On your marks, get set, GO!… to your local game store, that is, because those of you who pre-order the upcoming Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed will be getting your mitts on a special Bonus Edition of the game, containing exclusive content including an OutRun inspired track and Metal Sonic as a playable character.

Just announced via the SEGA Blog, this limited edition version of the game will be available to those who pre-order in North America while stocks last. In addition to bragging rights and a slightly altered box art, the incentives for getting this version are the OutRun Bay track in which “the whole race is transformed as you get to speed across the gorgeous shimmering blue ocean as well as the roads”, as well as a playable appearance from the Sonic villain of the moment, Metal Sonic. Fresh from his starring role in Sonic 4: Episode 2, he’s back to take on the blue blur once more, this time on the race track! And the air! And the sea!

And as if that’s not enough, the Bonus Edition will also contain an Emoticon Sticker Pack, which you have to collect throughout the game “as rewards for skilful play, high scores and more”.

As it stands, the Bonus Edition appears to only be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, with no mention of the Wii U or 3DS versions at all.

Also, fear not if you’re not a North American resident, as a Limited Edition of Sonic & All-Stars Racing is planned for Europe as well – but the specific details of which are yet to be revealed. Will it be the same as this Bonus Edition, or will it be different? Stay tuned to TSS for all the latest as and when it’s announced!

What do you think of this news? Are any of you now planning to get the Bonus Edition? Let us know in the comments!

Source: SEGA Blog

About Doctor MK

Tally-ho! Doctor MK is an aspiring writer with a love for gaming and founder of the Sonic Relief fundraising campaigns which ran between 2009 and 2011. He may be found wearing a bow tie and tweed jacket for no apparent reason and is also a pun enthusiast, so provide wordplay opportunities at your own peril!
Tags: , , , , , , ,

34 Responses to Metal Sonic & OutRun Bay For ASRT Bonus Edition

1. Debug ring says:

Darn, I can’t wait to hear about the European version!

2. All of my rings…TAKE THEM!

3. If there’s a bonus version for the 3DS, I’m sold.

4. Can’t wait to hear more news on this. Hopefully the EU version will contain at least Metal Sonic or the new track, I was disappointed that very few people enabled the DLC online when playing the first game meaning that buying him was a waste of money if I didn’t have people to play 2p+ with. My major concern is that hopefully this time SUMO will allow him to be used by people who bought him and still able to be played alongside people who haven’t.
    As for the Transformable Out-run Track I certainly don’t want to miss a gem like I know it’s going to be.

5. Where is silver the hedgehog ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Hyperstar96 says:

No Wii U version? No thanks.

7. This game should be a Holiday hit.

8. bananaman922 says:

I’ll get the Xbox bonus edition for when I’m with freinds and the 3DS version for when I’m on the go.

9. Maybe SEGA is holding back for a Nintendo exclusive announcement for Wii U and 3DS?

Please be Mario! Please be Mario! Please be Mario!

Those Bonus Editions, is it available for retailers like Gamestop, or ONLY from the SEGA Blog site (I have not clicked on the link yet)?

10. Instant pre-order when the European version comes about!

11. Jeb the Hedgefox says:

Errr, I just hope the Wii U version will get something.

12. FalconKick says:

Sigh…and the pre-order madness continue. Oh well, at least it’s not DLC, though would probably sneak that in anyways.

13. Now how much is this? I’m not made of money, sadly. In fact, I’m broke, so I have to mooch on my family XD

14. LoveYouSonic says:

Cool! Awesome! I can’t wait to race along the seaside with metal sonic.

15. I just hope the PC version gets all this stuff. There’s still a PC version, right?

16. And thus my pre-order was lost. Seriously, i was planing on getting this first day, but because those who dont pre-order for whatever reason( lack of funds, on the fence, game may end up sucking so wait for reveiws) get jipped of content that could easily implemented ( im willing to bet it already has but was then removed) and sounds like it was made during the games development, I have lost all interest in this.
    Sadly people still support this “dlc train” by buying the stuff. Not cool SEGA

17. Didn’t Amazon list a bonus 3DS edition?

18. >Planned on buying the New Super Mario Bros 2 this month
    >See this
    I would pass it up….but my loyalty to Metal Sonic prevents me from doing such. TO GAMESTOP!

19. FamilyGAMEGuy8 says:

My experience:
    North America Pre-Order bonus = DLC/Clothing/Exclusive Content
    UK Pre-Order Bonus = Money Box

20. NauseousPenguin says:

Sure hope that stuff becomes DLC after it comes out. Otherwise, I won’t be able to get it.

21. Exterminator says:

Dam I do not live in europe or north america and i really want that metal sonic

22. Fuck off, why can’t this just be in the NORMAL game. I only want the Outrun track anyway

23. Experiment 282 says:

Sounds interesting…hoping Australia gets it.

24. I actually like this idea, a SE that contains hidden goodies worth pursuing. Curious how many more might be included that haven’t been mentioned yet. I wonder what the remixes will sound like. And what will Metal Sonic’s theme be!?