded copy and paste troll making someones comment lag on FOREVER.

• It might feel that way, but that’s probably because it’s a largely shared opinion that’s actually about something a lot of people think the same thing about. Which should give it more merit in of itself. If you pay attention to what we’re saying, we’re not just rampaging until we react to the ignorance. lol We’re listing reasons for disappointment. We complain when people try to defend it.

I’ve never really complained this much before. I am now and I feel like it’s justified. I don’t want something to complain about. That’s why I don’t usually complain and think “Okay people are overreacting” on a lot of things. Even with Tails some ppl might overreact and I probably sound like I am too simply cuz of the length of my comments. But, again, if you pay attention to what we’re saying you see that we’re actually talking about something here. It’s cool and all to be the good guy who doesn’t complain about everything, unless you go too far and just sugar-coat everything to do it.

Well I’m not going to do that. I’d rather keep my sanity and sensibility. I’m gonna go with my ONE ACTUAL complaint for a change. And for everything else, I’m going to see it for what it is rather than overreacting. Everyone’s so black and white on everything even to this day.

• Michael E. says:

No one wants to complain about this. The majority addressing it do legitimitely have a problem with how Tails has been portrayed as of recent. If the problem gets addressed respectfully and without anger or immature dis-illusion than there shouldn’t be a problem. In general if the fanbase tries to let them know that there’s something about the way things are being done that they want to see changed, more likely then not it has a chance at actually changing.

This isn’t something someone noticed just now. It’s been going on for a long while now. There’s no reason to make excuses and say it’s all of a sudden just a bandwagoning effect. That doesn’t make any sense.

31. I don’t know what’s worse, people complaining about Tails hiding behind the rock, or people complaining ABOUT the people complaining. Both sides have valid points.

To those who feel it is no big deal, the problem is that these people like to see Tails doing heroic things not necessarily connected to Sonic, or at least do a little more fighting. They see it as sort of a reversal of his characterization up until recently, and this cut-scene isn’t reassuring them.

To those upset about the scene, it is a single cut-scene. Actually, if you ask me I’d say it doesn’t even look like a whole scene, there could be a little more beforehand that wasn’t shown. Even if this is the whole scene there probably was another one not too long before this one, maybe right before a boss battle and this was right after or something. My point is, we don’t know for sure if there are other factors in play at this scene, and even if there weren’t there may be other points for Tails to be the hero you know he is. Don’t jump to conclusions.

As for the cut-scene itself, I must say it looks awesome! The badniks look so dangerous I doubt Sega will ever feel a need for robots like in 06 or Unleashed again. And the deadly six manage to knock Eggman out of his Eggmobile. Seriously, I could count on one hand the times I remember anyone else doing that, even Sonic.

About some things others have brought up: Orbot and Cubot were pushing the Eggmobile back to Earth (or Mobius or whatever) when he discovered the Time Eater, it stands to reason they could get back even faster without having anything to push (pictures them throwing a party while Eggman was away).

Eggman probably got out of the void when he finally found that door one of him saw, and as for the three Zetis in the dark, they are just covered in shadow.

• Well thanks for seeing both sides about it.

I see it from both sides too. But I’m not looking at just this cutscene. He just came off really lame. Maybe he will do something heroic, but the animation, dialogue, situation and record for this version of Tails seems to imply he’s not going to be all that great. The remark made about him before Sonic Colors, like they were explaining his personality to go along with the release of a specific game (as if we didn’t already know what it was, probably because they were basically announcing that it was changed so ppl wouldn’t be surprised in Sonic Colors even tho it was already like that in Unleashed basically) and then the comment about Sonics friends made a few days ago.

It’s all that combined. To be honest, I’m not actually angry. I’m disappointed. I just feel really disappointed is all. There’s just a lot to express. Long messages don’t mean someone’s raging (though I like to joke I am)

Plus I always have a lot of thought in my head, so I type a lot at moments. You can ask anyone who knows me. It annoys the fluff outta them. C: lol

• Uuuugggghhhh just shuuuuut uuuuuup about the Tails stuff!!!!!

Go whine about Tails wanting to fight in Colors and Sonic pushing him out of the spot light in Colors sending him back down on the elevator ride. How about that so this post can have some common sense and fun already?

Tails had the courage to show up on the planet alongsidfe Sonic so think about that as well and leeeeet iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt gooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

32. The translation can’t be quite right since, even as someone who doesn’t know the first thing about Japanese, Dr.Eggman clearly calls Orbot and Cubot by name.

• yellowstar says:

indeed ~ he’s probabley telling them to retreat aswell.

seeing eggman get attacted was awesome. poor eggmobile…

33. Now I know why the Sonic the Hedgehog fan base is like no other.

34. UltDevilDoom says:

What a bunch of immature losers.

35. Emi Kremer says:

does. He actually says, “You saved me, Sonic.”

36. yellowstar says:

im happy to see sonic homing attack in a cutscene.
    im happy to see eggman take a beating. (the bit where the purple one is hanging on is great).
    im happy to see sonic taking his BEST FRIEND to a safer place.

and yay for cubot and orbot returning ~

on youtube i see people going “whys it in fucking japanese, that sucks” – sonic is japanese you twits..

• No he’s not.

Unless you mean the franchise then yeah, it’s Japanese and comes to America. But Sonic is catered more towards American audiences. He and his own main villain are inspired by American icons. lol Sonic’s red, white and blue for crying out loud.

Though it is weird to complain that it’s in Japanese since it showed on a Japanese site. It’s not like every country has to do what the other is doing. Only problem with this scenario is I don’t hear anyone complaining about it being in Japanese. Maybe I’m just not paying attention to it…

• Keil Crimson says:

Of course they’re not complaining, because despite what you seem to think, yes. Sonic IS still Japanese just the same way that Mario is. It doesn’t matter what he’s catered towards or where he’s more popular at, to be more accurate, because he’s still Japanese first. The games are made and voiced over there first and have been since the beginning.

Seriously, how dense can American fans be? Whether it’s something out of Japan or Europe, they always seem to think everything “belongs” to them and should be prioritized to them.

No one has a problem with it right now because it’s normal considering who makes the games.

• They DO rule the oceans with their Navy though. And they control the other countries behavior with their other forces…

They basically do own the world!

At least… That’s what the commercials they air about their forces say…

37. Here’s a better translation:
    Zavok: Fire!

Zavok: This is just the beginning of your demise. Show them our strength and make them suffer!

Cubot: They’re trying to kill us!

Sonic: We need to think of a strategy… these guys aren’t messing around.

Tails: Thanks for the help, Sonic…

Eggman: Orbot! Cubot! We have to fallback!

* You can hear him saying “Orbot! Cubot!” In the clip.
    Hope this helps!

38. I hope they release more cutscenes at sonic boom 2013 :)

39. Emi Kremer says:

Ooh, I like that translation too! :D Then again, Japanese kanji can be confusing, and therefore there can be many possibilities of what they’re saying. In the end, it all leads up to the same meaning. :)

40. I agree to you all because these lines of the game is puting too much in to it because well…. lets just say its a little off

41. Bloody hell, this fanbase is disgusting.

42. Pingback: Extended Lost World First Cutscene Emerges at Sonic Boom | The Sonic Stadium

43. Poor you.

44. Yep. I recall 3 years ago Tails being declared as “not having an interest in Sonic’s adventures and being more interested in his gadgetry” by one of the developers. Or was it Iizuka himself? I don’t remember. It was when we were at this pre-release news stage of Sonic Colors. If they’d shown the scene where Sonic pushed Tails in the elevator it’d be the equivalent to this and ppl would say it didn’t represent how he acts in the whole game.

I guess they’re right. He wasn’t rescued the entire game. He was out of the way the whole time.

45. Oh wait, I remember your name. You’re the one someone said always either spits out jerk insults or rambles on about nothing complaints. Almost ironic that the one time you don’t like to hear a complaint is when it’s a reasonable one.

46. Christian…? What now? That a religious crack? In which case not funny. -_-

And this cut scene has flaws. The only flaw is that Tails fans are WAY too butt hurt over one simple moment.

And being 21, i’ve likely been with more than you the way your comment was typed so immaturely. -_-

In my defense as to your comment it’s clear i’m more of a fan than you’ll ever likely compare to.

You fight with me because i’ve been repeatedly posting comments based on positivity and getting over the Tails issue and you want to fit in with the other “fans” here at the moment.

Good luck with that man.

47. Really? This so called “reasonable complaint” is about Tails being shot at and hurt a little?

There is NO complaint here. Just butt hurt Tails fans.

Truth hurts.

48. Fun fact for someone who claims to know me via “that guy” I suppose.

When I complain it’s based on something actually ABLE to be complained about. Not some opinion over a cut scene where a character acts a certain way and get’s hurt a certain way.

Which is what this entire post has turned into throughout it’s comments and i’m trying to stop, as a proper and mature fan would who doesn’t favor any character over another and doesn’t care what is done with them in stories as long as the game play itself is good and stage design.

49. No it’s not about that.

And you’re right, the truth does hurt. We’re complaining about the truth. You don’t seem to know what it is.

50. The other truth is I don’t know you except on the internet, and even then I’ve just seen your comments.

In addition, I don’t remember who “that guy” was because as you can see there are quite a few of us on these sites.

And what I do know of you I don’t just know through that person. I’m merely saying out of all the people he was referring to, I finally remembered it was you.

When you complain it’s over something that doesn’t matter. This complaint does matter. It’s about the treatment of a whole damn character entirely.

51. Dude… Really? Your entire comment was pathetic. That is literally not even worth responding to. -_-

52. Thank you. And i’ve been trying to get the fans to silence out over the matter in reasonable and common sense terms. Luckily it seems to have paid off and worked as the comments have finally stopped thus far on the matter.

53. It all sounded good until you said “convince them through argument”.

I thought you were gonna say “then just let it go and don’t add fuel to the fire” or something.

Unless you meant “argument” as in making a counter-point. But it’d help if they did so in RESPONSE to our argument and not repeat what we’ve already responded to. Cuz if they do that, then we’re obviously right since we’ve already answered them but no one has answered us, because they can’t.

And I read below. Chris stated he was trying to “silence” us in a “reasonable” fashion… by flaming everyone. lol

54. Chris, from all the time I had been reading the comments here on T for as long as I rememebr, you are incredibly infamous here. You just tend to complain at people who view things diferently than you do. As onic would say, “That’s NO GOOD”.

Seriously mate, let them complain. They tend to bring up valid points whilst at the same time not bashing anyone else views on them. This is supposed to be a friendly website & your arrogance isn’t helping. & none of this “i’m more of a fan than you’ll ever likely compare to” bollocks unless you want the majority of the fanbase here to think of you as the Penelope Tate of the Sonic franchise.

Of course, you do make valid points as well, & I respect that, but you just need to understand the other sides of the argument/discussions & not complain at them for thinking otherwise.

55. *TSS, not T – my bad, shift button, is messed up. =S

56. *Sonic, not onic – damnit, got struck again!

57. This issue over Tails shot at in a cut scene is not a valid thing to complain about. I’m sorry to say that but it really isn’t and i’m glad the issue has finally stopped after my involvement in this post so people can move on and resume enjoying the game as a whole hopefully.