It’s time to go crazy kids!

It is our utmost pleasure to announce that the Summer of Sonic will play host to the legendary rock group CRUSH 40 at this years’ convention!

Both Johnny Gioeli and Jun Senoue will be joining our already incredible roster for the day, and you, the fans will have the rare opportunity to come along and meet the band members!

Johnny Gioeli is no stranger to the world of rock, and has blown away audiences for nearly twenty years with his incredible vocals, fronting acts such as Hardline and Axel Rudi Pell. Teaming up with Jun Senoue to form Sons of Angels, they later became Crush 40. Gioeli’s powering voice has become synonymous, with a huge number of Sonic the Hedgehog title tracks including Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure), Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2) and I Am…All Of Me (Shadow the Hedgehog).

Jun Senoue is one of the most influential composers in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe, having worked on Sonic titles as early as 1993. Sound directing some of the most prolific soundtracks to date including the Sonic Adventure series, Sonic Heroes and Sonic & the Black Knight to mention but a few, Senoue has become infamous for his musical direction as well as his musical prowess, with his trademark guitar work becoming the staple of countless Sonic the Hedgehog titles. Not only this, Senoue is the composer for the soon-to-be-released title Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. The double threat of Gioeli and Senoue as Crush 40 has literally redefined the music to Sonic the Hedgehog games as we know it.

Jun and Johnny will also be answering any questions you might have in a Crush 40 Q&A event on stage. They will also be available for a quick chat in the afternoon in a meet and greet session, where you can bring along your Crush 40 memorabilia to have signed!

Not only this, but we are delighted that Crush 40 will be treating Summer of Sonic fans to a very special Summer of Sonic Crush 40 performance on stage at the end of the show, playing a selection of fan-favourites that will rock you to your core!

You’re not going to want to miss this year’s convention…it truly will be way past cool!

About T-Bird

T-Bird, the seasoned TSS writer has interests in the music and merchandise of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe. T-Bird is involved in community relations with SEGA and is the stage manager for the Summer of Sonic convention.
Tags: , , , , ,

40 Responses to CONFIRMED: CRUSH 40 To Attend Summer of Sonic

1. Extaticus says:

SCREAMS OF JOYYYYYYYYYYYY

2. YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*faints*

3. Play wonderman!

4. Awesome sauce mate. Thanks a million for makin’ it happen for the fans out there! *thumbs up*

5. I Came XDDD Just heard the great news on SSR from AAUK and I need a new pair of pants now XD More the reason to go SOS10 now =)

6. Extaticus says:
  7. J-j-j-j-JOHNNY GIOELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

*dies of excitement*

8. This, my friends – is the coup de grace. This year’s show is going to be incredible beyond belief :) Well done Adam and AAUK – the amount of work that has gone into this would weaken lesser mortals. NOW LET’S ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

9. UndeadZombi says:

I wish i could go :/
    It seems like it would be lots of fun!

10. darkhadou says:

u guys are just amazing, all this for FREE!!!…. cant believe it….. gob smacked…….. :o

11. chaos shad says:

Oh My God…..Oh My God….Oh My God…..Oh My God….please do an exclusive like Mr Bentley Jones.

12. TheHumbleFellow says:

*Plays What I’m Made of*

13. The_Soul_Gauge says:

Knew it. Still big news, tho. XDOMFINGGOD!!!11!1!

14. JasonTheJackass says:

Congrats guys!! While I’m not the biggest Crush 40 fan (although there are a few guilty pleasures in their catalog), this big of talent helps turn this event from a small-time convention with some Sonic enthusiasts, one or two STC talents and Bentley Jones into a much bigger event. In a few years time, maybe Sega will have a booth and Takashi Iizuka, Jason Griffith, and Jamal White will be signing autographs. You’ll have to rent out a convention center instead of a hotel!! I’m going to do what I can to attend next years event for Sonic’s 20th anniversary.

15. Great. I’m missing one of the greatest events ever to go on a family holiday. Man, am I pissed off right now.

16. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGBLEH… that was the sound of me jizzing myself and then dying.

17. That’s real interest, considering that I just did a 4H poster on Jun.

18. How exciting. Wish I could go, sounds like it’ll be oodles of fun!!

19. Dakota Jones says:

THEY’RE ACTUALLY COMING THIS YEAR?! Im in complete amazement! lol

@Chaos Shad

As much as I like Lee, I think he wont be going this year (after that whole ordeal with Sega and the True Colors album) but hey, he’s suprised me many times before, so I could be wrong. It would make my dream-SoS ‘perfect’ lol

20. Is that the massive announcement? I’m a bit dissapointed…. :(

21. Pretty cool. I’m not a big fan of Crush 40 (I personally think they lost it when they strayed into metal on S&tBK… but Live Life was still pretty awesome) but I would love to see this! Unfortunately it’s a UK exclusive! Oh well!

22. Mike Langlois says:

I dont wanna seem like an idiot, but how exactly do i get tickets to Summer Of Sonic? :$

Is it basically first come first served? Cause if so, im leaving now.

[Tickets will be available later this week - T]

23. SuperStingray says:

Woo! I was right! Too bad I won’t be there.

24. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    CCRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHH FFOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
    I’m there!

25. Mike Langlois says:

@T’s reply to my last post.

Is there any limit? Cause i’d really hate to miss this. Im gunna suprise my girlfriend and take her cause shes a huge! Sonic fan and i think she’d faint when she finds out.

[There is of course a capacity limit but it is not yet confirmed. I'd imagine because of C40 attendance we will probably run out of tickets quickly, so the sooner you put down for tickets, the better - T]

26. Jix Hedgehog says:

Was this the big announcement? :)

<3 you Jun

27. OH. MY. GOD..

SOEXCITEDFKJASHD!!!!

I am so glad that I am getting to go this year, I love Crush40! This is going to be the best thing for me this summer! Hooray!

How are the tickets being issued by the way?

28. @Mike: I recall seeing a YouTube video affirming that the venue can hold 1000+ people, but usually Summer of Sonic rakes in attendees in a far greater number than the site’s recommended maximum capacity states. I wouldn’t worry; you’ll doubtlessly get a ticket if you’re quick!

29. Mike Langlois says:

Thats what im worried about lol, i dont think i could ever forgive myself if i wasnt able to get a ticket. Just have to keep checking i guess!

30. We will let you know beforehand when tickets become available.

31. Ohh GOD!!! I wish I could go!!! >.<

32. Piked my attention you lot have done…

33. Dreadster SpazzChuckles says:

Isn’t it a shame that you can’t go, eh Extat?

Oh well, I’m sure you and I will have a wonderful, joyous time in sunny old Wales. ^_^ No TV, no internet, no games, just the serenity of the outside world. Oh frabjous day. Calooh Calay!

Of course I’m kidding because I WANT TO SEE CRUSH 40!!!

34. why did I have to live in america, why??? :’O

35. Amiterisu says:

Wow!Lucky! wish I had a teleportation device….

36. 0_e Why. Won’t. You. OPEN!! Damn registrations!!

37. Somebody better record Crush 40′s performance for all of us unfortunates who can’t go. :(

38. Brocky_Christ says:

HOLY SHIT.
    I WISH I COULD GO =O

39. Sonica605 says:

Crush40 cool.

But i was hoping for something bigger tbh…lol

40. DID MY HEART JUST POP OUT OF MY CHEST D: