"Frankly, I just don't give a Cluck."

It was inevitable. After Sonic Underground, then Adventures hit Netflix, it was only a matter of time until Sonic SatAM hit the service. Now Netflix is streaming Sonic’s full DiC…produced cartoon series (now known as Cookie Jar). All 2 seasons of SatAM are available for viewing in SD format right now.

Source [TSSZ News]

Tags: ,

43 Responses to Sonic SATAM Hits Netflix

1. HACK_HEDGEHOG says:

now all we need is sonic x and the ova

2. I hope this doesn’t cause a rise of popularity for this mega-overrated and crappy cartoon.

3. NauseousPenguin says:

Geez, the only one that’s worth watching of the three and I already have the DVD.

4. pyrosthunder says:

Why standard definition? I mean, I’ll take it but why?

• I… imagine that it’s because the show was originally in standard definition and the DVD release never remastered it, nor is there is financial motivation to remaster it now?

5. sonictoast says:

Wish this series was longer. This was so much better than Sonic X and Sonic X seemed to just go on and on and on and on. And those Sonic X DVDs are like 100 bucks online now. What’s with that? The backwards world we live in.

• Jix Hedgehog says:

The next season was completely thought through by Ben Hurst and some of it was on paper, unfortunately network execs pulled it in favor of Power Rangers.

Would’ve made a great movie length episode… but *sigh :( * Ben Hurst passed away

• I’m not sure how true this is but I read somewhere, I wish I could remeber where, but the series was apperently also cancelled because Sega didn’t like how arrogant Sonic was in the Cartoon. Idk if it’s true but it seems like a weird reason to cancel a show though.

• Chocolate Supra says:

To fuel the fire some more, I heard ABC (the network who ran it in the US) had a policy to only run Saturday morning cartoons for two years, after which they’d be cancelled regardless of their success and replaced with something fresh.

6. Anonymous says:

About damn time! Yes! Love this show!

7. Jix Hedgehog says:

About time Cookie Jar made it, still working through AoStH.. spotted a Dreamcast in the background in one of the episodes :P

8. Jeb the Hedgefox says:

Meh, the only Sonic television show that I like… er, at least it was supposed to be a television show, is Sonic OVA, Sonic OVA was awesome in my opinion and I wish it was longer.

• Jix Hedgehog says:

The OVA was a pilot (2 parter) and unfortunately it didnt take off.
      They (Japan Television?) tried again with Sonic X several years later and the rest is history

9. Dakota Jones says:

SatAM?…Hell, I didn’t even know SU and AoSTH were already even on netflix. haha

10. sonicwalter says:

Thats what i said on facebook! so basicly i was the one to find out. don’t forget sonic underground

11. sonicano18 says:

Thats old new, its been on there for ages along with Sonic Underground

• No it’s not, I’ve never seen this show on Netflix until TSS mentioned it. You’re probably thinking of AoSTH.

12. Sweet but the series is all over Youtube anyways and isn’t to hard to find on DVD
    but still It’s nice to have it on netflix

13. So… a new series now SEGA?

14. AllSeeingEye says:

Bit slow on the pickup there. Was watching it last Friday on Netflix… they unfortunaty have Sonic Underground as well… uggh

15. Jason Wilkinson says:

:3 well it now showing on netflix but the the problem is it a rental and it may take lots of space, it better to buy on DVD (and the answers is for SATAM and OVA (that is full 59 mins movie all together) is Amazon (UK/US) ebay (UK/US) Yesasia.com (US only) it may have complete series)

• NauseousPenguin says:

Lots of space? You mean for Netflix streaming? Not really. It’s a website if you’re using a PC, and the apps for today’s modern game systems don’t take up too much. I got the Netflix app for my PS Vita the other day, it only took up 16 MB. Plus, it’s not like you download each thing you watch.

16. RedYellowBlueBlast says:

I must be the only person in the world who doesn’t use Netflix. lol. I’d much rather stick to Crunchyroll.

17. dont hate me guys but i like AOST instead of satam

• NauseousPenguin says:

In retrospect, I sorta enjoy it as well, if only for the internet memes it inspired.

18. I’d love to watch this, does Netflix cost.

19. sporeboy100 says:

Grif… boot up the XBOX!

i got a free trial to use up!

20. MilesKnightwing says:

Jaleel White’s version of Sonic always made me smile.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was great. I have all 65 episodes on DVD.

Sonic The Hedgehog or SatAM (as it is known) was as good as Adventures if not slightly better. What made it unique (despite there being only 26 episodes) was the darker feel to the stories which were far more arked over the series. That kind of story for a Sonic game with multiple episodes (Sonic 5 – I wish) would be very cool indeed.

21. Trogdorbad says:

The trifecta is complete. Too bad AOSTH is so broken on Netflix. “Over The Hill Hero” won’t play, and the time travel arc is out of order. Also one of the episodes from Season 1 also plays in Season 2 God dammit.

22. so… is this the reason the netflix website is unavailable?

23. …Wow, I forgot how craptastic Sonic (who’s sporting a mohawk, for pity’s sake!) and Robotnik (who looks NOTHING like Robotnik) looked in Dic’s awful cartoons. Why can’t Western animators ever get the look of video game characters right? In the two OVAs, the Mangas, and Sonic X, he looked the same way he did in the games! Didn’t the people at Dic ever play the games or look at the box arts!?

• clouddavis says:

This show was made in 93, with only 2 Sonic games out and with English localization abound. The other shows you talk about all came from Japan(where Sonic was made) or either came around 96-2000 when the franchise had settled a bit. You must be a young Sonic fan to not know that and compare this show(and even Adventures to an extent) to anything made recently or from Japan. You can shit on it as an actual show if you want but at the very least know why it isn’t a copy-paste of the game franchise when there was very little to go on in 1993.

24. I can’t find it no matter what I search… Netflix has always been my least desirable way to watch movies and TV shows because it is so… tempermental

25. Ghostcape says:

Uh, guys? You know that Capcom/SEGA/Namco crossover? Well, you might wanna look at this.. http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_3/bamdalax.jpg
    What does the colour scheme in the bottom middle look like?
    *HINT – IS IT ME, YOU SAY, YOUR LOOKING FOOOOOR?*

26. Ghostcape says:

What does the colour scheme in the bottom middle look like?
    *HINT – IS IT ME, YOU SAY, YOUR LOOKING FOOOOOR?*

• the only thing that comes to my mind is… a Crush40 song… not gonna say which but maybe you can confirm if i’m on the right track :P