USAopoly, a US based board game company, is now making several Sonic branded board games, including:

• A Sonic Die Cut Puzzle game, being sold for $14.99
  • A Sonic memory game, also being sold for $14.99
  • Finally, the holy grail of the bunch, a Sonic branded Monopoly game, currently priced between $30-$40.

All of these games are expected to launch sometime in August 2012. Unfortunately, there are no images or additional information available. Anyone want to start making predictions on properties and pieces? A metal Sonic shoe is most definitely a shoe in.

Special thanks to SSMB member Hogfather for bringing this to our attention, as well as SEGAbits/SEGA Memories staff member Barry the Nomad for making the awesome image you see above! If you want to see the fan made board game Barry created the image for, you can follow its production here.

Tags:

39 Responses to USAopoly Making Sonic Branded Board Games

1. Sonic For Hire says:

I’ve always wanted to buy Green Hill Zone!

2. Welcome to the Hotel Eggmanland… We’re just dow the road from the Hotel Death Egg.

3. An old meme once said….
    Jesus Christ, How Horrifying

4. Brianzilla2004 says:

Holy shit! They finally made a Sonic Monopoly! I’ve been saying they should make one all my life! I’m totally picking these games up. :D

5. pyrosthunder says:

Hell yeah! I’m totally getting this.

6. Chaos emerald stations, Green hill zone acts 1 and 2 maybe with a hotel or 2, Dr Eggman Tax! or that Knuckles wins the beauty contest for $10 lol.

7. Well…

…I see jokey birthday presents in my future…

8. It better not be SA2 based! I sent Waddingtons (or whoever it was that bought them out) a complete full-size blueprint for a SA2 monopoly game. When I was little, I used to love making things, especially board games. I was so proud of my monopoly one I actually sent it to the them hoping they’d be interested. Embarrassing. I also made a huge version of Sonic Shuffle with the SA1 bendy figures as the pieces. And my world famous mini Sonic Shuffle Travel Board Game.

The 4 Stations – Radical Train, Bullet Station, Megalo Station, EGG Station (+ anything with “train” or “station” in it)

Perhaps relate the colour of the square with the theme of the level – green for forest, blue for water… you get the idea :)

9. Does this mean there will be 4 Station Squares?!

One hopes to buy the Death Egg and put a hotel on there.

10. Ring, Red Star Ring, Chaos Emerald, Chao (any variety), Sonic shoe, Motobug/Egg Pawn (or both), White Wisp.

Proceed.

11. Oh, also.

“A metal Sonic shoe is most definitely a shoe in.”

ICWUTUDIDTHARLOL

12. Barry the Nomad says:

Looking forward to how they succeed or fail at a Sonic Monopoly. Hopefully they do a bit of communication with the fans like they did with the Futurama Monopoly, and give us an exclusive gold game piece like past sets.

Also, thanks for the shout out to my version of the game. ;)

13. PK the Hedgehog says:

WANT!

…Um… I got nothin’ else to say :/

14. No Sonic Cludo then? Or is that another company?

15. What a twist!

Seriously, what’s with all the merch recently? Not complaining, just good to see them making money.

16. Awww yeah. I have some ideas:

-The trains could be from the stations in Sonic adventure (Mystic ruins and Station Square)
    -Go to jail, Eggman caught ya
    - The chance cards could be like item cards. With the cance in an item box.
    - Money could be called rings.
    - Locations I want to buy: Green Hill, Chemical plant, Death Egg, Death Egg 2 (Kidding), Ocean Palace. They all gotta be in.
    - Peices: Ring, Chaos emerald, speed shoe, checkpoint, goal point (classic), Eggmans flying thing.

I’m hoping this comes out in the UK or I’ll cry.

17. FINALLY!!!! XD

18. hopefully it has electronic banking. ^v^

19. Chance Card
    Take a ride on the rainbow road back to GO

Pieces

Egg Fleet

Savanah Citadel
    Rooftop Run
    Cool Edge

Starlight Carnival
    Planet Wisp

• Woah woah woah Rainbow Road? That’s Mario Kart. Oh wait… unless you’re referencing Sonic Shorts 7.

• I believe there was one in SONIC R, not sure if it was called that though.

• sonicriders02 says:

There was no rainbow Road in Sonic R, it was called Radiant Emerald. However, I do remember a shortcut in Sonic Riders that had you “riding the rainbow”. Good Times :)

20. OH MY GOD!

This made my day even better! :D. Sonic Monopoly… My dream come true! *sob*

21. NauseousPenguin says:

DO WANT.

22. I know this won’t be it, but I think it would be cool if the Monopoly properties were games based on the SEGA console.

Pico – Music Maker and Game World
    Master System – Sonic 1, 2, Chaos
    GG- Sonic Triple Trouble, Blast, Tails Adventure
    Genesis – Sonic 1, 2, 3
    More Genesis/CD/32x – S&K, CD, Chaotix
    Saturn – Jam, 3D Blast, R
    Dreamcast – SA1, SA2, Shuffle
    Misc. – Heroes, Generations

Game pieces: Power sneaker, Ring, Master Emerald, Chili Dog, PikoPiko Hammer, Lamp Post, Egg-o-matic

23. Lessee. . .

pieces (statues): Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Eggman, Flicky, Motobug, Crabmeat, and (golden) Super Sonic? :)
    buildings: totem poles (GHZ), Giant ring, checkpoint post, and Roboticizer capsule?
    properties: Green: Green Hill Zone, Palmtree Panic, Angel Island Zone
    Blue: Metropolis Zone, Death Egg Zone
    Indigo: Weapon Bed Zone, Oil Ocean Zone
    Light blue: Diamond Dust Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Aquarium Park Zone
    Pink: Spring Yard Zone, Casino Night Zone, Twinkle Park Zone
    Orange: Stardust Speedway Zone, Doomsday Zone , Final Rush Zone
    Red: Lava Reef Zone, Volcano Valley Zone, Crisis City Zone,
    Yellow: Labyrinth Zone, Tidal Tempest Zone, and Kingdom Valley Zone? :D
    So that’d be. . . . . . 6 “Modern” Levels and 16 “Classic” Levels ^-^

But I’ll be happy they just made a Monopoly version of Sonic. :D I’ve been wondering why they haven’t my whole life!

24. Alternate:

properties: Green: Green Hill Zone, Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace Zone, Planet Wisp Zone
    Blue: Metropolis Zone, Death Egg Zone
    Indigo: Chemical Plant Zone, City Escape Zone
    Light blue: Diamond Dust Zone, Holoska Zone, Aquarium Park Zone
    Pink: Casino Night Zone, Twinkle Park Zone, Bingo Highway Zone
    Orange: Stardust Speedway Zone, Speed Highway Zone , Final Rush Zone
    Red: Lava Reef Zone, Volcano Valley Zone, Crisis City Zone,
    Yellow: Labyrinth Zone, Hidden Palace Zone, and Kingdom Valley Zone? :D
    So that’d be. . . . . . 11 “Modern” Levels and 11 “Classic” Levels ^-^

This one’s more fitting to Sonic Generations, since it includes all levels from the game with tons of extras. ;)
    Also much more even.

25. This is awesome! Ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted there to be a Sonic Monopoly. I’m totally buying this. :D

26. sonicriders02 says:

Chance: Time for a change of pace! move back 2 spaces.

27. How much are we going to get charged for the speeding fine?

28. Pingback: Sonic Board Games

29. Do not pass go!Do not collect 200 rings.Go straight to metal harbor prison!
    Anyways…not a HUGE fan of monopoly, but this could prove very very amusing! I was wondering when they would get to sonic, they already had a mario monopoly set.